Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Squeaking Wiper Blades

blsrbjg

Hi - can any one help with this problem please? Just purchased new wiper blades from Halfords and they screech/squeak really badly when in use. I can't stand the noise when using them constantly and even in heavy rain have to use them on slowest mode (yes, I know it's dangerous). I followed the instructions for fitting, though they are not the most expensive (couldn't afford those at the time). :crybaby::crybaby:

Hi - can any one help with this problem please? Just purchased new wiper blades from Halfords and they screech/squeak really badly when in use. I can't stand the noise when using them constantly and even in heavy rain have to use them on slowest mode (yes, I know it's dangerous). I followed the instructions for fitting, though they are not the most expensive (couldn't afford those at the time). :crybaby::crybaby:

Should have got them from Lexus, probably would have cost the same if not less than the Halfords ones.

Alternatively, if you feel like upgrading, most people are happy with the Bosch Aerotwins or I've recently fitted the PIAA silicon ones which are brilliant too (although a tad expensive)

• 3 weeks later...

I would take the halford ones back i had a pair of thoose and they were terrible they made awfal noises. As i have heard on here most people go for bocsh aero twin they are good i have had thoose however they do not reach all the way to edge. I have now got some Trico neo form blades which are very good. I got thoose from www.wiperblades.co.uk very good prices and loads to choose from!

I got some Aerotwin blades from Belfast to give them a whirl recently, only cost something like £11 delivered - seem fine to be honest but will see how they hold up but they look much better anyway!

I have Aerotwins which were fine on both my cars but then they started to sqeeke and shudder. Glass cleaner on the blade rubber worked a treat, but I needed to leave them to soak a bit before cleaning them off.

Hmmm funny what you say about the Bosch Aerotwin blades, did you buy the 22" & 19" ones ?

Mine are fine :)

Oh what i ment is that the edge of the blade dosnt quite touch the screen but otherwise good. You can acctually fit 20" on the passanger side to give you even more clean screen.

I have Aerotwins which were fine on both my cars but then they started to sqeeke and shudder. Glass cleaner on the blade rubber worked a treat, but I needed to leave them to soak a bit before cleaning them off.

Just realised I was lying - mine are the Aeroflat ones from eBay - they look pretty much identical so will have a try with glass cleaner when they start acting up cheers :)

I hear there's another brand but I'll be damned if I can remember it now but they're supposed to be the best ones! Off to Google for a look now!

..:: Edit ::.. Valeo I think are the ones that I saw great reviews about!

I stick 2 or 3 pairs of Tesco ones on mine per year (not all at the same time obviously), basic but do the job of clearing the screen. And at something like £2 or less each side I don't care if they only last 2 months a pair, which they don't, they last longer. I just keep a spare pair at all times and as soon as they start to lag in performance I replace them. Sorted.

And before anyone queries it, they just look like basic wipers, not poundland specials. Works for me.

I read somewhere they've started doing the flat type ones too for under a tenner a pair I think! I couldn't believe what I could buy in Tesco the other morning - it's madness!

I know how sad am i lol

I shouldn't worry fella you're in good company, you're on a forum full of people with OCD who like to change their jet washers from 2 way to 3 way to fan type and so on :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links