Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacing Cream Half Leather With Black

Hi as the title says my car currently has a cream interior but it is in a really bad condition at the moment and cant be cleaned, i was thinking of replacing the 2 front seats,the door cards and the back seats with black half suade or even if i can find them black is300 full leathers - my question is has anyone done this? Do you think it will look any good if i was to leave the roof and floor carpets cream?

-Thanks

Hi as the title says my car currently has a cream interior but it is in a really bad condition at the moment and cant be cleaned, i was thinking of replacing the 2 front seats,the door cards and the back seats with black half suade or even if i can find them black is300 full leathers - my question is has anyone done this? Do you think it will look any good if i was to leave the roof and floor carpets cream?

-Thanks

nothing you can do with the roof unless you retrim it black yourself and no change the carpet it will look silly cream!!would be easy as you've taken all the seats out easy swap mate 3 full interiors on the bay!!

yes Aaron i would be interested in that service if you were to offer it (plz lol)

how did you actually fit it? by removing the roof carpet/covering will i be able to fit the electric is200 aerial?

-Thanks

its actually really easy to do(he says :whistling: )

all you need is the fabric your retrimming with,scissors,craft knife,spray adhesive,black spray paint(or whatever colour you want to match your material closest)

basicly everything has to be removed that it to be retrimmed,

1# starting with the front pilars,then middle then rear pilars,

2# then all interior lights,clips,sun visors and grab handles

3# remove headlining

4# i removed the original material from all the bits(start with the pillars :winky: as if you mess up its really easy to start again instead of doing the headlining and almost finishing then messing the last bit up)

5# cut roughly the shape your gonna need (use the old material as a template to measure and leave approx 3-5cm around the outside )

6# spray the adhesive onto the pilar and leave to go slightly tacky before laying the material over otherwise it'll soak through and look poo when dry :crybaby:

7# rub down the material by hand on the pilar so its sticks properly and make sure extra few cm is unstuck and hanging over still

8# spray the rear of the pilar near the edge and pull the edges a few cm at a time so you can get a decent fit and you can also trim if some areas are to long

now for the headlining :ohmy:

now the headlining is more difficult as you have more curves and dips in in

9# its easier to leave the old material on for this,start from the rear or the headlining as its more flat and lay your huge piece of material over it to get the rough size

10# as before with the pilars spray the adhesive onto the headlining and leave to go tacky (take it a few inches at a time)

11# carefully lay your material over the adhesive and gently rub down (try keeping the material in line with the headlining as you dont want to get halfway through and realise youve gone off at an angle so take it a few inches at a time and keep checking)

12# keep going over the hole for the sunroof as you can cut that later when youve finished

13# you should be up to the ridges where the sunvisors would be now so just use your fingers to get in those curves for a tight neat fit

14# when your happy glue all the edges down on the back,and cut a X in the middle of the sunroof hole but dont go to the edges completely as you'll need material to overlap to stick on the back as youve done around the outsides then trim up as necessary

15# while the headlinings out try and remove the sunroof cover as in this guide here online workshop manual

it will take a bit of persuasion but will come out :winky: and cover with the same method

16# lastly you will have the outer trim for the sunroof which just pulls off instead of covering this with the material just give it a few light sprays of black spray paint to give it the colour

17# if you want while there off spray all your fittings to match,just give them a little rub with some fine sandpaper to get a key on the surface then spray them up

18# when all the parts are dry refit it all

19# sit back and admire your work :winky:

any questions just send me a pm :D

aaron ive done my sun roof cover quite easy but the material i used is getting to me im going to do it all again in a week or so with new material i need a new peice of trim that goes round the sun roof opening aswel

just noticed aron did you change the seatbelts as mine are cream, was it easy?

yeah i bought the whole interior and that was everything seats,doorcards,carpet and seatbelts for £100

£100 wow some people get all the luck!! dose anyone know where i can gt the complete interior from, epart from eBay?

i have done the roof trimming aswell done it straight away after i had sat in a isf as that has a black roof. this is really easy to do and just takes time. dont rush it and you will do just fine :). try finding the best spray mount glue you can get as some are no good after a certain temp and well your new black roof lining will start to drop down in the sun :(. i have found this out. i ran out of spray glue so went to a different shop to buy some and well it was not as good :(. so got to take mine bk out to do the bk. i started from the front first on mine to get the worst bit out the way first lol. the a/b/c posts are really easy to do. about 20mins on each 1. i have also do my parcel shelf in it tooooo :).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links