Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

thanks. got the car from lexus birmingham...

I Live in Birmingham just work in cov

and Use Lexus birmingham

Really Nice Girls in Service there Megan & Leanne

Any Problems i have had they have allways sorted them

they are a Credit to the Sytner Group.

Just a few warranty issues and the case of people wanting to get a closer look at my rear Bumper

:crybaby: twice now

But again they delt with it very quickly,

Hope to see you around

ps

Bayton road Ind est is Near junc 3 M6 & on the way to Bedworth

ya megan and leanne dealt with my previous car..initially started with dave the service manager who i must say is excellent. bought the car from ben..know a few ppl in that dealership as they were in cov before

Spot on, nice to know i'm not cracking up. I had an SE in Codoxton Slate with beige leather before but this done it for me, had to have it. Looks awesome in the white too, especially sat on them wheels :)

thx m8...the more i look at it..the more i like it :)

thinking of getting mudflaps for the car..but only if it can be same color as the car..and also one thing i like on the new facelift is surround on the cd/dvd player (where u insert the cd/dvd) is now also in chrome, which matches the rest of the centre console..i mite try and see if that can be switched via the dealer..

rang three dealers today, and they all said i cant havethe front mudflaps fitted to my car, just the rear. when they input my regplate, it only comes up as the rears..they said its something with the sport version, that sits slightly lower?? but only on the newer 08 models...which is crap..i dont really think it will look nice with just rear mudflaps...anyone else experience this or know more??

it has on me as well..wasnt too sure bout it before i bought it. but like it more by the day now

Great that you're enjoying your new motor....looks great.

Might I suggest that the best way to keep it spotless would be to get your wife to clean it daily :D

rang three dealers today, and they all said i cant havethe front mudflaps fitted to my car, just the rear. when they input my regplate, it only comes up as the rears..they said its something with the sport version, that sits slightly lower?? but only on the newer 08 models...which is crap..i dont really think it will look nice with just rear mudflaps...anyone else experience this or know more??

It's crap, firstly the 08 Sport doesn't sit any lower than the rest of the range, and secondly I have the OEM IS250 mudflaps all round and my car does sit a lot lower at the front, as my American Spec Eibach's lower the car by 1.4" at the front and 1" at the rear. As you can see in the pic there's no problem with clearance.

20052008032ng8.jpg

It's crap, firstly the 08 Sport doesn't sit any lower than the rest of the range, and secondly I have the OEM IS250 mudflaps all round and my car does sit a lot lower at the front, as my American Spec Eibach's lower the car by 1.4" at the front and 1" at the rear. As you can see in the pic there's no problem with clearance.

20052008032ng8.jpg

thot the same...cud it be anything to the skirts being bit different? just dont see why when my reg plate is put in the systemthe fronts dont show up?? tango?

thot the same...cud it be anything to the skirts being bit different? just dont see why when my reg plate is put in the systemthe fronts dont show up?? tango?

The ones I have are supposed to be the OEM for the standard 220/250, and they fit despite me having the OEM Ground FX skirts, so don't believe that can be an excuse for not having them. To be honest I couldn't guarantee that they're specific to the 250/220D or not, supposed to be but Lexus Bristol fitted them so without part numbers I cannot be sure.

I think Jamboo/Scarlett Pimp had IS200 flaps fitted to his 220D, but problem is they're not colour coded. Black or..um black. Ask them if they have any colour coded front ones for the non 'Sport' 250/220D.

na they dont do color coded mudflaps at all i believe..coz i did ask also when i had my previous is250 se-l in gold...but will take it to a lexus dealer tomorrow and ask them to see if the standard mudflaps fit them on front and rear and take it from there..

if i can get front n rear..shud i leave it as black or get it painted to match car? wat do u guys think??

took it to lexus coventry today..wanted them to check if there were any recalls on steering rack n shim kit..no recalls at all on my VIN. also found out it was built 17/01/08 :)

mudflaps...saw the parts department and when they input my reg plate on screen only the rear flaps showed up. so I asked him to just look without putting a reg plate in, and he selected IS -> 220D/250 -> 08 build -> SE MAN -> and it showed both front and rear. so i asked if he had it in stock to have a look, he took it and brought it to my car. It fits i think, but on the flap, there are two holes, one closer to the outer side of it which was the bigger hole, and another towards the inside which was a smaller hole. the bigger hole corresponded to the big nut on the car, but there was no hole/nut on the car for the smaller hole. he said the front of my side skirt swooped bit lower than the standard ones..which i didnt think was true, i compared to other cars on the forecourt and the skirts looked same...and so he asked the service dept. if they would fit it, explaining the situation that the part didnt show up on the screen for my reg plate etc etc, and the service dept. said they wouldnt fit it for guarantee purposes etc etc.....arghhhhhhh!!

will ask lexus birmingham when i pop down to them...hopefully they will!

anyone that has mudflaps on their 250..can you check if on the front ones there are 2 holes on the actual flap and if there is a nut or screw or anything holding in the smallest hole (hole furthest away from you)??

anyone that has mudflaps on their 250..can you check if on the front ones there are 2 holes on the actual flap and if there is a nut or screw or anything holding in the smallest hole (hole furthest away from you)??

Did you try Lexus Birmingham and if so what was their response regarding the mudflaps?

went to lex birmingham today and asked bout the mudflaps. they said they would order it in, and see if it fits against another auto sport they have there, and if it does, they will drop them off to me so i can get it painted..once thats done, they will fit :D

oh ya, round trip from here to there and back, gave me 42.7mpg..not bad :)

• 3 weeks later...
got the mudflaps painted n fitted by lex bham...heres the result :)

Nice result, pity Lexus made it feel like extracting teeth :lol: . The fronts stop most of the crud from spraying up the sides of the doors, so just fitting a pair on the rear would only have helped tailgaters. Glad you persevered with the colour coding too, they look great.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links