Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Piaa Wipers

Decided to buy some PIAA wipers a few weeks ago (as I needed some new ones and wanted to see whether they live up to the hype). Thankfully looked at the instructions and their recommendation wasn't a simple swap of wipers as normal so followed everything they said. First wash the screen with soap and water, dry, and then wipe over with the alcohol wipe provided. Leave that for 10 mins, then wipe off with a clean dry cloth. Finally let the wipers run on a dry screen for 5 mins (to apply an initial layer of silicone to the screen).

Anyway, after about half an hour of fitting new wipers, I was done - took it out in the rain and was pretty impressed. Firstly they were silent like the OEM ones (unlike the Bosch Aerotwins I had for a while) and the stuff the silicone is supposed to do works really well. At speeds of around 50mph, a lot of the water was just running off the screen - there was a reasonable amount of rain yesterday but I never had to flick up to the constant wipe.

Only gripe I could find was that due to the silicone, as the wiper sweeps across the screen there is a split second smear that follows the blade, but that's hardly a problem. I'm now interested to see whether this performance lasts and how long the wipers themselves last before requiring replacement.

Either way, at the moment seems they were worth the extra price they cost :)

yea got the PIAA super sporza carbon fibre on mine. they look great and work fantastically wel!! water just beads straight off!! did you get black or carbon fibre and with or without spoilers on each??

they are pricey though, but i got my set when i was in the uS a while back so saved a bit.

highly reccomended.

I have the Bosh type - not that impressed with them on mine - they tend to leave some 'wet line' as if they are worn wipers but ok - next swap will try the PIAA ones.

I use Rainex on mine - it was brilliant - at 50mph with rain that you would need the wipers on at intemittent you did not need the wipers on - rain just streamed off screen.

My Bosch Aerotwins are silent however.......maybe I was lucky, or maybe you weren't.

Most people are satisfied, so I think I was the unlucky one, but so far these are worth the extra pennies as you really don't need to seem to use the wipers as much.

did you get black or carbon fibre and with or without spoilers on each??

I just wanted to keep everything standard, so went for black with the spoiler on the drivers side wiper :)

are these wipers universal? there on ebay for about £20, this about right?

I believe so, I just ordered 22" and 19" for the Lexus, there are about 5 different connectors in the pack so you use the right one for your car. Have you got an eBay link? Is that £20 for a pair? I couldn't find any on eBay that were cheaper than a saving of just a few pounds so got them from speeding.co.uk but that sounds pretty cheap if correct :whistling:

I've been meaning to replace my few month old Bosch Aerotwins pretty much ever since i got them, yesterday driving back from Glasgow they wouldnt wipe away hailstones, the wiper just kept leaving big streaks, not to mention the squeaking noises they make.......dont get me started :offtopic: anyway just ordered me a set of these PIAA bad boys, hopefully they'll be great :)

I've been meaning to replace my few month old Bosch Aerotwins pretty much ever since i got them, yesterday driving back from Glasgow they wouldnt wipe away hailstones, the wiper just kept leaving big streaks, not to mention the squeaking noises they make.......dont get me started :offtopic: anyway just ordered me a set of these PIAA bad boys, hopefully they'll be great :)

Hmmm, maybe I'm not the only one who had trouble with the Aerotwins then.......are you going to send them back? In my view there must be some quality control issues as it can't be normal (the way mine were anyway)

Got mine from Speeding.co.uk too :)

I just ordered my aerotwin the other day. They're sitting in the boot until my old wipers stop working (some cheap brand and used for over 1 yr, but are doing the job just fine!). Never thought about other products to stop rain from collecting on windscreen before i read this which im sure would help. Can anyone recommend a decent product that keeps the rain off the screen to make it easlier for the wipers?

Hmmm, maybe I'm not the only one who had trouble with the Aerotwins then.......are you going to send them back? In my view there must be some quality control issues as it can't be normal (the way mine were anyway)

Have a set of PIAA ordered myself as the basic Bosch ones i got from Halfords and driving me crazy... passenger one doesn't clean completely and the drivers one makes a racket ...

I just ordered my aerotwin the other day. They're sitting in the boot until my old wipers stop working (some cheap brand and used for over 1 yr, but are doing the job just fine!). Never thought about other products to stop rain from collecting on windscreen before i read this which im sure would help. Can anyone recommend a decent product that keeps the rain off the screen to make it easlier for the wipers?

RainX,

you can either get it in babywipe form, or as a liquid that you apply.

neat vinegar applied with a clean cloth along the blade with rejuvinate an older blade or one making noises :whistling:

Tried all the tricks but it keeps coming back even went so far as to even change the windscreen (although technically it was cracked :P )

bought the good washer fluid an all ... hopefully the new ones will keep me sane ... :wacko:

Have a set of PIAA ordered myself as the basic Bosch ones i got from Halfords and driving me crazy... passenger one doesn't clean completely and the drivers one makes a racket ...

I didnt buy them from a decent company just a guy off e-bay so its a total loss for me unfortunately!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links