Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

i may have posted this in the wrong section,so here it is again

Hi

would like your advice on this car that im thinking of buying

I e-mailed them and offered £,3500( This would be my 1st Lexus)

What do you think? Also seen a few on autorader that were private sale,again around this price

Thanks

Lee

the car looks good inside out - the price? well i suppose hes a dealer and has got to make a margin on it - there was one on auto trader S reg with 80K miles for 3250 - been there at least 3 weeks - not there this morning - wether its sold or ad is expired i dont know - i think in terms of mileage and condition it one of the best ones on there at this moment in time

Hi looks to be a good car,if it is in mint condition £3500 is top money for it, check to see if the cam belt has been done on it,6 years or 63,000 miles, I suspect the belt was changed a long time ago as the previous owner was elderly & had it 9 years, If the belt is due time wise, £3000 would be more realistic. or £3500 if the dealer puts a new belt , Idlers & water pump on it. Also check to make sure it has the vvti engine in it & is not an early import with the older 264 bhp non vvti engine.

good luck Mark

Hi

many thanks for that,

he did say yes to my price,but e-mailed him to ask more questions,

That one that was on autorader as gone, he mailed me to say that it had been sold, the other day ,yes i liked that car too.

I have another one for you guys,hope you dont mind?

http://www.dbtrading.autoweb1.co.uk/details.asp?cdID=2733046

Ilke this but think its a little pricey

Looks like ill be back looking on autotrader.

This will not be my main car,so do you think that maybe i should be going for a earlier model? Would it be cheaper in the long run?

Was thinking about a 93,94 model before i saw the mk4s

By the way my wifes thinks im mad to buy one,am i ? lol :D

Thanks in advance

Lee

Hi lee that LS looks really nice and the miliage is just below average so if it in your budget try haggling him down a bit ? lol

As for buying an older series , servicing costs and fuel will be a bout the same however the older the car the more it may

cost at mot time. Id personnaly buy the newest i could afford and wait for the right car. Thats not to say there are not older

cars that are in excellent condition and well priced . It really depends on what youre after. Mileage is not really a issue as long

as it has service history backing it up (full). Good Luck .

cheers steve

Thanks for that Steve,

to be honest my 1st budget was £1500,then £2k,now up to 2500 lol

We aslo need a car family too,so dont really want to spending 3k,though i would love to spend more on one,

I was looking at a 2002 Lexus ls 4.3 with 43k on the clock

he wanted 8k i asked him if he would take 7,600 and he said yes, now all i need to do is ask my wife lol

Thnaks again

Lee

IMHO dont go for dark blue.

Its a swine to keep clean as the smallest mark stands out a mile.

They look great when they are clean, but the slightest rainfall, mist or at this time of year, an overnights pollen layer, ruins all your hard work.

Unfortunately I had no choice when I bought my 430 as needed a car there and then, and I already knew about dark blue having worked in a garage in my youth.

Guys

im going to post some links to cars that im intrested in,would really need your help and advice please on the cars

Thanks

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...icleRegLetter=R

If you're going for an LS400, my advice would be to go for a Series IV (i.e. the first two listed in your post) - it's often regarded as the best combination of value, power, economy and waftability...............As stated previously, just make sure it is a UK spec car and not an import.

Details for RAC are here.......> RAC

Hi Lee

£2500 is a bit over the top for a mark3, £1800 is more like it on that mileage. also the brown interior is a bit of a odd colour with the blue outside ( just my point of veiw). wait there are lots available,I paid £2250 october last year for my 99 mk4 with 132k on the clock 2 owners full lexus history, cambelt just done. The place to get the car inspected would be Lexus get a pre MOT check done.

best of luck Mark

I think ANY of these prices are a Bargain! I can't understand how a £60K car can drop in value (in real terms) to £3K in under 10 years. It's market driven and seems to be a U.K. phenomenon. The LS worth the same as an equivalent Mundano? So, whatever you get is a bargain in money terms!

The car, if you analyse it is worth FAR more!

You would weep if your HOUSE dropt in value like this!

Hi Lee

its not so much that the engine is much better, it has a 5 speed auto box, traction & vehicle stabillaty control, snow mode, touch screen sat nav, zenon lights & a few outher bits & bobs more than the mark3, its the best of the ls400 range & some say the pinnacle of the complete ls range, All I know is I have no intention of selling mine for a very very long time ( woudn't have an idea what to replace it with), I agree with Chris they are worth much more than they are selling for but its the same for all large cars these days ( I wouldn't have wanted to have bought a new jag xj 3 years ago 45k down to 12k)

Real men dont need traction and stability control ;)

I prefer the Mk3 as it has chiselled good looks. I've always though the Mk4 front end with its gloopy lights didnt make sense when the back end hadnt changed.

Id like the Vtec engine and 5 speed box from the LS430 on, but the looks went definitely went even more frog faced and dumpy upto 2004.

I expect to have the rebuild the suspension at some point, but that could be the case with a car costing 1000's more.

Just my pennies worth.

Absolutely love the 2007 model though :)

Hi this car has been on autotrader since last October, I would think a deal is to be had, I like the dark green with the black leather ( looks very posh ) . Green cars are difficult to sell supossed to be bad luck. For me its one of the best colours on the mark 4.

Hi guys,

i did offer him £2,500,he wants £2,750 with 1 years mot,and 1 years tax

Just why is the boot a problem with these cars?

Have a look at this one and let me know what you all think,did offer him 2k but said he would take £2,200

cambelt was relpaced @60k miles

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links