Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Died

hi guys just asking for a little help, i hit a badger last nite doin bout 65-70 mph and all was ok. Parked up and was leakin some fluid but silly me drove it home, the engine light was on and the traction light was flashing aswell. As i was driving back the temp guage shot right up then after a couple of min it went rite down to nothing so put the heaters on and they were stone cold. Pulled up at my house and it just died, with smoke/steam cuming from the bonnet and it really smelt. Was no visable damage to the front of the car just no number plate, will have to wait for some light tomorrow to see what is really going on, any advice would be very greatfull, many thanx

Well you almost certainly smashed the radiator and more, by driving on you have probably blown a head gasket and maybe seized the engine if it doesn't turn over on the starter. How was the badger?

:lol: How was the badger!

Love that!

Bad luck.

Aren't badgers a protected species in order to stop those nasty farmers killing them? Mr Plod will be after you...........

Will be expensive if new engine required. Saw engines on eBay (yes!) at £1,000-£1,500 used from Japan (excludes ancillaries), so with fitting in a back-street garage you're looking at around £2,500-3,000. At a Lexus dealer, buying a new IS200 will be cheaper.

If you're comprehensively insured, you may be lucky and someone else will pay, although there are normally exclusions to void this sort of damage.

Good luck.

Ian

Yep sounds like you lost the coolant, then the thermostat prob broke from being too hot so thats why the gauge went down.

Gauge probably went down because there was no coolant left to measure the coolant temp from. No heat from the heaters would also suggest no coolant.

Depends on how far you drove like that if any damage has been done.

Same thing happened to my IS, previous owner ran it out of coolant until it blew the head gasket. I managed to find a good low mileage engine for just £600! If worst comes to worst & you need an engine you won't have to spend silly money & there are quite a few about in breakers now.

It's probably ready to eat, cooked against the front!

That's making me hungry :shifty: , never had badger before, should taste nice with a bit of mums masala!

i really dont no why i drove it home it all seamed like it was runnig ok till i got home (bout 6 miles),

had a look over the wknd it started and looking at it the bumper has pushed in and totally screwed the rad so will have to get a new 1 and will have to go from there and see what else is wrong when its back together, doh and mayb will have to get a new bumper cos it has a spider webb affect where the bumper pushed in

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links