Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Towbar For Ls400, Yaer 2000?

Hello!

I´m just bought a LS400, 2000. Have one big problem now:

I just realized that its not easy to find a towbar?!?

Even Lexus Finland couldnt help!

If anyone knows were to buy (Europe) a towbar that fits this model; please let me know.

Hi

Theres 1 on eBay UK at the moment

Thanks

Benfur

Hello the one on eBay wont fit its for a mark 2, You can get one from tow equipe, or tow trust, they are made by watling tow bars in St Albans they state for a mark 3 but fit a mark 4 also. I have just fitted one. go through tow equipe as it is cheaper than going to watling direct ( mad but true )

give yourself a full day to fit it, & you will need an extra pair of hands at times.

Hello the one on ebay wont fit its for a mark 2, You can get one from tow equipe, or tow trust, they are made by watling tow bars in St Albans they state for a mark 3 but fit a mark 4 also. I have just fitted one. go through tow equipe as it is cheaper than going to watling direct ( mad but true )

give yourself a full day to fit it, & you will need an extra pair of hands at times.

Thanks ManicMark!

Is it a mark 4 I have? (1998-2000)

You installed a mark 3 on your mark 4 LS400?

Hello the one on ebay wont fit its for a mark 2, You can get one from tow equipe, or tow trust, they are made by watling tow bars in St Albans they state for a mark 3 but fit a mark 4 also. I have just fitted one. go through tow equipe as it is cheaper than going to watling direct ( mad but true )

Thanks ManicMark!

Is it a mark 4 I have? (1998-2000)

You installed a mark 3 on your mark 4 LS400?

Mine is a 98 -2000 mark 4 with sat nav a mark 3 95 to end 97 tow bar fits,they dont do one for a mark 4 ( something to do with new regulations in 1998) the chasis & floorpan are the same on a mark 3 & mark4.

Thanks! Now I got it.

I have a mechanic who has asked for towbars around Europe, but they told him in England (Towequipe?)

that they do not ship internationally?!? So the only way for me to get one is to travel there or have a friend (which I don´t have)

who lives there to order it for me and post it further. Quite strange...

Thanks! Now I got it.

I have a mechanic who has asked for towbars around Europe, but they told him in England (Towequipe?)

that they do not ship internationally?!? So the only way for me to get one is to travel there or have a friend (which I don´t have)

Try going to Watling Direct their phone number is 01727 873661

Isnt it 2 coolers one for the motor & one for the gearbox oil + the aditional electric fan for the radiator,

& not forgeting the most important fan , the one the salesman at Lexus is wafting over your brow when you come round on the floor after passing out, After youve been landed with a £4000 bill for that little lot .

Dont get our new Finnish member in a panic,unless he is planing on towing a twin axel gipsy caravan up mountains in 40oC heat, & then he could always keep an eye on the temp gauge.

Isnt it 2 coolers one for the motor & one for the gearbox oil + the aditional electric fan for the radiator,

& not forgeting the most important fan , the one the salesman at Lexus is wafting over your brow when you come round on the floor after passing out, After youve been landed with a £4000 bill for that little lot .

Dont get our new Finnish member in a panic,unless he is planing on towing a twin axel gipsy caravan up mountains in 40oC heat, & then he could always keep an eye on the temp gauge.

Yep! But previous owner paid THAT bill!!

Thanks! Now I got it.

Hi,

We are all your friends here on the LOC.

I even had a look at the shipping cost from the UK to Finland for a 25KG parcel and it's around £100.00 GBP! so it would cost a lot of money to ship.

I would be cheaper to fly to London from Helsinki on Easyjet for around 100 euro return buy one here in the UK and then take it back home.

Thanks! Now I got it.

If you get really stuck & they wont send it direct to you. you can have it sent to me then you can arange a courier company to collect it from me, You will have to trust that I don't want 2 tow bars on my ls 400 though

Thank you all for the support!

I´ll wait for the answer from a Lexus owner here in Finland. He has a garage and a towbar on his -98 LS400. But it´s not easy.

No! I will not tow any gipsy caravan.

By the way; I bought the LS via internet from Goteborg/Sweden although I had never been inside a Lexus before. The car is even better than I expected. Cant believe how smooth and silent the ride is.

Had a S mercedes before. And there is a Jaguar XJ in the garage also for comparison. The LS provides by far the best ride of these. Jaguar is close in softness.

Thinking of changing my wheels from stock 16´to 17´. Will that effect on the soft ride?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links