Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sport Grille

seolio

I ordered my sport grille today from Lexus Guildford (£41.19+VAT), so should have it on friday. I did read somewhere that there is a guide to the swap (removing/installing) but cant find it? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I haven't even had chance to look at it yet to see how its held on.

Also, the grille matches the bumper vent (directly below the main grille). How can I remove the grill on the bumper vent so I can put some mesh in there?

Thanks in advance.

Nick

I don't think there's a guide to the swap, though I did do a guide to repositioning the horns, which is in the Workshop section here. After you install the grille, the horns become a lot more visible and IMHO look pretty ugly, but it's easy to move them out of the way.

Installing the grille is easy, just slightly fiddly when it comes to getting the bottom of it to engage with the clips in the trim there.

Basically you need to remove two plastic clips on each side (unscrew them about a quarter of a turn then they should pop up, then you pull them out) and a screw in the middle. Then you need to push the bottom of the OEM grille towards the radiator to release it from some clips, then you maneouvre it up and out. Installing the new grille is the reverse of removing the old one.

If you have any problems then I'm only round the corner from you in Camberley, so pop round if you need a hand (PM me).

Sorry but I can't comment on replacing the mesh in the bumper, I've never tried it, but I'm sure someone else will be able to comment. I imagine you'll need to remove the bumper for that part.

Cheers for the help mate. I managed to do it, easier than I thought it would be!

Pics - before and after... I polished the 2 horns up a week or 2 ago, and I think they look quite good behind the new grill tbh in a weird way, lol. I may think about moving them sometime in the near future though.

grill-old1.jpg

grill-old2.jpg

grill-new1.jpg

grill-new2.jpg

• 1 month later...
good job, looks great, not had my Lexus long tho i do intend some mods, will start with the grille me thinks! B)

theirs one on e-bay right now for £37.99 item number 250438459197.

good job, looks great, not had my Lexus long tho i do intend some mods, will start with the grille me thinks! B)

theirs one on e-bay right now for £37.99 item number 250438459197.

popped into Lexus in Glasgow today, was quoted £48. So will check that out, thx.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links