Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Sportcross: How To Eject Satnav Dvd So As To Change It

Help, I can't work out how to get the SatNav DVD out of the player.

The car is a 2001, first generation Lexus IS300, the hatchback=Sportcross model, like the one shown in this photo

800px-Lexus-IS300-SportCross.jpg

The SatNav is generation 00 without touch screen.

The player for the SatNav DVD is in the hatch area, next to the spare tyre/wheel. I have got access to it.

The old DVD for 2001-2 was marked 86271_70V310A and 2001-2 v1 and 86271-24120 (I know because the previous owner had written it down in the manual). I have bought the correct replacement DVD for 2008-9 from Lexus Map Updates marked 08927-00955 and WES EUROPE as part of PZ485-X01EU-08.

But I cannot find the way to eject the old DVD and put the new one in! There is no button on the player (like there is on my GS Lexus) and I cannot see a menu option to do this either.

Also, if I can do this, is there some special reset I need to do so the computer loads the new software?

HELP PLEASE!

On mine matey, i have to turn the ignition to the 1st click then with the ignition on open the little black flap on the front of the cd changer and the disc should come out? if it doesnt work on the 1st key position try it on the 2nd key position, When you put the new disc in it should update the system :)

On mine matey, i have to turn the ignition to the 1st click then with the ignition on open the little black flap on the front of the cd changer and the disc should come out? if it doesnt work on the 1st key position try it on the 2nd key position

Nope. Just tried that. DVD still inside.

I should add that it all works OK (damned motion sensor lock is the exception, but for these early model SatNavs there's no work-around as yet!), so there is nothing wrong with the player or the DVD except that the data is more than 7 years out of date and I've wasted more on petrol than the new DVD cost.

So, still.... HELP!

sliding a panel across the front of the unit.........if it's already open, then close it and open it again.

Done, as the first responder already suggested. DVD stays inside.

I've even tried disconnecting the Battery for 5 minutes and then reconnecting....

Just had a look on the US forums and found this, not sure if it applies to yours:

Btw, for those of you having a problem ejecting the DVD, try turning the key to the ON (or accessory) position, then press and HOLD the eject button for about 3-6 seconds. The disk should eject. I believe the drive uses a hold delay to prevent accidental ejection.

Just had a look on the US forums and found this, not sure if it applies to yours:
Btw, for those of you having a problem ejecting the DVD, try turning the key to the ON (or accessory) position, then press and HOLD the eject button for about 3-6 seconds. The disk should eject. I believe the drive uses a hold delay to prevent accidental ejection.

I can't remember it actually having an eject button, I think it's just a slider and when it clicks it ejects :unsure:

turning the key to the ON (or accessory) position, then press and HOLD the eject button for about 3-6 seconds. The disk should eject. I believe the drive uses a hold delay to prevent accidental ejection.

Which "eject button"? On the dash? Can't see one. There's no button of any kind on the rear, front or side of the DVD unit itself. :(

I keep reading about a cover that needs to be taken off with a 10mm socket before you can access the drive but that could just be the US cars or is that metallic framework that you've already removed?

Also, does this sound like yours@

the DVD drive itself is located in the trunk. Lift up the carpet mat, and on the right side of the spare tire you will see a silver box (kinda looks like a little amplifier), there are 2 screws holding a panel over the slot of it. remove one of them and just slide the cover down, then there is a switch to lock the disc inside the drive, slide it to the open position and hit eject. this will spit out the old disc. insert the new disc, and then lock the drive and recover the slot.

http://my.is/forums/f103/gen-1-navigation-310023/

Or maybe this one:

http://my.is/forums/f103/nav-software-update-252939/

how to update yoru software:

1. buy a newer disc

2. in the trunk, remove the trunk liner, spare tire tool kit thing, and spare tire (i think)

3. you'll notice a CD-player like box that's held in place by some brackets (this is the brains of the system)

4. not quite sure, but i think you have to remove the bracket to the left (it protects the nav from the spare tire) with a screwdriver...then you'll see an "eject" button

5. click eject button, wait for dvd to come out

now here'st eh super hard part (jk)

6. to update your nav system remove the old dvd, put the new one in

7. DONE..it'll do the software update automatically --> leave the navi system on while it's updating

8. put stuff back together

note: now that your system has the new DVD, your old DVD is worthless to you (unless you sell it on eBay) as the updates are irreversible.

Have you got a pic of what you're seeing at all please?

Thanks for all the suggestions, followed all the links. Yes, I had to reduce the pressure in the spare tyre to get it out, unscrewed the frame to get at the DVD unit. No button or recess anywhere on the unit - slid my hands over all of it.

I'll get a photo done - but any more suggestions, please make them! :(

Having been thinking about it again, I'm now thinking there was an eject button.........if I get time and you still haven't got it out I'll take mine out of the boot and check how you get it out.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but after unscrewing the bolts holding it down, you then removed the metal faceplate in front of the drive right? :unsure:

On my old IS200/IS300's you had to remove the metal cover the was covering the front of the unit.

Then on the front panel of the DVD unit there was a black 'button' that you could slide - once this button was moved you could get to a eject button hidden behind it The eject button wasn't very big and didn't move much when pressed, but there was a definate 'click' when it was pressed. Then, after a few seconds, the disc would eject. This would only work if the SatNav system was actually powered up.

Once the new disc is inserted, the 'button' mentioned earlier MUST be moved back into it's original position.

I sometimes found it easier to take the spare wheel out of the boot to give me more room to reach the buttons.

Hope this helps

Phil

Edit: I should add that the buttons I'm talking about are not easy to see as they are coloured black, with a black background on the black front panel. Taking the spare wheel out made things much easier. The buttons were also at the far edge AWAY from the boot opening on the front panel.

after unscrewing the bolts holding it down, you then removed the metal faceplate in front of the drive right? :unsure:

Yes. Otherwise one could not have access to slide the door/panel along...

there was a black 'button' that you could slide - once this button was moved you could get to a eject button hidden behind it The eject button wasn't very big and didn't move much when pressed, but there was a definate 'click' when it was pressed. Then, after a few seconds, the disc would eject. This would only work if the SatNav system was actually powered up.

Thanks - the first "button" you talk about is what I call the sliding door/panel. I didn't see any button behind it - but there could have been one. I'm now far from the car, but as soon as I can, I will look for any tiny button behind the sliding panel and report back.

F****g Lexus!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links