Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member - Just About To Pick Up My First Lexus

troobix

Hi Everyone,

New member here...

Just wanted to say how useful this site has been in deciding if I should buy a an IS.

The knowledge you guys have is invaluable especially when it comes to questioning the sales staff !!

I pick up an IS250 se multimedia next Saturday. I was hugely impressed with the Levinson system but I never heard the 'standard' system.

Does anyone know - is it a complete refit for speakers or have they just added a subwoofer ?

A couple of things seem to be re-occurring topics in terms of issues - the dash rattle, aircon issues and disk / pad wear.

Does anyone know if they show up particular models / years ?

Cheers everyone

Looking forward to getting involved.

Steve

Hi Everyone,

New member here...

Just wanted to say how useful this site has been in deciding if I should buy a an IS.

The knowledge you guys have is invaluable especially when it comes to questioning the sales staff !!

I pick up an IS250 se multimedia next Saturday. I was hugely impressed with the Levinson system but I never heard the 'standard' system.

Does anyone know - is it a complete refit for speakers or have they just added a subwoofer ?

A couple of things seem to be re-occurring topics in terms of issues - the dash rattle, aircon issues and disk / pad wear.

Cheers everyone

Steve

I cant answer any of your questions but welcome to the site.. and get some pics up when you get the car.

Weclome, is it a new one or pre-owned? And you have gone for the auto haven't you?

Hi,

It's an Apr 06 33k slate metallic, leather with multimedia. I pick it up next weekend. I'll get a pic on the site.

I have been searching for about three months for something on budget but the Lexus site shows up only a handful of low mileage levinson cars. The auto adding thousands in some cases. Lexus know demand is outstripping supply.

Anyway, it's a manual and given the 3 auto boxes that failed me between 17k - 33k in my previous Mitsubishi Galant 2.5 v6 of a few years ago,

I have been driving a manual Merc clk 230 komp for the last 4 years and although the throw is quite long and loose it's been ok.

I'm more than happy to take on a manual. From reading the forums over the last couple of months, the diesel manual may be the one to stay clear of ??

I used the manual angle ( higher car tax )at a couple of dealerships but they just came back with 'well that's why it's priced cheaper'.

The sales guy gave me a fair price for the merc and knocked £800 off the price of the IS, and will fill the tank and got a years tax.

So...for a shade under 15k I think it's not too bad.

I'm considering service plans and extended warranty, got good or bad experience of this ?

Cheers everyone.

Steve ( getting slightly excited now ! )

Hi Everyone,

New member here...

Cheers everyone

Steve

I cant answer any of your questions but welcome to the site.. and get some pics up when you get the car.

Hi,

Many thanks, I get the car next saturday, pics will be up after that !!

S.

Hi

Welcome to the Lexus family.

This was my first Lexus, which I have had for just over 6 months, it will not be my last. The service and extended warranty is good, they may provide both free, or, you pay for one, they provide the other free of charge. I have had no complaints, the car is a 55 plate, I prefer the auto, but that is probably down to my age! A good sound purchase.

Take care and enjoy.

Tom

Congratulations on the purchase, have you got it yet?

In response to your question about the audio, the standard system is pretty good, but the ML is a whole other level - it is a completely different system and well worth the extra money imho :)

And as Stevie said, the IS200 never had a Mark Levinson system, but the standard system is pretty decent, with the earlier Nakamichi ones sounding better than the later models. Even with the newer cars, only really the top models have ML sound systems in them.

Don't think the earlier IS200s were Nakamichi either. I have a 1999 model and my OEM stereo was made by Fujitsu, just like the later ones.

It's an odd one this, of the bottom slot ones, some were Nakamichi, some were Fujitsu. The top slot ones were all Fujitsu Ten.

I actually thought it was the earliest ones that were Nakamichi, but if your 1999 is Fujitsu, that doesn't really make sense. Although do you know if yours may have been replaced due to ERR3 before you bought the car?

Congratulations on the purchase, have you got it yet?

In response to your question about the audio, the standard system is pretty good, but the ML is a whole other level - it is a completely different system and well worth the extra money imho :)

And as Stevie said, the IS200 never had a Mark Levinson system, but the standard system is pretty decent, with the earlier Nakamichi ones sounding better than the later models. Even with the newer cars, only really the top models have ML sound systems in them.

Hi,

I pick it up on Saturday 8:30 am !!! ( not that I'm keen to get my hands on it or anything :)

Thanks for the info in the ML. I was hoping that was the case.

More to follow soon....

Cheers

Steve

My father has an IS250 with Mark Levinson system on it. It is fantastic mate. You will love it. Perfect sound performance

Hi,

Cheers, the more I read about this system, the longer Saturday seems to be taking to arrive !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links