Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Air Con Fan Noise, But No Air?

Putting on the Aircon to get some heat, I can HEAR the fan roaring away; but no air expelling from the vents (YES! they are on!!) Can feel the heat, but no 'rush'. Works OK when 'Screen' button pushed.

Fuse somewhere, maybe?

Was just trundling home after the United-Everton game in the pub.........

Putting on the Aircon to get some heat, I can HEAR the fan roaring away; but no air expelling from the vents (YES! they are on!!) Can feel the heat, but no 'rush'. Works OK when 'Screen' button pushed.

Fuse somewhere, maybe?

just a guess but maybe pollen filter might be blocked

Fuse somewhere, maybe?

just a guess but maybe pollen filter might be blocked

Good thinking Batboy! Will give it a look....when it gets warmer!

• 2 weeks later...

Or why not buy a genuine Lexus one ? it works out cheap i think. The puravent price is £23.20 + £1.50 postage = £24.70

Last summer i replaced my cabin filter on my mk4, same as Chris' car which i bought from lexus dealer. With my gold member discount the price was £19.49 inc VAT.

The Puravent one is actually upgraded with the addition of carbon - I'm going to try one next year to see if there's much difference to the OEM one I just bought.

So, that's a ....Carbon footprint then?

Thanks for the help guys!

Gold Member discount route perhaps, now I'm a non-person (i.e, retired!) :whistling:

I took mine out just after I bought the car and it was filthy so I washed it in soapy water and put it back.

A few months ago I had the return of the smelly aircon and once again went to remove the filter and found two in there, the clean one I had washed previously and then another one in the same compartment which hadn't been touched as I was unaware there were two.

Any way washed them both,rinced,dried,sprayed with Fabreeze and refitted.

One day when I have paid off the mortgage I will buy new ones!

Any one know where the pollen filter is on a 93 1st gen?????

Look under the passenger side dash/glovebox there is a large panel pull it off taking care not to rip the footwell light out of the panel.

Look underneath and you will see a black plastic box with 2 wingnuts.

Remove wingnuts then remove bottom of filter box.

Remove filter(s) noting which way they fit.

As I said earlier mine has 2 filters in so after removing the 1st one check for another in the same box.

Haynes manual quote " reassembly is the reverse of the above proceedure"

Yes Mister Skellington, but did changing the filter fix the problem ?

No, not yet! But I might try the washing it trick first -it is quite dirty! - plus look to see if there are TWO, as I only dug out one! (And no fridge! :whistling: )

If it's NOT the filter(s?) then.....?

Presume there's a motorised flap somewhere, regulating air flow etc?.

To be revealed in time.

I'm busy selling -I hope!!- a set of speakers today :crybaby:

Yes Mister Skellington, but did changing the filter fix the problem ?

No, not yet! But I might try the washing it trick first -it is quite dirty! - plus look to see if there are TWO, as I only dug out one! (And no fridge! :whistling: )

If it's NOT the filter(s?) then.....?

Presume there's a motorised flap somewhere, regulating air flow etc?.

To be revealed in time.

I'm busy selling -I hope!!- a set of speakers today :crybaby:

You're selling speakers don't tell Wozza!

Chris if you're busy simply remove the filter(s) and sent it to me.I will then wash the filter in my special soap solution ( Fairy liquid) rinse it in my special solution ( water) and then dry it using my special dryer ( radiator in the kitchen)

All this service plus return postage for £20.00! bargain :whistling:

Chris if you're busy simply remove the filter(s) and sent it to me.I will then wash the filter in my special soap solution ( Fairy liquid) rinse it in my special solution ( water) and then dry it using my special dryer ( radiator in the kitchen)

What about VAT ?

What about VAT ?

There's no VAT on the filter cleaning as the dirt on the filter is eaten by the bacteria in the air con system therefore the filter is classed as a "food item" and there is zero VAT on food :D

Sorry, but if it has more than 33% sugar content, it WILL incur VAT! (I ran a cafe for 28 years, remember!)

Thanks for the humour - AND reminder. Just watched Swansea almost beat Fulham, so will dig it out shortly and give it a go.

Sorry, Steve2006, but you need to be using an ecological wash-up liquid these days!

Anyway, hope you don't need the money?

Wozza is welcome to listen to the speakers. Have TWO sets. One worth as much as a LS430; the other worth as much as LS Ser 2!(the pic)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links