Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cambelt

120,000! to be fair it was due, and its an expensive oversight. mines just hit 60,000. i dont feel it needs it doing this early so i've planned to have it done on the 80,000 service

I wouldnt leave it any longer, i would have it done asap, its done 60k its due now.

:lol:

This all makes me thing there are advantages to the interference design (forgetting that it can smash itself to bits at anytime) - wonder what they all are?

Also makes me wonder why don't they all just use chains and non-interference type engines?

A lot of the new Toyota engines now have chains, i dont know if the lexus engines are doing the same.

Mine's just turned 40k a fortnight ago, on a 52 plate, so I suppose I should get my belt changed. Anyone suggest the best place to buy one, which I will then take to my mechanic to have him fit it? I saw some no-name ones on eBay for around £20 a pop... I suppose OE stuff is better for summat like this though eh

That's strange - I emailed them last week and got a reply back within an hour or two?

How old is the car Janet? I'd usually say 60k or 5 years is about enough time without taking a gamble - I had mine done two years ago and I'm having it all changed again next week!

It's an 02 with 61000 on the clock....due a service in March so I think I will treat her !

We found out the history of the car and the belt was changed at 70,000 miles before my stepson bought it.

That means it done 40,000 miles with the new belt in 4 years. ( it had done 115,000 in total ).

So it was just bad luck in the end.

Woah, so the cam belt failed after only 40/45K ? :ohmy:

That sounds like more than bad luck. I wonder if the tensioner/idler pulleys weren't changed when the belt was changed previously, leaving worn components to prematurely wear the new belt ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links