Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i have got a black 99 gs300 sport and last night someone showed how much they liked it with there key. it is only about a foot long but deep and on the rear quater so would take alot to spray. i is goin to use a touch up pen but have not done so b4 any good pointer on how to make look abit better?

I would expect the colour match to be ok, but you do need to t-cut the excess off once it has dried. You can never get the pen only the scratch, it always goes past the edges, but a good buff off afterwards will sort that out, similar to removing over spray. Just take your time. That is what chipsaway would do, so simpler to get them to do it, but not impossible to do yourself. Especially on a non-metallic colour.

I would expect the colour match to be ok, but you do need to t-cut the excess off once it has dried. You can never get the pen only the scratch, it always goes past the edges, but a good buff off afterwards will sort that out, similar to removing over spray. Just take your time. That is what chipsaway would do, so simpler to get them to do it, but not impossible to do yourself. Especially on a non-metallic colour.

Chipsaway match the paint to the car not the code just had my wheels refurbished and asked the boss, touch up pens don't you buy them on your colour code.

I know this for a fact as my car silver 199 has 5 different shades (Yes stupid isn't it) I went to a supplier that does touch up pens and aerosol and he said you will only be able to buy the standard and I tried 3 different places I did buy a standard and it was too light, I was told to get a good match go to a spray shop

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links