Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another Wim Post

I lowered the car with Koni shocks and springs on Friday. The rear was a right mare to do, the front easy!! Yes that improved the car but it felt very twitchy and bumps in the road felt like they were throwing the car around "something" was not right. Probably didn't put the shocks in the right way round or something simple like that :shutit:

OK the bumping issue was sorted by setting the damper force to almost the softest setting at the front and slightly harder at the back, but still the twitchiness remained. The car was booked in for the geo. to be done as a matter of course as this must be done after lowering regardless of the car you drive, so I was hoping this may well sort out the problem.......

I am always sceptical about things in the car modding scene, I know about things like lowering, breathing, stopping, tyres etc, but changes to geometry is a new, uncharted territory for me. Well Tony did my car yesterday AM and the drive back to Milton Keynes was nothing short of amazing!! What a difference a few tweaks here and there make, instant noticeable improvement. No pulling, far better turn in, just the whole car now feels so tight and responsive what an amazing thing setting the geo up properly really is, this is on a 90K mile car.

WIMing is probably the best mod to do to your car. Or is "mod" the correct term? maybe the best adjustment you can do to your car.

THANKS TONY your coffee is prettty good also :winky:

Scan10117.jpg

I lowered the car with Koni shocks and springs on Friday. The rear was a right mare to do, the front easy!! Yes that improved the car but it felt very twitchy and bumps in the road felt like they were throwing the car around "something" was not right. Probably didn't put the shocks in the right way round or something simple like that :shutit:

OK the bumping issue was sorted by setting the damper force to almost the softest setting at the front and slightly harder at the back, but still the twitchiness remained. The car was booked in for the geo. to be done as a matter of course as this must be done after lowering regardless of the car you drive, so I was hoping this may well sort out the problem.......

I am always sceptical about things in the car modding scene, I know about things like lowering, breathing, stopping, tyres etc, but changes to geometry is a new, uncharted territory for me. Well Tony did my car yesterday AM and the drive back to Milton Keynes was nothing short of amazing!! What a difference a few tweaks here and there make, instant noticeable improvement. No pulling, far better turn in, just the whole car now feels so tight and responsive what an amazing thing setting the geo up properly really is, this is on a 90K mile car.

WIMing is probably the best mod to do to your car. Or is "mod" the correct term? maybe the best adjustment you can do to your car.

THANKS TONY your coffee is prettty good also :winky:

Scan10117.jpg

where are they based as a road trip may just be what i need.mine is like a dog to drive over bumps etc it just feels like the arse end is going to slide out

Chesham, just past Aylesbury in Bedfordshire.

only 507 odd miles away from me then

and to think i was in enfield not that long ago with work was going to take the lexus.but took the van instead sods law

Well you should have come to JAE this year then a trip up WIM like I did :P :P :lol::lol:

Chesham, just past Aylesbury in Bedfordshire.

and to think i was in enfield not that long ago with work was going to take the lexus.but took the van instead sods law

Well you should have come to JAE this year then a trip up WIM like I did :P :P :lol::lol:

no need to rub salt in the wounds moley,tell the wife i was well up for a road trip.

Give Tony a call, he's a great chap and might be able to recommend somewhere local to you. That's what he did for me because I'm in the north west, so I'm going to a place about 30 miles away.

I do wish I was going WIM though really, feels like I could be more certain of great service, but the place I'm going to should be fine and it's about 180 miles nearer.

90 miles from me, looks like i'll be taking a trip. anyone got contact details?

http://wheels-inmotion.co.uk/contact.html

I booked my car in for when im finished gettin my s/c and coilovers from prolex fitted in manchester... from what im reading... think it will be the icing on the cake! And im coming from France... :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links