Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Security Upgrade

Hi Everyone,

I am looking toi upgrade the security on the Celsior and I have been looking at these 2 models

Avital Maxx1 ( 150325236258) and Scorpian/Toad ProTo ( 180328040304)

They are both on eBay and are DIY fit.

Any suggestions as to which

Cheers,

Steve

Looking at them Steve i'd go for the Avital system due to it having the immobiliser as part of the system, the 2nd one requires the immobiliser add on by the look of it? So the Avital system would be a better system as its built in and no more money required to update :)

They both state Thatcham approved? but they are only thatcham approved if fitted by an authorised installer from what i remember? (dont quote me on that bit :) ) As the paperwork requires the installers stamp to qualify? :)

avital is also a brand of directed who make cliffiord..

very good alarms but it will nee dto be fitted by a authorised installer as aztec mentioned or you wont get the thathcam approved bit..

you will find that they all share the same parts too!!

Cheers Guys,

I am OK with electrics/electronics so will DIY but can I take it to an authorised dealer when it's fitted and get it certified?

I thought this one was better as it has the auto close windows as well, one thing I noticed was on my old Rover 820 it had "lazy locking" so you kept the remote button pressed and the windows all closed as well.

The times I have forgot to close the LS window and had to put the key back in the ignition!

The Tezza is fitted with a TOAD Thatcham CAT1 (alarm and immobiliser).

I don't know the model or who fitted it. I just tell the insurer that it was installed when I bought the car and I have not had a problem, so far, in having them accept a declaration.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links