Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

have a look at this site www.directcars.co.uk

there selling a 07 plate 220d for £9995 and 08 plates for £12,499 these are not even a year old.they even have a 06 sport for 12k

250 arnt that much more

the sales guy at my local dealer told me about this place and hasnt a clue how they are selling them at this price and they have around 30 parked up,

i went past today on my way into work it looks like a lexus forecourt, there are even more round the back waiting to be put on the forecourt when theres space,

no doubt lexus sheffield wont be to happy, i cant believe how cheap they are and there not even a year old they must have got one hell of a good deal to be making a profit and selling them at just over 12k

Generally I find Lexus Sheffield cars to be more expensive than other dealers anyway. A car I'm currently looking at is £3000 more expensive at Sheffield than the equivalent car at another lexus dealer.

Direct Cars has a good reputation - I know loads of people that have bought cars from their and none of them have had any problems.

heard from a friend of a freind so may not be 100% that they are from lexus gb the cars that there staff use then they try to sell onto lexus dealers via closed auctions,

the lexus dealers dont want them as they are fully stocked as they arnt moving any cars hence what looks like a vip closed event to current lexus owners nationwide to try and move some stock

heard from a friend of a freind so may not be 100% that they are from lexus gb the cars that there staff use then they try to sell onto lexus dealers via closed auctions,

the lexus dealers dont want them as they are fully stocked as they arnt moving any cars hence what looks like a vip closed event to current lexus owners nationwide to try and move some stock

That sounds about right Simon. The one that we have is leased from new late last year at a competitive price. I have since seen 2009 SE models for even less at £1500 down and £250 a month. There's just too many cars available, hence the cheap prices.

Hi.

I have just bought a 2005 MK3 GS from Direct Cars.

My Mrs bought an A class there last year and the buying experience is a good one.

There isn't much of a deal to be done on the screen price but they are keenly priced cars. I picked up a 1 owner, FLSH, 22,000 mile GS300 SE for under £15k. At the time of looking this was the best deal in the country!

They do have quite a few IS's in stock. There is a very nice black 250 auto for sale there!

I think that Direct Cars have sourced a lot of these cars at auction, mine was as it says Manheim on the number plate, a bit of a give away.

My question was, why would Lexus not try to sell these cars on their forecourt or do they have too many to shift at the moment?

Hi.

My Mrs bought an A class there last year and the buying experience is a good one.

There isn't much of a deal to be done on the screen price but they are keenly priced cars. I picked up a 1 owner, FLSH, 22,000 mile GS300 SE for under £15k. At the time of looking this was the best deal in the country!

They do have quite a few IS's in stock. There is a very nice black 250 auto for sale there!

I think that Direct Cars have sourced a lot of these cars at auction, mine was as it says Manheim on the number plate, a bit of a give away.

My question was, why would Lexus not try to sell these cars on their forecourt or do they have too many to shift at the moment?

They can't sell them, and won't sell them at the dealerships for less than a certain price, else the bottom will fall out of the dealerships!! Someones gotta pay for them sw4anky showrooms...and expenive B&O TV's and Coffeee......

Don't think I would ever go to a main dealer to buy a nearly new car ever again...

The winners are those with PCP's....

BMW are sort of similar - they have 3 typs of cars they can sell fromm my experience:

1 - Forecourt (PEX's, cars bought in, demo's)

2 - Dealership network (from Franchise group (cars from 1 above from other dealers in group))

3 - BMW "management" cars

3 above is where mine cam from - not available for any old dealership - only the largest ones. These are not cars which are Demo's, but are driven by BMW managers at HQ's etc and there are only a few dozen available and the reg numbers starts with a "Y"...

Seems to me the Lexus ones on this post are like 3 above...

3 above is where mine cam from - not available for any old dealership - only the largest ones. These are not cars which are Demo's, but are driven by BMW managers at HQ's etc and there are only a few dozen available and the reg numbers starts with a "Y"...

Is that the same as when you find Lexus cars then at London dealers that have license plates starting GU (which are clearly not from London and more likely from Lexus GB) or are they just because they were perhaps under Lexus finance or something?

Cars from Lexus GB have registration numbers starting with 'G' as that is the letter assigned to the local DVLA office for that area. You will see that they also have'Lexus GB' written on the bottom of the number plate, instead of the dealer name.

If you ever go on a Lexus Open Road event, you should see that most of the cars have this kind of plate.

Hi.

They can't sell them, and won't sell them at the dealerships for less than a certain price, else the bottom will fall out of the dealerships!! Someones gotta pay for them sw4anky showrooms...and expenive B&O TV's and Coffeee......

Don't think I would ever go to a main dealer to buy a nearly new car ever again...

The winners are those with PCP's....

BMW are sort of similar - they have 3 typs of cars they can sell fromm my experience:

1 - Forecourt (PEX's, cars bought in, demo's)

2 - Dealership network (from Franchise group (cars from 1 above from other dealers in group))

3 - BMW "management" cars

IMHO people are turned off by s****y dealerships in the same way that people are turned off any s****y retail outlet. Some marketing men do think that Joe/Jill Public is stupid. The most pleasing buying experience I ever had was with a very small Opel dealership which had space for 2-3 new cars and a garage for servicing/repairs. No sales staff, no receptionist, no coffee machine, no sofas, just an office with hard chairs and the bloke who OWNED the business. No only did he give me a fault free car but it was the best deal around. That's all most people want.

There is a small garage in Bruntingthorpe (leicestershire) - called GD Marketing. They are a family run car sales place who have lots of cars from Lease companies, fleets and Motability.

Cars are all cheap, up to 3 years old, full service history and they treat you like royalty.

I bought 7 cars (mainly toyota's and Honda's) from then in over 12 years, and every car was almost perfect, even though a few had over 60,000 on the clock!

Is that the same as when you find Lexus cars then at London dealers that have license plates starting GU (which are clearly not from London and more likely from Lexus GB) or are they just because they were perhaps under Lexus finance or something?

yep my previous se-l was gu56..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links