Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bbc Not Showing The Gaza Appeal

ALI_1

I was reading news on the net and read that the bbc wont show a appeal to raise money for the peaple in palastine it shows some prejudice to me anyway was wondering what you guys thought

I fail to how this shows any prejudice. They are not showing any appeals for Israel either as far as I know. The BBC is supposed to be totally neutral. At the risk of upsetting you, I feel that we are subjected to far more coverage of the events in Gaza than we need to be. Might be better if the media spent more of its resources making people in the UK more aware of events involving our lads and lasses in the areas in which they are involved.

Ironically all the media publicity and backbiting because the BBC refused to broadcast the appeal has probably brought it to the forefront more than the broadcast would have.

The other point is that during the recent war itself, much comment was made about how the BBC were concentrating on the shelling of schools etc, and ignoring the constant rocket attacks that had lead Israel to attack in the first place. The general tone of the comments was that the BBC (and others, of course) were being anti-Israel by constantly showing a moving wallpaper of injured kids etc which would whip up fury amongst Islamists everywhere.

A week later, and suddenly the BBC are being anti-Palestinian by refusing to show the charity appeal. But they can't really be both, surely?

For the record, I dislike Israel, or rather it's policies towards the Palestinians. But Hamas don't exactly help themselves either.

Even tho i feel sorry for those people stuck in war torn/ poverty riden countrys.

But sould'nt we sort out our own counrty first? I meen whats to point in giving money away to someone else when people in this country are being laid off left right and center, i know that were still better off than most countrys but people dont have any spare cash to give away.

Hi

If you can cut out all the political hype and ask your self if you want to help the children, 1.5 million people live in Gaza, 56% of whom are children. A donation will help provide immediate emergency items such as food, blankets and bedding, shelter materials, drugs and medical supplies, drinking water and child protection programmes. In the medium term funds will be used to help get children back to school, repair and restore water supplies and revive peoples livelihoods. This is what I have focused on, not any political lobby groups miss-information, that has swayed the BBC from directly assisting these unfortunate people!

2ddesign

I was reading news on the net and read that the bbc wont show a appeal to raise money for the peaple in palastine it shows some prejudice to me anyway was wondering what you guys thought

I fail to how this shows any prejudice. They are not showing any appeals for Israel either as far as I know. The BBC is supposed to be totally neutral. At the risk of upsetting you, I feel that we are subjected to far more coverage of the events in Gaza than we need to be. Might be better if the media spent more of its resources making people in the UK more aware of events involving our lads and lasses in the areas in which they are involved.

No its ok mate i dont find your post upsetting. Just finding other folks opinions intresting Israel gets billions of dollers of aid from the US I dont think it would need a charity appeal where as Palastine well is broken country doesnt evan have much of a army to defend itself doesnt matter if its Palastine or Israel peaple need help and the media should show it regardless where the peaple are from

like dave1 said with all the backbiting and refusal to show it has bought it to the forefront I mean I had no idea there was a appeal until I read it on the net becouse thay wouldnt show it.

Even tho i feel sorry for those people stuck in war torn/ poverty riden countrys.

But sould'nt we sort out our own counrty first? I meen whats to point in giving money away to someone else when people in this country are being laid off left right and center, i know that were still better off than most countrys but people dont have any spare cash to give away.

the money being "given away" is for people who are injured and risk at losing limb all causes by Isreal, and for the food and water which Isreal have cut off to the people, do we see that happening in the uk??

you cant compare where your money goes to, and what makes Britain Britain, and is that even people dont have spare money, we still open our hands and give money to make, another persons life that little bit easier.

I agree Isreal dont need aid money, specially with the US on there side, and the help there get from the US, majority of the rocket fallen in Gaza is made by the US.

the money being "given away" is for people who are injured and risk at losing limb all causes by Isreal, and for the food and water which Isreal have cut off to the people, do we see that happening in the uk??

you cant compare where your money goes to, and what makes Britain Britain, and is that even people dont have spare money, we still open our hands and give money to make, another persons life that little bit easier.

I agree Isreal dont need aid money, specially with the US on there side, and the help there get from the US, majority of the rocket fallen in Gaza is made by the US.

WELL SAID!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links