Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Where Can I Get Bonnet Struts From?

Just been through my PMs over there and it was 2004 I bought these, jeeez time really does fly when you get old!

Anyway, back then shipping was $18 to the UK - no idea what it will be now but you could get a GB together and I'm sure he'd sort you all out :)

Alternatively, if Dave has stock left of these he may do a deal anyways?

i was looking into this a while back..

the struts are very cheap.. just need the brackets made.. Aztex was looking into this but was waiting for other members to send him some templates??

i was looking into this a while back..

the struts are very cheap.. just need the brackets made.. Aztec was looking into this but was waiting for other members to send him some templates??

got the templates matey, but now i'm not at work i cant get them cut, which is a shame as they would of been cut out of armour plate so would have been very good? :crybaby:

the struts are very cheap.. just need the brackets made.. Aztex was looking into this but was waiting for other members to send him some templates??

Yeah but the trouble is you need to make sure the brackets are strong enough, won't end up warping over time, won't rust etc.

If I was doing a Group Buy for bonnet struts I'd feel *much* happier using some tried-and-tested brackets, even if it cost slightly more.

It might be possible to source some struts separately, and then arrange to buy the brackets from the guy that makes them up.

He did used to list the brackets on their own mate but I notice he's dropped it from the site - I've dropped him a PM over on my.is so I'll forward you the reply as I've also just asked about something else I'm after :D

He did used to list the brackets on their own mate but I notice he's dropped it from the site - I've dropped him a PM over on my.is so I'll forward you the reply as I've also just asked about something else I'm after :D

Cheers :)

I've also emailed Dave Ellen about a Group Buy price from Prolex.

Nice one mate :)

If he's got any in stock I'd grab em as the way the pound has fallen on it's arse has shot the price of these up when you take duty and shipping into account!

I looked at buying a black chrome emblem the other day for mine, wanted $50 for it but when he asked for shipping they quoted him $70 on top :o

Craziness indeed!

I have details of suitable struts, and the pressure I have mine set to, I will dig out the info and post it up,

also including stroke & damper length and pressure etc. I drew around the brackets & gave Rabster the

template. Is that the template you have Chris ? (may well have the strut details written on it)

Purely for simplicity (& possibly for cost) it may be worth contacting that fella from the USA as his brackets

are exactly the same as those fitted to my car....

PassengerStrut1.jpg

DriverStrut5.jpg

I must admit they are a great mod :)

I like the idea of UK-sourced struts combined with the "proper" brackets, if that's going to work out cheaper (assuming he won't charge enough for the brackets on their own to mean that we might as well get the struts from him too).

If it's just one person doing it, then I can see the sense of trying to get brackets made up locally. But for a Group Buy where we want them to be top-quality items, easy to fit, etc, then I do much prefer the idea of the tried-and-tested brackets.

I like the idea of UK-sourced struts combined with the "proper" brackets, if that's going to work out cheaper (assuming he won't charge enough for the brackets on their own to mean that we might as well get the struts from him too).

If it's just one person doing it, then I can see the sense of trying to get brackets made up locally. But for a Group Buy where we want them to be top-quality items, easy to fit, etc, then I do much prefer the idea of the tried-and-tested brackets.

what about the bloke whos making the a/c rings to make the barckets(nice shiney ones) :whistling:

as the title say's am after a set of bonnet struts,but not after the price you pay for a set on a website cough cough.anybody got a set for less than 107 pound???

You have pm mate :winky:

as the title say's am after a set of bonnet struts,but not after the price you pay for a set on a website cough cough.anybody got a set for less than 107 pound???

You have pm mate :winky:

don't have one if that was ment for me bud got your one from the other day

Just sent it now!lol

id be intrested in joining a group buy for these!!

just out of intrest woz, what is the length of the strut? if there isnt going to be a group buy i might try and source a set and get the brackets made at work. if it all works out well, i will have a load more made and sort you guys out!!

id be intrested in joining a group buy for these!!

just out of intrest woz, what is the length of the strut? if there isnt going to be a group buy i might try and source a set and get the brackets made at work. if it all works out well, i will have a load more made and sort you guys out!!

That sounds like a good option and might save the members on here some ££££££££.

It cant be hard to copy the brackets if we had one to copy :winky: :winky:

I could also make them up, that is if I'm ever in the workshop and not away from home working !!!

But would also be interested in the group buy if the price was right :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links