Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus - Poor Quality & Bad Customer Service

Without Prejudice ( things not concluded ).

Here is a brief resume of the story so far ....

Despite what all the surveys say I have found Lexus Quality and Customer Service EXTREMELY BAD.

Briefly I purchased a new Lexus in March, from Lexus Worcester, there were faults identified by me at delivery and shortly after. I agreed to take the car subject to the faults being rectified. If I noticed them why didn't Lexus Worcester?

After the dealership had the car back for a total of 12 days I rejected the car ( verbally and in writing ) and asked for a full refund as the car had not been fixed in a reasonable time ). The dealership would not accept rejection and continued to try to fix the faults.

They fitted two new wheels, two new front bumpers ( first had scratches and defective paint ) and a new complete dashboard. After they had had the car for 20 days ( two visits ) I went to inspect the car and there were still faults to one wheel, to the dashboard and to the bumper. Not sure why they don't inspect new parts for quality before they fit them.

I have now left the car at Lexus Worcester ( as of 2nd May ), as if I take it back it will be considered that I have accepted it, as it is still REJECTED by me and I was also asked to return the courtesy car as Lexus (GB ) say the car I purchased is now to specification, despite the fact that there are scratches on the new dash and a white "blob", "grit" under the surface on one of the new wheels ( on the rear unlacquered part ) and the front bumper does not fit properly.

I have hired a car to keep myself mobile ( at a further cost to myself ) and I am seeking return of all monies paid and additional costs incurred ( taxi fares & hire car ).

I have before and after pictures of the faults.

All I say is be careful what you buy and where you buy it from - please learn from my misfortune.

The more detailed version of this story has gone to the media for their attention and in hope of a quick resolution.

Blood hell!

I remember your post when you picked your car up. You were so pleased with it!

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had problems. I am really amazed that your dealer is causing you problems. I've owned a whole bunch of different cars and the service from my dealer (Lexus Hadleigh) really is second to none.

My wife and I were talking about getting an estate car in the future. She wants another golden retriever dog! I quite fancied an Audi A4 estate as the Lexus IS200 SportCross just doesn't have the rear space. However, we came to the conclusion that we just wouldn't get the customer service that Lexus offer. Nothing is too much trouble for Lexus Hadleigh. The manager always comes out of his office for a chat when I go in and the staff do whatever is necessary to ensure that I always leave the dealership a happy customer.

When I purchased my 1st IS200 in Sept 2000 (I'm now on my 3rd) from Lexus Hadleigh, it had a rattle from behind the dash. I went through the same sort of hassles as you trying to get it sorted. However, the dealership was always helpful and honest with me. I was always assured that it would be sorted, even if it meant a new car.

In the end they offered to replace the car with a new one. Hence, I swapped it for a new car for £1300. It cost me £1300 as the car was six months old. This was my fault for not taking it to Hadleigh earlier though!

I've been shocked to read how many problems people have been having with dealers lately. Hopefully, this isn't a symptom of things to come for Lexus dealers. Customer service really is something that makes me stick to the brand and I'm pretty sure that I'd change brands if the service went down hill.

I hope you get things resolved. Let us all know how you get on.

Best of luck.

Java mate - you are right I was so pleased when I ordered it and then drove it. It really looked nice, street cred. with my 16 year old on too :)

Trouble is when you get problems like this and think start to get complicated and messy with the dealer it just makes you feel sick. If they had sorted it in a reasonable time ( and properly ) or agreed twjhen they didn't to refund / replace then maybe I would be singing their praises for good customer service. The way it has gone it's rubbing off on Lexus (GB ) as well.

I still remember the Centre Manager saying it would be fixed to his and my satisfaction.

I'll wait to see what happens this week with the media.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

There is no excuse for shoddy workmanship, this is not what you expect from Lexus at all.

Lexus reputation at Worcester will suffer, lots of owners read this forum and will take note of their poor customer service.

I hope you get a successful outcome.

All the best

Came across your post , on the trouble your having ,i know it wont be any consulatation to you ,but you made my mind up were i was to order mine , it will not be Lexus Worcester good luck and keep us posted.

Well independent engineer looked at it this morning and agrees with my thoughts about the state of the repairs.

We asked for a comparison car and went and looked at a nice new Black IS200 Sport with styling kit ..... and guess what .... this was perfect. The wheels were smooth, the front bumper lined up all round and the dash was new and unmarked ( as viewed through the windows ).

What I did notice on the car I purchased was that since last inspection on 1st May they have put somthing on the dash to hide the marks, not sure what it is but it makes the dash look a bit darker and less matt finish. So they have tried to cover the white blob up. :excl:

Also got a letter from Lexus (GB ) today ... saying they have investigated my claims ...inspected vehicle ... and they think repairs are entirely acceptable .... they have spoken to Company Solicitor and ....

1). you have personalised your car by painting the callipers. This is seen as acceptance of the vehicle. :hocus-pokus:

2). the faults with your car were cosmetic and not considered to be a major manufacturing defect :iraqi-info-minister:

.... they are prepared to discuss a gesture of goodwill with me once this has been resolved amicably ...

Well people think twice about modding your car ..... it means you have personalised it and lose your rights in law ...... this means phones, stereos, bulbs, wipers ..... according to one Lexus ( GB ) :question:

Well the gesture of goodwill should be to accept rejection of the car ( personalising is not mentioned in Sale and Supply of Goods nor is the type of defect or cause ) or replace it with a new one and think of customer service ....

What is it they say " A Service Second To None" what exactly does this mean ??

So the story continues. One of the Car Magazines has responded and is interested in taking up the story .... so we will see hwta happens this week ......

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have heard from Lexus Worcester today and they are not prepared to replace car or do anything.

Well I am really hacked off at them now. I can not believe this Customer Service thing.

As an aside I have received a JD Power survey in the post this week - well I have completed it honestly !!!

??? Would you buy a car from Lexus Worcester ????

Steve

Somehow worcester was not on my dealer list for reviews.

So I have added it here for you.

Please copy and paste each visit you made dating the top of each review at the top of your review.

http://lexusownersclub.co.uk/reviews/index.php

Worcester are right at the bottom.... This will then be permanent and not get lost whithin the threads mate. Please let me know when you have done so.

cheers

Steve - will do mate. It will make interesting reading as I have a dairy from the day I ordered the car.

It make take a bit of time 0 but hey I'm outta work again ( IT contracting used to be good :( ) ... so have got time on my hands.

this category will be removed soon as it is not the official reviews section.

Its important that all corespondance is placed within the reviews section.

Note though steve.. the comment you have at the moment of "watch this space" will be removed as it is not a proper review.

cheers!

Dude,

Sounds like they trying to F**k you with no Vasaline!

Glad you went the press. I think your Best Bet is Mike Rutherford as he a mentalist *alegedly* when it comes to people being scr*wed.

He writes for Autocar, Auto Express, The Mirror, and a few others I think. he also presents on Talk Sport (the motorshow - Friday 12-2pm) worth a phone in mate!

Call the dealer and ask them to listen to the show. Write to them in fact after you have written to Mike and squared it with him to let you rant on the show. be sure of you facts and he will not make a monkey out of you.

Go on, my son!

Loz :ph34r:

Steve - just pt the watch this space ..... to see if it works. Will update review section over the weekend.

Loz - you got a number of this show please. I have done a similar thing before on a local show ( some years ago ). With regards to facts - they are right as I have made them as I go along.

All - thanks to support from you guys who have pm'd me off boear and on Gold. It is all appreciated and really helps when I am feeling down.

08704 202020 or e mail them from the website www.talksport.co.uk

Might also be worth raising on Mike Deakins Show (weekdays 10-1) as he is all about controversy and stuff. loves to soc it to the bad dealers.

Loz

Ps. May the Force be with you. In Bradford they have a way of addressing Dealerships they don't like. Lister Park BMW has been burned to the Ground literally, TWICE!

food for thought....

Cheers Loz. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if they will cover it.

Have also emailed the top guys @ Lexus, had one reply already, he's going to investigate and get back to me.

Waiting for a repsonse from a weekly car mag who I have already spoken to and a certain JC on Top Gear as he likes to slag Lexus off.

I think this way I will get a quicker solution than through the courts .... but seeing solicitor this week as well.

**** UPDATE ****

Well just got a phone call ....... they are going to replace the car with a new one of the same spec.

Well - respect to the top Lexus men I emailed Saturday night. This is what I call Customer Service, thanks.

I am not going to look back now, just look forward and ..... ooh ... I can feel that smile coming back ... it's been missing for seven weeks.

During the problems (ongoing) problems which I've had with 2 GS300's, I found that the head office approach was really the way to get things done. After I wrote a letter marked private and confidential to Karl Schlicht, I heard back within 3 days and that particular problem (3 in-accuracies on my warranty card even after I had to take the car back to be re-RAC inspected because the paperwork went missing the first time) was sorted out within a couple of weeks. They also gave me another years (now have 3) warranty in light of this and all the other (well documented) hassel I've had. Sad to say that my car is currently in it's second home (Lexus Bristol), and has been since last wednesday while they try and work out why the air conditioning is not working right.

Anyone want to buy a Lexus with 2.5 years warranty?

I'm getting to the point where I've had enough

Congratulations Steve and well done Lexus, justice at last. Its just a shame that you had to go to the top before common sense prevailed.

At least Lexus GB have agreed customer service is king, unfortunately Lexus Worcester have shown themselves to be below the expectations of customer service that Lexus owners expect and receive from most dealerships.

Shame on you Worcester.

Steve make sure that you enter all the details in the review section for others to see and take note of.

Glad you got it sorted mate - it was a gorgeous car and I know how gutted you must have been. Also, well done to Lexus H.O. for stepping up to the mark where the dealer had so obviously failed.

One thought - I wonder what they're going to do with your old car? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links