Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seperating Rear Lights

ormi

just jdm'd my headlights goin to do my fogs tomorrow but i also want to do my rear lights i've found lots of posts on how much of a nightmare it was and fount some pics of a red car and a black car which have the rear lights painted!!is their instructions on how to do this with pics been looking for hours and cant see anything!!!please help? :crybaby:

Rear lights look hot when colour coded. I love the red car on here with the red lights! Stick some 5-Series LEDs on the side of the rear lights too i've seen a US-Spec IS done looks real good!

Hi,

I opened/painted my rear lights a while ago, I used a sharp heat knife (like a soldering iron with a sharp end attachment) to open them and some sort plastic weld glue and silica sealant to put them back together.

I've taken them off and sold them now because I got bored of them, but they were great and 100% water tight for 3 years!

I also did some for my freind Niel on his Granite Sky IS, just using tinting film, he was happy with them but I wasn't so I did the whole hog on mine.

Here's some pics:

22092008252.jpg

DSC07208.jpg

DSC07213.jpg

DSC07211.jpg

22092008251.jpg

Niel's car:

DSC07205.jpg

Hope this helps a little :)

Scott

thanks dude that help'd a lot but do you have pic's of were you cut the lense??really dont wanna fkcu these up!!!!!

I just cut on the line where the clear plastic meets the black plastic, as far back as pos so that you can't see the cut while the lights are on the car. Good luck mate.

I carefully cut the lens of using a dremel with a circular cutting tool

go slow enough to keep a constant cut going

to slow and it starts melting

resealed using silicone sealant

gallery_4887_22_1102194550.jpg

I have to say they look very nice, not so keen on the black ones on the blue though. Should of done them blue ;)

I have to say they look very nice, not so keen on the black ones on the blue though. Should of done them blue ;)

I was going for a blacked out look - Dark chrome wheels, black lexus badges, black headlights and rear lights. I think they looked alot better in the flesh than on a pic but I must admit I got sick of them and in the end I hated them :sick: , thats why I'm back silver again and love it. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links