Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Automatic: 2005 Vs 2008?

Looking at buying a used IS250 Automatic (with multimedia), 3 years old.

Does anyone know if there are any differences between the version from 2005 and todays new IS250 Automatic?

About 10k :D sorry,............ i dont think much really, auto locking when you set off, new maps in the sat/nav, ipod conection ?

2008 or 2009? Even the latest updates on the 2009 aren't worth taking the drop in depreciation for, restyled front grill and front and rear bumper, indicating mirrors, VDIM as standard, 18" wheels as standard and slightly modified suspension and new shape of rear light cluster...oh, and illuminated side by side boot & petrol cap switches :lol: .

I have a slightly modified 2005 SE-L MM that may be on the market quite soon. http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...tem&CID=352

• 1 month later...

why u selling tango?

also is VDIM not standard on auto's on pre-facelift?

also i thought the autos get ACC n PCS as standard? is that not the case? or is that on auto SE-L not on auto sport? lastly, is the suspension lower on the sport models?

also is VDIM not standard on auto's on pre-facelift?

also i thought the autos get ACC n PCS as standard? is that not the case? or is that on auto SE-L not on auto sport? lastly, is the suspension lower on the sport models?

Nope think they only had VSC, ACC & PCS was only an option on the SE-L auto (not standard)

somebody told me that he was looking at a 220d.

Lol :lol:

What are you thinking of replacing with Tango? Is it the IS-F? Or the GT-R? Or something else? Either way I'm guessing it's something awesome :winky:

somebody told me that he was looking at a 220d.

:sick: :D :yack: :lol:

What are you thinking of replacing with Tango? Is it the IS-F? Or the GT-R? Or something else? Either way I'm guessing it's something awesome :winky:

Still undecided. Fork out the £35K it would take to trade in the 250 for either car or keep it and spend somewhat less on a dedicated toy/track car? I think the latter may be more fun and I'd still have the 250 as a road car if (read when) I bend the other.

Am I thinking straight? :huh:

Same.. From the loan cars i have been getting.. and mine is a 2005 IS250 SEl MM....

The fuel and boot release is different, Auto lock

Also.. the VCIM thingy bob... if you hold the TCS button for 8 secs it turns it off.. Not sure how effective it is... all i know is.. i'll be taking my beloved is250 on the track this saturday, and i am sure i'll be turning all that off with the little hack found on this forum! heheheheh God i love this place!

I think the sat nav menu has another button, like trip info for MPG...

The number plate was an 08.. instead of 05.. ( hahaha)

Ummm....it was cleaner...

There really is no difference, the boot release and fuel filler cap is a nice change as i always press the wrong button. Also think they are illuminated ....

Still undecided. Fork out the £35K it would take to trade in the 250 for either car or keep it and spend somewhat less on a dedicated toy/track car? I think the latter may be more fun and I'd still have the 250 as a road car if (read when) I bend the other.

Do you do a lot of track days? Then the latter might be a better option............that caterham R500 looks mental as a track day toy :winky:

Do you do a lot of track days? Then the latter might be a better option............that caterham R500 looks mental as a track day toy :winky:

Did I mention I had a Caterham in mind then? One of the Caterham official dealers is about 6 miles from where I live (Millwood Motor Company). The new Caterham 7 CSR 260 looks mental with a 2.3, 260 bhp Cosworth lump in it, but it's more money than my Lexus 250 SE-L was new, so I may have to settle for something with a little less bhp.

The toy will be shared with my 19 year old son in the hope that he'll learn his lessons on the track, rather than follow his Dad :whistling: . He would prefer I get something like a modified Supra (at least it would be cheaper). We're doing the Caterham circuit experience when he's back from Uni for the summer http://www.caterham.co.uk/assets/html/expe...ce/circuit.html

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links