Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

501/t10 Bulbs

Andy-R

I'm not sure if these will work well for the number plate, because I seem to remember (though could be wrong) that the bulbs point sideways and now downwards in those bulb-holders. So the light from the LED needs to be coming out of the side, and it won't be in those LEDs (the eBay ones originally linked in this thread), the light shines straight out of the end and virtually nothing to the side.

It'll be interesting to hear feedback on them though.

oh really?? can anyone confirm the orientation of the number plate bulb in relation to light output?? If what stevie's saying is correct then i guess these will be no good....

well they've been despatched now so will give everyone a little review once I've fitted them.

yea, mine have been sent out too so hopefully get them tomorrow??

I'm not sure if these will work well for the number plate, because I seem to remember (though could be wrong) that the bulbs point sideways and not downwards in those bulb-holders. So the light from the LED needs to be coming out of the side, and it won't be in those LEDs (the eBay ones originally linked in this thread), the light shines straight out of the end and virtually nothing to the side.

oh really?? can anyone confirm the orientation of the number plate bulb in relation to light output?? If what stevie's saying is correct then i guess these will be no good....

I just corrected a typo (highlighted) in my posting that you've quoted (it's me that made a mistake in my original response, which I've now corrected).

What year is your IS200 ? I have a feeling that something changed to do with the number plate bulbs at some point, although maybe the direction that they point wasn't affected :unsure:

gutted i have just bought a set literally 10 seconds b4 i opened LOC up

£4.49 i paid. gutted. haha not.

ill wait and see what the reviews are for these and get sum for the door cards on my accord. and get some wideangled ones for the number plate

I checked my number plate bulbs (LEDs), and on my 1999 model they point in a slightly strange direction, sort of at a 45 degree angle outwards. So I still am not sure that the originally posted bulbs are going to work too well due to the light coming straight out of those and not to the sides (unlike the inverted LEDs which product light to the sides).

cheers matey - will have a go anyhow. can the bulb holder be bent slightly to make it point down more??

Good question, but sorry, I can't remember what it looks like inside. On mine, the bulb points towards a ridged bit of the lens, which might help diffuse the light a bit. I guess you can try it and see. Trouble is it's quite a fiddly job, so I suggest not installing it all back in fully until you've tested it out to see if you like the end result, in case you decide to swap it back again or try something different.

Just stuck these in the Aristo and that's at a 45 degree angle too - will see what they're like but reckon I'll swap em back over to the normal bulbs or inverted :)

I've got some blue PIAA ones hiding away somewhere but I'd be getting pulled instantly for them - got away with them great on the IS as the HIDs masked them but I'd be getting my pants pulled down with those in the Aristo :lol:

To be fair for LEDs these do seem really bright, I might have a quick wander to Halfords to swap them out though.

Well stone me I just went and had a nosey at how these looked and to be honest I was happy with them - thing is I already ordered another type which are popular in the USA so I'll compare them but these look nice colourwise in the numberplate surround on mine!

Well the LEDs passed the police test a few times last night, didn't get any trouble for having them in, but my alternatives have turned up today so I'm going to try them and see how they look in the dark :D

Well the LEDs passed the police test a few times last night, didn't get any trouble for having them in, but my alternatives have turned up today so I'm going to try them and see how they look in the dark :D

why would u get done for them mate - they are the white one's aren't they?? should be ok by all accounts fella.

fitted one set to the sidelights and the fit isn't the best, but if you bend the connecting wire slightly they're absoloutly bang on!! light intensity and output is great - especially for the price!!

was going to try the number plate bulbs, but looked at the walktrough and thought better of it for the time being - just couldn't be arsed with stripping it all down!! why's it gotta be so much of a PITA?! :lol:

why would u get done for them mate - they are the white one's aren't they?? should be ok by all accounts fella.

I just assumed they could pull you if the plate isn't lit up enough - some of the US guys said they'd been done for using LEDs as the numberplate bulbs.

The bulbs I've got in there now seem a bit brighter, they're the Polarg M4s which the guys use in the States :)

Mine arrived the other day and I fitted them then as well. For the price they aint too bad I think and brightness wise in daylight I thought they were ok but they have a very focussed light. Due to the sidelights being high up in the lamp on the IS200 I've noticed that they arent as visable as they were in my civic so therefore the total effect is reduced quite a bit I think. I havent checked the lights in the dark yet but judging on their brightness in daylight I thought they werent bad but next time I'll look for ones with a wider spread of light I think as I think the SMD led's just arent for me.

overall....not bad at all for 99p lol

I think its time for another review....after seeing mine at night I think they're actually really good for the money. At night the light doesnt seem as focused as it reflects quite a bit off the lens but they look very blue I think at night compared to previous led's I've tried. Overall I'm still happy with the purchase and I think I might buy some more.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links