Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi fellow lexus owners. I followed your advice and purchased an RX300 rather than an Mseries merc. Now i have one I know that I made the right decision. I love it. Its superb. Its a 1999 rx300 with only 68,000 miles and it looks like and drives like new. wow so quiet, refined and smooth. I have had a freelander a grand cherokee before both lpg converted and this is miles better than both. I maybe wish that I had a genuine uk version but I do have tiptronic and a low mileage at a greatly reduce price. I have a boxster which is my fun car and this one for work. But the Boxster can stay in the garage for a bit, I love driving this.

I will be lpging this vehicle next week and have managed to great a great quote of only £1100 I will keep you all informed.

Hi fellow lexus owners. I followed your advice and purchased an RX300 rather than an Mseries merc. Now i have one I know that I made the right decision. I love it. Its superb. Its a 1999 rx300 with only 68,000 miles and it looks like and drives like new. wow so quiet, refined and smooth. I have had a freelander a grand cherokee before both lpg converted and this is miles better than both. I maybe wish that I had a genuine uk version but I do have tiptronic and a low mileage at a greatly reduce price. I have a boxster which is my fun car and this one for work. But the Boxster can stay in the garage for a bit, I love driving this.

I will be lpging this vehicle next week and have managed to great a great quote of only £1100 I will keep you all informed.

Dont do it !!! I had my 2002 GS300 (same engine ) LPG converted, ruined the car, as Lexus say it does not work on these V Tec engines, 2 engine re builds and flash lube system later I had to bale out and sell it, lost a fortune to save a little !

Dont do it !!! I had my 2002 GS300 (same engine ) LPG converted, ruined the car, as Lexus say it does not work on these V Tec engines, 2 engine re builds and flash lube system later I had to bale out and sell it, lost a fortune to save a little !

Sorry to hear you had a bum deal with your LPG conversion Tony, but were the people who fitted it competent and an aproved LPG agent? and how come you didn't have Flashlube fitted from the off? When the average cost nowadays of fitting LPG is between £1500 and £2000 I would have thought the £75 or so, it costs to fit a Flashlube system fitted a small price to pay for peace of mind considering the amount of money you possibly forked out for not installing it in the first place. Hindsight I know, but the garage should also have explained the negatives of not fitting Flashlube.

I had my LPG fitted to my RX300 last year, costing me around £1700 and after almost 20,000 miles to date, the engine is still as sweet as a nut, with absolutely no problems whatsoever, and by this time next year I reckon it should have about paid for itself, taking into account the cost of petrol I would have put into it by then, therefore costing me nothing, plus its put value onto the car. As for Lexus saying it doesn't work on Vtec engines well go figure, sorry bud but it ovbiously does.

So my advice to Nigel is go for it mate, but make sure you use a reputable agent to convert your Lex to LPG, and definately have the Flashlube system fitted.

The £1100 you've been quoted does seem rather cheap, but I suppose due to the competative nature of the LPG conversion industry nowadays it's possible that prices are coming right down, but also remember you do get what you pay for. Another thing the garage doing the conversion should offer you a post fitting service plan, if not stay clear of them.

Just my ten penneth worth anyway

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links