Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Install Time

OK here we go im thinking of the following

option a

1 x JL Audio JL12W6V2-D4

1 x New amp for above (suggest away)

1 x new amp 4ch same as above in appearance (sugest away)

as for the boot build 1 sub box mounted in the middle im all up for showing the boot build of but i dont thik the arse of this sub is very sexy so no real need for a perspec pannel to show it off.

im thinking both amps 1 either side of the sub enclosure at a slight angle leaning toward the arches of the car with a perspec pannel infront of them (MAYBE)

False floor to get tyre out maybe a hinged floor or sliding maybe to show of the wheel underneath posibly a perspecx pannel that slides

here is the kit i was thinking off

JL Audio JL12W6V2-D4

Kenwood KAC-PS1D

Kenwood KAC-PS4D

will also need a sub box for the sub to go in now there is all this talk about pointing through the ski hatch but i the sub dont look that nice from behind all i would have on show would be the amps

OPtion B

I keep my current amps

Lanzer vibe 1k mono block huge thing

Alpine V12 F407 i think

maybe get 2 new subs to go in my twin box and remake system in boot with these bits maybe false floor

Option C

maybe build everything in the boot with subs facing the rear bench power cap in the middle so it can be seen through the ski hatch amps on bac of sub box then enclose evrything in so nothing is on show

not keen on option c my self, but i dont do installs in cars no more i do clubs and schools now

plan is if im ordeing bits i order tomorow for next day delivery and spend sunday and monday making and fitting kit

then following weekend i take all kit out and carpet the thing properly maybe be in alcantara etc

Help me guys come on u know you wnt to help me spend some money in the credit crunch lol

MAX Spending of £1500 all in including new beefy power cable

Rabs

i forgot to show you and discuss mine at the meet on sunday with you,

i dont know about the kenwood amps but for looks go for the jl 300/4 and 500/1 if you can afford them it would look better i think with matching sub and amps,

ive got my box facing outwards using the entire boot as its enclosure and porting through the holes made for the 6x9s and it sounds awesome,all thats left to do is to mount each amp to the sides and make a false floor for access to the spare wheel

something like this

boot.jpg

The w6 is my pick of the JL subs.. was a tough decision bewtween this and the Mb quart ones i went for..

500/1 is the perfect match for this sub, just the right amount of power and fantastic SQ. Slash series amps are one of the best amps out there for quality and power.

300/4 again is one of the best 4 ch amps although can be a little pricy..

you will be able to get all of this for just over a grand leaving you some cash to get a good 0awg power kit and some nice comps for the front and an upgraded Battery.

The power cap is useless so i would ditch that..

for installing, you can point towards the ski hatch but it wont sound right.. in lots of experimenting the subs sound best pointing upwards or failing that towards the boot with the 6x9's out..

second thought on this:

if you want an alternative with no loss of quality consider the MB quart PAB2100 amp. its only 2 ch but its 100w per channel and keeps up with the JL in terms of SQ.

you could get two of these if you insist on using rears. this would work out cheaper than the 300/4 too and leave you a bit left over to spend on some good front components.

Arron that install looks very smart & simple I like, I'm gonna consider something like that now.

Hope you get lots of pics for us Rabs over the weekend mate, I love big bass ;)

Unfortunatly i was forced to actually work today and was on the road so no ordering for me sob sob so looks like i wont be doing the install this weekend unless i pay for a saturday delivery which is very tempting need to come up with the shopping list 1st

if i decide to upgrade the headunit you will be first on the list Mr Mole

Rabs

Unfortunatly i was forced to actually work today and was on the road so no ordering for me sob sob so looks like i wont be doing the install this weekend unless i pay for a saturday delivery which is very tempting need to come up with the shopping list 1st

Rabs

:yahoo: :yahoo: will you throw in the Camp 2 system aswell mate :question::lol: :lol:

But thats sad you had to work today :blink: , just get the stuff ordered mate and pay for the Saturday delivery. That will give you something to do at the weekend

well i do still have coiloversand ARBS to fot on saturday morning as well as getting my Vectra MOT'd still not sure what to go for lol

i really want a ne install and want it to sound the nuts but my wood work skills r about the same as my ballet skils lol

Rabs

Rabs

as i said in my PM mate, let me know what you decide and i will see if i can get you a better deal..

JL Audio 500/1 Amp & the JL12W6 would be good for the bass, plus using a single 12" would leave you more

space in the boot, and make construction of a false floor with access to the spare wheel easier. Also the JL 300/4

get my vote everytime mate, I had a nice Alpine V12 4 channel previously in my car, and was very pleased with the sound, but the 300/4 moved the sound quality up a fairly big notch.

If you bargain hunt and are careful, you may be able to pick the amps up cheaper on eBay, but I would personally buy the subwoofer brand new of possible. Then nice big n chunky power cable etc and maybe some dynamat for the

front doors and inside the boot/back seat and you will be kicking mate

The Kenwood amps are ok, but I wasn't that impressed with the Kenwood Mono Sub amp I had previously in my car

(rated at 1000watts r.m.s), I changed it to the supposedly lower power rated JL Audio 500/1 and was bowled over

by the difference in sheer grunt plus increase in the quality & control of the bass from the JL amp.

You know what you are doing bud, but if you need a helping hand just let me know :)

DJgif.gif

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links