Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Disconnected Battery, Now Won't Start

My wife needed to move my 95 LS400 whilst i was workign the other day so used the spare key with no fob to open the door and took off the brake and rolled it forwards, she then disconnected the Battery to stop the alarm going off, now i can't use the remote fob and it won't start/turn over the dash lights just go dim when you turn the key and nothing engages.

how can i reprogramme the fob?

I've tried 6 mins in position 2 then off then start and it didn't work when i put it in the ACC posistion the alarm sounded after a few mins when i moved my arm, does that mean i have to wait another 6 mins from it sounding again?

thanks

All you need should be here:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...key+programming

Here:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=21124

Here:

http://www.toy-lex.com/programming.html

And Here:

http://www.toy-lex.com/97LS400keyprogramming.html

Unless the programming is different for a 95.

If the dash lights are going dim then that suggests a flat Battery, try charging it before you start programming the key, else you could be there a long time...

i think my problem might be i only have 3 flat keys which don't have space from what i can see for a transponder and only a remote fob, which is probably aftermarket as it says toyota on it not lexus. So i don['t think i have a master key. Probably going to be upgrading my breakdown cover to home start and phoning them up in 2 weeks....

When i say the dash lights go dim i mean as in when the car cuts out various electrical things in order to turn the starter motor without busting lots of other functions with the large drain/surge the starter casues.

thanks again :)

i think my problem might be i only have 3 flat keys which don't have space from what i can see for a transponder and only a remote fob, which is probably aftermarket as it says toyota on it not lexus. So i don['t think i have a master key. Probably going to be upgrading my breakdown cover to home start and phoning them up in 2 weeks....

When i say the dash lights go dim i mean as in when the car cuts out various electrical things in order to turn the starter motor without busting lots of other functions with the large drain/surge the starter casues.

thanks again :)

If the keys have buttons for locking and unlocking the doors then they are transponder keys.

If one or more also has a button for opening the boot then quite possibly that could be a master key.

If you dont have either, then a blank key with a transponder can be bought from E-Bay, just type in Lexus 3 button, you would then need to have the key cut at a place that have a laser cutter, and then just follow the instructions for programming it for the car.

Its an easy job to do, I had to do one when I lost the key for my old LS400.

There are a couple of keys on E-Bay at the moment for auction, if you buy a used key then you would have to buy a blank shell key as well, then just transfer the electronics into the blank, have it cut and program it.

Either option is cheaper than getting one from Lexus. :shutit:

Also as it's "95" car, is it Ser 2 or 3? (2 has separate fogs, 3 has integrated)

The system is different between them....of course!

Series 3, thanks for all your help guys :)

would this work if i got another blank blade cut for it? or would i need a master key to programme over it? Ebay link sorry just re-read your post, it is 2am :lol:

thanks

Also as it's "95" car, is it Ser 2 or 3? (2 has separate fogs, 3 has integrated)

The system is different between them....of course!

Series 3, thanks for all your help guys :)

would this work if i got another blank blade cut for it? or would i need a master key to programme over it? Ebay link sorry just re-read your post, it is 2am :lol:

thanks

That ad dont say if it has a transponder in it, but I would imagine that it has, probably a good idea to contact the seller and ask him.

But if you do get it then yes you would need a blank case as well, but they are not too expensive.

You should not need a master key to program the new key as there are usually ways to program the keys without the master, just find the correct programming instructions for your 95 (try the ones on those links I posted, without using master key, first. You never know one may work and save you looking around.).

• 1 month later...

Fixed!

If your scorpion alarm stops you starting the last ditch to try fixing it is to open the car, put the key in the ignition, turn to acc (or whatever last position before engine start is) open drivers window, open bonnet, disconnect Battery, wait 2 mins, reconnect Battery then turn key to off remove from ignition then plip the remote. if this fails then it's a new system sad.gif

thanks to tony at scorpion for the procedure.

Incidentally i now have a blank uncut 3 button remote key with transponder if anyone would like to buy it :)

That is excellent infomation which I am sure will help many fellow members in the future,thankyou for posting the solution.

Did this mean you were without your LS for over a month? I would need therapy! :o

Did this mean you were without your LS for over a month? I would need therapy! :o

yes it did, at the beginning of the year i was without the LS for 4 months as i gave it to the mechanic i use just before the MOT ran out and got him to change the occasionally troublesome starter motor and told him to take as long as he could, as every day he had it saved me a load of money in petrol lol got it back then the wife broke it lmao.

• 7 months later...
Fixed!

If your scorpion alarm stops you starting the last ditch to try fixing it is to open the car, put the key in the ignition, turn to acc (or whatever last position before engine start is) open drivers window, open bonnet, disconnect battery, wait 2 mins, reconnect battery then turn key to off remove from ignition then plip the remote. if this fails then it's a new system sad.gif

Incidentally i now have a blank uncut 3 button remote key with transponder if anyone would like to buy it :)

I appear to have a similar problem with a '95 Series II. The Battery went flat during the cold weather as we couldn't get off the drive. The back-up alarm siren came on. In ignorance I tried to jump start the car and got the benefit of the full alarm as which point we disable the alarm (or just the siren?) with the bicycle lock key. (I gather the same design of key was used to lock the arming plate on the WE177 nuclear weapon, but I digress). We took the Battery off and recharged it and refitted. Since then the alarm seems to be permanently set - the Security light is on and the car is immobilised and no amount of trying (short of reprogramming the keyfob) gives any impression of the car listening to the remote, which worked fine beforehand.

We would settle for losing the use of the alarm and remote lock/unlock and being able to drive using the key!

All ideas welcome: meanwhile, I shall pursue the many leads on the forum, for which much thanks.

I should say - I tried the Scorpion fix mentioned above, although am unsure whether I had the ignition key in the right position - is it 'Acc' or everything on just short of the cranking position?

Ben

Hi

Are you sure yours is a 95 MK2 as I thought the facelift to MK3 took place Oct 94 or thereabouts. The reason I say this is mine is in the a Jan 95 MK3. Anyway. The problem you have is identical the problem I had before.

The following procedure cured mine after much pratting about opening and closing doors.

Car unlocked.

Bonnet open and spanner ready to disconnect Battery earth.

Turn key to Acc position and leave.

Disconnect earth

Turn key to on (ignition lights-on position)

Reconnect earth

Turn key to off

Take key out.

Close Door and bonnet

Press button

Sorted.

Please let me know the outcome.

Steve

Fixed!

If your scorpion alarm stops you starting the last ditch to try fixing it is to open the car, put the key in the ignition, turn to acc (or whatever last position before engine start is) open drivers window, open bonnet, disconnect battery, wait 2 mins, reconnect battery then turn key to off remove from ignition then plip the remote. if this fails then it's a new system sad.gif

I appear to have a similar problem with a '95 Series II. The Battery went flat during the cold weather as we couldn't get off the drive. The back-up alarm siren came on. In ignorance I tried to jump start the car and got the benefit of the full alarm as which point we disable the alarm (or just the siren?) with the bicycle lock key. (I gather the same design of key was used to lock the arming plate on the WE177 nuclear weapon, but I digress). We took the Battery off and recharged it and refitted. Since then the alarm seems to be permanently set - the Security light is on and the car is immobilised and no amount of trying (short of reprogramming the keyfob) gives any impression of the car listening to the remote, which worked fine beforehand.

We would settle for losing the use of the alarm and remote lock/unlock and being able to drive using the key!

All ideas welcome: meanwhile, I shall pursue the many leads on the forum, for which much thanks.

I should say - I tried the Scorpion fix mentioned above, although am unsure whether I had the ignition key in the right position - is it 'Acc' or everything on just short of the cranking position?

Ben

Fixed! But I don't know how. I eventually realised the vehicle is a Mark III. This LED me to wonder which alaram it has. I looked under the driver's kick-late and found nothing obvious so (read some more and) looked in the pax side. Whilst under there the alarm came on - loose connection, panic button pressed in my pocket? - so I traced the ticking box. I then found that I had communication again from the fob to the car. All is well.

Moral of the tale? Never give up....

Thanks to any readers and hope you have as much success - the forum is a great moral support!

Ben

Glad tyou fixed it if you have a bvlack fob with two buttons one red one black then you have a mk3 with a Scorpion alarm. :)

Thanks for that. I was confused between Series II and Mark III. It is indeed a Mark 3 . We could do with another Scorpion fob as I suspect ours won't last for ever. I'll watch fleaBay but meanwhile if anyone has one AND knows how to programme it we would be happy to talk! Also, if anyone has any information appropriate to excision of aforesaid Scorpion alarm against the awful day when it did turn up its toes that might be very useful too.

Ben

When I had problems with my Mk-II and the Scorpion alarm, Scorpion told me that the reprogramming machine failed a few years ago and so they had to discard it. Oh yes, they were able to reccomend a replacement alarm system as a substitute/upgrade. So i had my suspicions about their motives. Good to hear that others are now having better luck.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links