Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

For The Record

Rory

HERE ARE THE FACTS, YOU ARE FREE TO JUDGE ME HOWEVER YOU LIKE NOW, BUT ITS ONLY FAIR YOU HAVE THE FACTS FIRST

Wheels came up on eBay cheap around summer last year, I brought the listings to the attention of LOC members as they seemed too good to be true, so I could find out how genuine the seller was, one or 2 members took up this offer, and I did too, I bought 2 sets, one silver and one grey, to see which looked better

I stated I would also buy more sets if available and that my intention was to make money selling them on

I put my silver set on the car and sold my old 5-spoke wheels which I did place on here for members, at a reasonable price compared to similar listings on eBay for 5-spoke wheels at the time, a couple of members said my price was too high, based on someone else getting a set in similar condition for £40, a bargain is a bargain!

Another member posted, on my LOC ad for the 5 spoke rims, the eBay link to the items I was selling on eBay

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...st&p=582579

My 5-spokes sold on eBay for close to my original asking price, the buyer was happy with them

I bought 2 more sets of 11-spoke alloys in the meantime and listed all 3 remaining sets on eBay at a price well above £200 each

AT NO POINT DID I OFFER THESE 11 SPOKE alloys TO LOC MEMBERS AT AN INFLATED PRICE

please feel free to ask any questions relating to my buying and selling of wheels and i'll answer them

i dont know whats happened in the past so i am in no why justifying any one elses actions but it strikes me as a little harsh that if i find a dirt cheap bargain and i buy it to relist on eBay at a higher price (still cheaper than normal) and someone on here wants it, i am unable to tell them?

thats exactly it phil

I never ever bought anything to make money from LOC members and yet since last summer I was given a reputation by a few members as a rip off merchant, when its not the case at all, so the purpose of this thread was to make myself clear

HERE ARE THE FACTS, YOU ARE FREE TO JUDGE ME HOWEVER YOU LIKE NOW, BUT ITS ONLY FAIR YOU HAVE THE FACTS FIRST

Wheels came up on ebay cheap around summer last year, I brought the listings to the attention of LOC members as they seemed too good to be true, so I could find out how genuine the seller was, one or 2 members took up this offer, and I did too, I bought 2 sets, one silver and one grey, to see which looked better

I stated I would also buy more sets if available and that my intention was to make money selling them on

I put my silver set on the car and sold my old 5-spoke wheels which I did place on here for members, at a reasonable price compared to similar listings on ebay for 5-spoke wheels at the time, a couple of members said my price was too high, based on someone else getting a set in similar condition for £40, a bargain is a bargain!

Another member posted, on my LOC ad for the 5 spoke rims, the ebay link to the items I was selling on ebay

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...st&p=582579

My 5-spokes sold on ebay for close to my original asking price, the buyer was happy with them

I bought 2 more sets of 11-spoke alloys in the meantime and listed all 3 remaining sets on ebay at a price well above £200 each

AT NO POINT DID I OFFER THESE 11 SPOKE ALLOYS TO LOC MEMBERS AT AN INFLATED PRICE

please feel free to ask any questions relating to my buying and selling of wheels and i'll answer them

Please look at post 19 on your link on the other topic, you offered the alloys to loc members at inflated price

i dont know whats happened in the past so i am in no why justifying any one elses actions but it strikes me as a little harsh that if i find a dirt cheap bargain and i buy it to relist on ebay at a higher price (still cheaper than normal) and someone on here wants it, i am unable to tell them?

the issue is the advertising of it on here..

that could be considered trading IMO.

thats exactly it phil

I never ever bought anything to make money from LOC members and yet since last summer I was given a reputation by a few members as a rip off merchant, when its not the case at all, so the purpose of this thread was to make myself clear

Looking at you 1st post, that exactly what you intention was :D

Gord i'm not getting your point, the wheels i offered were my 5-spoke ones, not the 11-spoke ones off eBay

I offered my 5-spoke ones at the going rate of other 5-spoke ones on eBay, nothing to do with 11-spoke ones I bought cheap

I sold my 5-spokes for about half what I paid for them originally

i dont know whats happened in the past so i am in no why justifying any one elses actions but it strikes me as a little harsh that if i find a dirt cheap bargain and i buy it to relist on ebay at a higher price (still cheaper than normal) and someone on here wants it, i am unable to tell them?

i wouldnt call it trading, u would need a trade licence for that, i would just call it common sense. Everybody has access to eBay to find the bargains, if i brought wheels for £1 and relisted them on eBay at £100 but the RRP was £200 i would certainly tell people on here about the listing, if somebody really wants those wheels and were prepared to pay £200 for them then we both make a tidy £100. Nobody does anything for free.

if thats the ruling IMO its ridiculous, nobdy forced anyone to buy anything, and if anyone did they were surely happy with the price they paid at the time.

Gord i'm not getting your point, the wheels i offered were my 5-spoke ones, not the 11-spoke ones off ebay

I offered my 5-spoke ones at the going rate of other 5-spoke ones on ebay, nothing to do with 11-spoke ones I bought cheap

I sold my 5-spokes for about half what I paid for them originally

Read the 1st part of your post, where you saying you got 2 new sets, now why did you say that :question:

i wouldnt call it trading, u would need a trade licence for that, i would just call it common sense. Everybody has access to eBay to find the bargains, if i brought wheels for £1 and relisted them on eBay at £100 but the RRP was £200 i would certainly tell people on here about the listing, if somebody really wants those wheels and were prepared to pay £200 for them then we both make a tidy £100. Nobody does anything for free.

if thats the ruling IMO its ridiculous, nobdy forced anyone to buy anything, and if anyone did they were surely happy with the price they paid at the time.

Phil, in another post you post the other day, you post something about fitting virgin box with 50 extra channels or something like that, was you going to do that for free ?

Ah I see what makes me such a bad person now

I sold my old 5-spoke wheels (that I bought for nearly £300 shortly after buying the car in 2007) for somwhere in the region of £140

but because I bought new wheels unbelievably cheap, i'm somehow obliged to offer my old wheels cheaper still but I didn't do this, I offered them at a similar price to what other 5-spoke rims were selling for at the time on eBay

so by inflated price u mean I offered them at a cost greater than what the replacement wheels cost

so to refresh on the facts:

I BOUGHT WHEELS CHEAP, I SOLD DIFFERENT WHEELS FOR MORE WHICH INCLUSIVE OF P&P I MAY NOT HAVE MADE ANYTHING EXTRA ANYWAY

I BOUGHT 11-SPOKE alloys ON eBay AND SOLD THEM FOR MORE THAN DOUBLE ON eBay, WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOC

I NEVER OFFERED ANY PRODUCT FOR SALE ON LOC AT AN INFLATED PRICE COMPARED TO WHAT I PAID FOR THE SAME PRODUCT

I sold my old 5-spoke wheels (that I bought for nearly £300 shortly after buying the car in 2007) for somwhere in the region of £140

but because I bought new wheels unbelievably cheap, i'm somehow obliged to offer my old wheels cheaper still but I didn't do this, I offered them at a similar price to what other 5-spoke rims were selling for at the time on ebay

so by inflated price u mean I offered them at a cost greater than what the replacement wheels cost

I BOUGHT WHEELS CHEAP, I SOLD DIFFERENT WHEELS FOR MORE WHICH INCLUSIVE OF P&P I MAY HAVE BEEN ABOUT THE SAME

I BOUGHT 11-SPOKE ALLOYS ON EBAY AND SOLD THEM FOR MORE THAN DOUBLE ON EBAY, WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOC

I NEVER OFFERED ANY PRODUCT FOR SALE ON LOC AT AN INFLATED PRICE COMPARED TO WHAT I PAID FOR THE SAME PRODUCT

Please look at the post i made (26) on you link........you seemed to get it then :whistling:

so lets get this right if i was bidding on the same item as you and i won it for say £40 and then i resold it on here for £200 would you be upset??

i certainly wouldnt be...

Trading as defined on a forum is a bit deiifernet to the commercial sense of trading.

The Buy and Sell part if the forum is for sale of your own personal items. If you buy something just to resell on here at an inflated profit and you are not listed as a trader then interpret this as breaking the T's& C's and to be honest its just plain out of order..

what your saying os that theoretically, i could advetise, lets say various new Car amplifiers, for sale in the buy and sell and not have to pay tradng fees??

the whole pupose of the club is that we are honest and sell with integrity. And as was discussed at the last midlands meet (me/geoffers/Gord and others), why we shouldnt need the same trader rating system as my:is

I'm confused by this thread, I remember the one about the exhaust which wasn't fair at all, but this one with the wheels, what exactly is going on?

I can't see the issue with selling the 5 spokes for £140, sounds like a reasonable price (I need to put mine up for sale at some point and would prob ask a little more for them as they have good tyres etc. but technically I got them for free when I bought the car!)

I'm not sure what happened with these 11 spokes, but if genuinely bought both sets to see which colour was best (and not starting a wheel selling business) and then sold on the other set, then as long as the price asked wasn't ridiculous then I can't see the harm in it. As long as it was still cheaper than buying a set off eBay then everybody still wins? :unsure:

Going through all the posts and threads I cant see whats gone wrong here,

Rory was selling his 5 spoke alloys on LOC not the 7 spokes, he bought the 7 spokes from eBay and relisted them on eBay at a higher price, he never according to the links provided in this thread, offered the 7 spokes to anyone on here on LOC, at any price, reduced or not,

but because I bought new wheels unbelievably cheap, i'm somehow obliged to offer my old wheels cheaper still but I didn't do this, I offered them at a similar price to what other 5-spoke rims were selling for at the time on ebay

I BOUGHT WHEELS CHEAP, I SOLD DIFFERENT WHEELS FOR MORE WHICH INCLUSIVE OF P&P I MAY HAVE BEEN ABOUT THE SAME

I BOUGHT 11-SPOKE ALLOYS ON EBAY AND SOLD THEM FOR MORE THAN DOUBLE ON EBAY, WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOC

Please look at the post i made (26) on you link........you seemed to get it then :whistling:

I stand by everything i've said on here

so lets get this right if i was bidding on the same item as you and i won it for say £40 and then i resold it on here for £200 would you be upset??

i certainly wouldnt be...

Trading as defined on a forum is a bit deiifernet to the commercial sense of trading.

The Buy and Sell part if the forum is for sale of your own personal items. If you buy something just to resell on here at an inflated profit and you are not listed as a trader then interpret this as breaking the T's& C's and to be honest its just plain out of order..

what your saying os that theoretically, i could advetise, lets say various new Car amplifiers, for sale in the buy and sell and not have to pay tradng fees??

the whole pupose of the club is that we are honest and sell with integrity. And as was discussed at the last midlands meet (me/geoffers/Gord and others), why we shouldnt need the same trader rating system as my:is

no i wouldnt be upset, id simply think fair play you got to it first. So in future what your basically saying is that if i have a bargain to offer guys on the LOC but make a profit out if it also i should keep it to myself? as long as i know its all good

Taking a slightly different tack, the 11-spoke alloys being sold by the guy on eBay were undoubtedly at a bargain price. I bought a set, unsure whether I'd fit them or not, and then later sold them on via LOC at the same price I'd paid for them.

I would have felt uncomfortable personally snapping up more than one set on eBay to make a profit on, because I (again, personally) would have felt I was potentially depriving other LOC members of a bargain.

Not trying to dictate what everyone should or shouldn't do, but profitting on items which have been pointed out to LOC members doesn't feel in the spirit of the club to me. Others may of course disagree.

Just my own thoughts.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links