Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota Touch Up Tape

aido

No it's not dodgy tape of CCTV footage of all Toyota's female staff getting touched up, it's a tape that you can use to touch up your paintwork - anyone on here heard of it or even better used it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Touch-up-tape...%3A1|240%3A1318

Thanks in advance!

No it's not dodgy tape of CCTV footage of all Toyota's female staff getting touched up, it's a tape that you can use to touch up your paintwork - anyone on here heard of it or even better used it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Touch-up-tape...%3A1|240%3A1318

Thanks in advance!

Ive heard of it, when i worked for toyota, they used to supply it with new cars, instead of a tin of touch up paint.

You just peel it and stick it over the scratch/scuff etc.

Cheers dude!

There's one on eBay in silver but can't find any black ones, looks genuine but destined for the Jap market looking at the writing on it :)

Might try and track some down!

I've just had a look at the pic on the advert and I'd swear it says 1C6 which is actually the colour code for Granite Sky so it would be fine for anyone with one of those :)

1C0 is Plat Ice I think - may be worth dropping the seller a message to clarify exactly which colour code it is as I am squinting a bit there and it could be either!

This is interesting as I have a few small marks on the bodywork of my Platinum Ice IS200, I took it to a bodyshop but they pretty much said it wasn't worth doing, I guess because it's silver and quite hard to match in.

What would it look like if you used this tape, you'd be able to see the edges right?

This is interesting as I have a few small marks on the bodywork of my Platinum Ice IS200, I took it to a bodyshop but they pretty much said it wasn't worth doing, I guess because it's silver and quite hard to match in.

What would it look like if you used this tape, you'd be able to see the edges right?

try this stuff, mate. Worked an absolute treat for me.

Cheers dude!

There's one on eBay in silver but can't find any black ones, looks genuine but destined for the Jap market looking at the writing on it :)

Might try and track some down!

Let me know how you get on dude, sounds like a tidier/cleaner way of touching paint chips up.

Let me know how you get on dude, sounds like a tidier/cleaner way of touching paint chips up.

To be fair fella I gave up after Chris said it only came with new cars and after seeing some comments on it!

I've got the usual touch up kit coming from Lexus and the pen from Taiwan, I've been thinking and sure John gave me a pen ages ago so I'm going to try all three to see how they compare :)

Ah with you mate, if the touch up paint set from Toyota is any good on the black it should be good stuff mate, going to try it with a toothpick this time though!!!

Yeah, I was always told to build up the layers slowly. In truth im a little nervous about using this polisher...will try it on a panel that needs attention already so if it goes badly its not gonna peave me off so much! lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links