Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg For Rx300

hello, i was just wondering what sort of mpg people are getting out of their Rx300. the current shape, 04 onwards or thereabouts

also ideally i want to know the mpg when the car is used fully in town

thanks

Anuj

Hi Anuj,

In town, it really depends on your driving style. I can get around 23MPG with an easy driving style (ie: no hard accelerations or braking), SWMBO gets 18 ;)

Moderate your style, udnerstand the RX isn't a car, and you will do fine IMHO.

70MPH yields 30MPG on motorway using 'regular' fuel. Any more and you will seriously hamper your economy.

I've had mine for a couple of days now and the computer is reckoning 30mpg - this is driving 98% on the motorway at about 65mph. Will find out the actual MPG on Thursday when I fill up. Will report back.

I'll stick my neck out and say that you should get close to what the car is indicating; circa 280 miles before you need to fill with around 45 - 50 liters of fuel.

No point on doing 65MPH, 60 would be better or even 70.

Well I just filled up (at 90.9 - Tesco Leicester btw) and i've calculated my real-life MPG to be about 28mpg. So as you say - very close to what the computer is saying. I'm more than happy with that. The car needed about 50litres and was reporting 80miles left on the tank...

the car would be driven for 7miles at a time = maybe 28 a day. in lots of 7 the speed doesnt exceed 45mph and it will be driven smoothly. u think low - mid 20`s?

I do a 5 mile commute each way every day in my 04 RX300. Stop/start traffic rarely getting over 30 mph and at least half a dozen sets of lights and having to pull away sharply to avoid the to$$er in a corsa cutting me up 'cos he is in the wrong lane. Average according to the screen is as low as 17 MPG. Average with some motorway driving is 26/27MPG, total motorway get it over the30's.

I just went 337 miles on 3/4 of an tank of regular unleaded the OBC said total MPG was 26.2 which was great for me and much better than I hoped for as lets face it an c-max doing the same journey would be around 29 mpg haha

So the quest would be drive the same distance in a C-max or an RX300?

IF YOU THINK, C-max your on the wrong forum guys.

Bunter

I just went 337 miles on 3/4 of an tank of regular unleaded the OBC said total MPG was 26.2 which was great for me and much better than I hoped for...

Sorry, but the only way to be sure is to conduct a brim-to-brim test. Also, it has also been known for new owners to mis-read their fuel gauge at 3/4 empty - which is actually 'empty' - as the mark below that is 'reserve'. Untill you do a proper brim-to-brim test you will never know for sure what MPG you are getting.

• 2 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links