Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

just been in for service and a few warranty bits and pieces and the dealer has informed me that there is a recall on the steering rack,which is a complete swap out,also if you are experiencing stale odours from the air con,this also is a swap out.my car has had both today.

just been in for service and a few warranty bits and pieces and the dealer has informed me that there is a recall on the steering rack,which is a complete swap out,also if you are experiencing stale odours from the air con,this also is a swap out.my car has had both today.

What do they they 'swap out' for the air con? Is the steering rack a recall or on warranty?

If it is a recall then all owners of affected models should be contacted by Lexus. Is this definately a recall as,to date, there is nothing on the VOSA site relating to this recall.

Oh no! I had mine looked at during my service last year; noticed the odour and asked Lexus Liverpool if it was something that could be done under warranty, but they said no, it was something that needed servicing, therefore it was charged. Paid a hundred quid or something for it! Apparently they put some chemical treatment to it. Seemed to have sorted the odour... ish. Occasionally when I turn the air con on, I think I get a tiny whiff. But the missus don't seem to be bothered, and she's usually the more smell conscious one.

What's with the steering rack?

What do they they 'swap out' for the air con? Is the steering rack a recall or on warranty?

they said it was the matrix for the air con and definitely a recall on the steering rack.i didn't ask if that was general or chassis specific but it was not a cheap item.

If it is a recall then all owners of affected models should be contacted by Lexus. Is this definately a recall as,to date, there is nothing on the VOSA site relating to this recall.

the dealer told me that the recall(his words)for the steering rack came about yesterday,i had a wheel replaced and a shim kit for the rear brakes all done with a cost to lexus of £3k. ^_^

Oh no! I had mine looked at during my service last year; noticed the odour and asked Lexus Liverpool if it was something that could be done under warranty, but they said no, it was something that needed servicing, therefore it was charged. Paid a hundred quid or something for it! Apparently they put some chemical treatment to it. Seemed to have sorted the odour... ish. Occasionally when I turn the air con on, I think I get a tiny whiff. But the missus don't seem to be bothered, and she's usually the more smell conscious one.

What's with the steering rack?

give lexus wolverhampton a call 0870 9010930 they seem to be very much on the ball.my 50k service was a good price at £214 as well.

was there anythin wrong that u noticed with ur steering rack? why is there a recall do u know? u dont use lex leicester i take it?

.did u alwys have a gs430??

i didn't report a steering rack problem but,i do remember somebody posting total power steering failure whilst driving,i don't remember who it was or when.i was in a hurry when collecting and didn't have time for a lot of questions,i betcha tango knows by now.i decided not to use leic lex sometime ago after repeated careless damage incidents.

was there anythin wrong that u noticed with ur steering rack? why is there a recall do u know? u dont use lex leicester i take it?

.did u alwys have a gs430??

i didn't report a steering rack problem but,i do remember somebody posting total power steering failure whilst driving,i don't remember who it was or when.i was in a hurry when collecting and didn't have time for a lot of questions,i betcha tango knows by now.i decided not to use leic lex sometime ago after repeated careless damage incidents.

Anyone else got any info on a Recall for steering

as its a major thing you need when driving a car :crybaby:

Shim kit for rear brakes ?? whats that all about :unsure:

just found this on the net But iwas started in December in China

so who knows

it does say they do not know if the same models would be recalled in other countries ??

BEIJING - Toyota Motor Corp. has issued a recall for more than 120,000 cars in China to fix a problem that could result in loss of steering control, China's quality watchdog said Thursday in the latest piece of bad news for the Japanese automaker.

Tianjin FAW Toyota Motor Co., a joint venture between Toyota and China's FAW Group, will recall 121,930 vehicles beginning Friday, according to a notice on the Web site of the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine.

The notice said the recalled models include Crown and Reiz luxury sedans produced between 2005 and 2006, and Lexus cars produced between 2004 and 2006.

The agency said that manufacturing defects could cause the electric power steering systems to fail.

It was not clear if the same models would be recalled in other countries. Toyota officials in Japan could not immediately be reached for comment late on Thursday.

Toyota will contact owners of the affected vehicles, conduct checks and replace defective parts without charge, the Chinese agency said.

The notice did not say if any accidents have resulted from the defects.

The recall announcement was the latest in a string of bad news for Japan's No. 1 automaker. On Monday, the company said it was sinking into its first operating loss in seven decades. Then Wednesday, Toyota reported that global vehicles sales had plunged 21.8 percent in November — its biggest drop in eight years.

dave1..did u alwys have a gs430??

Had a late '96 GS 300 Sport for 6 yrs until I got this 430 in May last year.

There have been at least 2 owners in the past on this forum who have had to have a new steering rack fitted under warranty - both where the steering Power Assistance just dies and you can't turn the steering at all. Luckily neither owner was at motorway speeds when it occurred...

Anyone else remember this??

Anyone else remember this??

My steering failed completely in early December whilst undertaking a three point turn. A new steering rack was fitted but I was unhappy with the feel of the steering, and the car was left at the centre to be checked over but no faults could be found. I subsequently emailed them the thread about clunking wheels at slow speed which described the condition, and I received an e mail back asking for my car to go in for three days in mid February. I don't know if that is a recall or just an ongoing issue with my car.

I don't know if this is connected, but the condition described below did not occur until the new steering rack was fitted. It did turn a lot colder around that time however.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=56172

Looking at the other Links I see this being a BIG problem

also reading that News from China 120k cars recall O MY God :tsktsk:

Do you think TOYOTA who Own LEXUS will do a major recall

in Europe or just wait to see when people get the problem

so it might not cost them as much in the long term.

I'm sure the recall letters are primed. Can you imagine what would happen if there was a fatality, or even a minor bump being attributable to this? It does sound like most failures have happened at slow "manoeuvring speeds" - so hopefully they know the cause, which batches/manufacture dates it affects etc

I will phone Lexus Edinburgh/Glasgow tomorrow about the steering 'recall' - This seems kinda important and needs some clarification!

Lexus Glasgow did tell me about the aircon 'recall' - £1000 job to replace some unit or other. I said forget it just now, for fear of horrendous rattles appearing in the dashboard (its a dashboard out job).

Hello

Chatting with Dealer today and My IS220D will be getting two recalls in the post

I am told it is all down to chassis number

1) steering problem some joint can cause the steering to stiffen up

They have been advised to test and replace if they feel it needs to be replaced

but would you like to be the technician saying No this is OK, i guess they will replace them all . :crying:

2) Rear brakes shim kit, as they have found the Rear pads can seize or wear uneven :crybaby:

So i await the letters

Matt

Hello

Chatting with Dealer today and My IS220D will be getting two recalls in the post

but would you like to be the technician saying No this is OK, i guess they will replace them all . :crying:

2) Rear brakes shim kit, as they have found the Rear pads can seize or wear uneven :crybaby:

So i await the letters

Matt

no air con recall for you then?

Hello

So i await the letters

Matt

no air con recall for you then?

Strange that is as i did ask but they did not know anything about it

when i go for the other two i will ask again as i dont want the aircon unit to fail

after warranty up

Hello

So i await the letters

Matt

Matt - any ideas on what reg dates these recalls will impact on - I have a 57 plate (Sept 07 reg)

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links