Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60k Service...

Right folks i need some info and help regarding the dreaded 60K service.....at the moment i dont have the time to look up and sort out the "what has to be done" and "what optional stuff has to be done" ...im currently in the process of moving and its doing my head in...so...

can someone be very kind "and with more time than me" Please,please,please put a breakdown of all the things that have to be done and extra stuff that i might aswell get done....

Its going to be done via LEXUS Dealership so all the stamps are up to date then....its on the "FOR SALE" section after the service has been completed...

Really appreciate the time and effort .....Thanx..Dazz :D B)

60k service includes:

- Air and oil filters (with new engine oil)

- Coolant change

- Plugs

- Pollen filter

- Diff oil change

- Brake fluid change (I think?)

- Batteries changed in keys/fobs (Optional?)

Service might also bring up other advisories such as disc/pad replacement, worn ball joints/other suspension items.

As above, 60k will mean the cambelt service, I had mine last year at a cost of £695 at my Lexus dealer.

You're putting the car up for sale after? What are you replacing it with?

I just had my 80k service, and had my cambelt done. Had the waterpump done at the same time. They also rang me while it was, and said my AC was overdue a service so had that done aswell. Was a great way to spend an obsene ammount of money. But at least I got to borrow an IS220d for 24 hours.

Gareth

60k service includes:

- Air and oil filters (with new engine oil)

- Coolant change

- Plugs

- Pollen filter

- Diff oil change

- Brake fluid change (I think?)

- Batteries changed in keys/fobs (Optional?)

Service might also bring up other advisories such as disc/pad replacement, worn ball joints/other suspension items.

Thanx for that Kam05... :D

As above, 60k will mean the cambelt service, I had mine last year at a cost of £695 at my Lexus dealer.

Hi Parthiban..im looking at getting a used Honda Accord Type-R.....having a look at one next few days its a Post facelift 2002 ( so no 5th syncro problems) its done 46,000 miles and is up for £5500 but will negotiate....... :D

Dont really know how much to put mine up for sale yet....been looking and a few lexus dealers have 05 plate ( same age miles etc) up for £9.5 k so take in to the fact that they bung £2k on top im looking i think about £7.5 k ...but mine also has the TRD bodykit and styling kit alloys...so a little bit more expensive......but not much......

So if i got the the "60K" service done and added the Cambelt change and water pump im guessing im looking at the best part of £1K....????

Just out of interest when does the gearbox oil get changed and the clutch fluid get changed...?

Just want to make sure i get it all done before she goes.....peace of mind for me and the new owner......when she gets brought.....

Thanx everyone for there help...appreciate it...

Lexus park lane wanted around £1k for 60k inc Cambelt.

Cheers Edeath ... i thought it would be approx that.... :shutit: :crybaby: better get me penny jar out and start counting... :lol: :duh:

Parthiban did that include the 60K and the cambelt being done..?

Thing is my car still hasn't done 60k, think it was just over 40k last year, but as it was 6 years old it needed the cambelt service. Although looking at kam05's list above and my invoice, it looks pretty much the same except for the diff oil change. On my invoice, I've got the service, the belt change, plugs, brake fluid and all that so it looks like pretty much the same service.

I did it at Lexus Woodford, worth giving them a call if you're not too far away from them as I believe they dropped the price even lower than £695 a few months after I had my service done.

Thing is my car still hasn't done 60k, think it was just over 40k last year, but as it was 6 years old it needed the cambelt service. Although looking at kam05's list above and my invoice, it looks pretty much the same except for the diff oil change. On my invoice, I've got the service, the belt change, plugs, brake fluid and all that so it looks like pretty much the same service.

I did it at Lexus Woodford, worth giving them a call if you're not too far away from them as I believe they dropped the price even lower than £695 a few months after I had my service done.

Ok cool thanx Matey.. :D ..mines done 55K has full Lexus service but when i brought it she had done 25k and they had to give her the next sheduled service which was 30k (for free) so it kinda throws the service out instead of 10K,20k,10K etc its had 10K 20K... 30k (at 25K) 40K (at35K) 50K (at 45K) and now due 60K ( at55K) but shes only 4yers old so Not sure if its worth getting the cambelt done yet....? might just get them to do the 60K service and get them to check and let me know what the cambelt ,and tensioner is like.......

Yeah if you tell them it's only done 55k, 4 years old, and you're planning on selling I think they'd probably say the cambelt can wait (seeing as it was originally 100k, and then they reduced it to 60k I'm sure in most cases it probably doesn't even need replacing at 60k)

take it to toyota!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1k is madness for a service!!! the belt isn't even that bad to do as for time wise you only get a few hours to do it!!you will be getting the same service and the same parts and a service stamp too just a hell of a lot cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just had my 80k service, and had my cambelt done. Had the waterpump done at the same time. They also rang me while it was, and said my AC was overdue a service so had that done aswell. Was a great way to spend an obsene ammount of money. But at least I got to borrow an IS220d for 24 hours.

Gareth

Why would you want to borrow a 220D? I had one today whilst my 450h was in for a 50k service. The longest (and slowest) 6 hrs of my life lol

Malc

60KServiceLexus.jpg

Thanx Trudi.... :D

Hi,

I've been quoted close to £1400 (Lexus, Edgeware) for a 60k service inc. cambelt, tensioner and water pump change change but no mention of the idler.

What are as these items, as these have been mentioned in my quotation

1. Element, Air Ref

2. Environmental Charge

3. Element, Air Ref

4. Gskt, Drain Plug

5. Brake Cleaner

6. Engine Flush

7. Petrol Additive

Do I need Brake and Diff Oil cange?

I am not prepared to pay this. Can somebody recommend a reputable company in North West London who will charge a reasonable amount for this typr of service.

If you're close to Edgware Road, you could try Jem who are an independent just round the corner from them (and originally owned Jemca) who have been recommended on here before.

If you want to stick with Lexus and don't mind travelling a bit, try Lexus Woodford whose service is impeccable and tend to be a lot cheaper than Edgware Road.

I too can recomend Lexus Woodford. I have an appointment there on Tuesday for a major service on the LS. Been quoted £460 which I didn't think was too bad every other year. They have always been good and have never had a problem at all with them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links