Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Have Just Bought An Is-f

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very nice, no doubt you're well happy with it.

Just out of intrigue, what's your neighbours and freinds take on it compared with the M3, what's their reaction?

I am very happy with it! I've ploughed through the two instruction manuals. All in all, about 800 pages. The English translation is a bit suspect in places.

Everyone who's seen it up to now have preferred it to the M3. My neighbour thinks the M3 looks very dated compared to the Lexus, which I'd suppose it would as it's the previous model.

I spent a few hours cleaning it yesterday as it was not valeted properly when I picked it up. There was chocolate in the passenger seat perforations, a small blue paint scrape on the rear bumper and quite a few tar spots. I have sorted all of that out. However, I'm not happy with the wheels. The n/s rear has been kerbed and the two fronts have been 'cleaned' with an abrasive scourer of some sort and removed the shine from the inside rims between the struts and left them with a flat scratched effect. I'm waiting for a call back from Lexus to discuss.

If you have bought that from a Lex dealer, then I'm sorry but that's just not acceptable. One of the most eagerly anticipated cars in a long time and they can’t even get the valet done properly, but no doubt they will sort it for you, but you shouldn’t have to go back.

Is the ride really bumpy on the pot-holed roads?? I mean that’s the only downside that I’ve read about???

If you have bought that from a Lex dealer, then I'm sorry but that's just not acceptable. One of the most eagerly anticipated cars in a long time and they can’t even get the valet done properly, but no doubt they will sort it for you, but you shouldn’t have to go back.

Is the ride really bumpy on the pot-holed roads?? I mean that’s the only downside that I’ve read about???

I did buy it from a Lexus dealer, and it seems they contract their valeting out to a Polish guy. I explained all of the points I mentioned above, plus the fact that there were loads of tar spots I had to remove. I'm not too bothered about the cleanliness aspect, as I enjoyed cleaning it and sorting these things out. The wheels however are a different matter. The dealership say they will get back to me at the end of the week about resolving it. They assure me they will sort it out and I have no doubt they will. I think they are going to try and recover the cost from the valet.

I don't find the ride too bumpy at all. In fact, I'd say it's far softer than the M3 for my old bones!! I'm just waiting for the buyer to arrive for the M3. He's not seen it yet in the flesh but is on a train from 220 miles away clutching a bank draft!!

I did buy it from a Lexus dealer, and it seems they contract their valeting out to a Polish guy. I explained all of the points I mentioned above, plus the fact that there were loads of tar spots I had to remove. I'm not too bothered about the cleanliness aspect, as I enjoyed cleaning it and sorting these things out. The wheels however are a different matter. The dealership say they will get back to me at the end of the week about resolving it. They assure me they will sort it out and I have no doubt they will. I think they are going to try and recover the cost from the valet.

I don't find the ride too bumpy at all. In fact, I'd say it's far softer than the M3 for my old bones!! I'm just waiting for the buyer to arrive for the M3. He's not seen it yet in the flesh but is on a train from 220 miles away clutching a bank draft!!

I'm sure they will sort the wheels.

What was/is the M3 buyers view on the IS F, no doubt he will see it when he picks up the M3?

I remember when one of the dealers had an IS F in the dealership for pre-booked test runs etc, I can recall there were a couple of guys (M3 owner(s)) and they couldn't stop drooling over the F, I don't think any pics does it justice, when you see it in the flesh, as you well know, it looks amazing., allthough I have seen one in the silver colour and it doesn't look that nice in silver for some reason, but white, C Slate, Red, Black and the Blue work very well.

How much do you reckon they will be worth in about 18 months time?

I'm sure they will sort the wheels.

What was/is the M3 buyers view on the IS F, no doubt he will see it when he picks up the M3?

I remember when one of the dealers had an IS F in the dealership for pre-booked test runs etc, I can recall there were a couple of guys (M3 owner(s)) and they couldn't stop drooling over the F, I don't think any pics does it justice, when you see it in the flesh, as you well know, it looks amazing., allthough I have seen one in the silver colour and it doesn't look that nice in silver for some reason, but white, C Slate, Red, Black and the Blue work very well.

How much do you reckon they will be worth in about 18 months time?

The guy who bought the M3 was a trader from Lincoln. I picked him up from the station in the IS-F and he liked it a lot. I think I scared him a bit when I floored it on a straight bit!!

I've no idea what they'll be worth in 18 months. I'm surprised I was able to buy one five months old for £39K. That represents 26% depreciation in five months!! I imagine that after a hit that size, the rate of depreciation will decline, but it's anyone's guess by how much.

Wow, thats all i can say. Have not yet seen one of these in the flesh yet on my travels and i drive everyday. I've seen Lamborghini Gallardos, Merc AMGs, Nissan GT-R, but not a single IS-F! And thats what i want to see the most! Looks amazing, but bugger to keep clean. But at your age im sure your find plenty of time to clean it. It will be like a good relaxing/exercising therpy lol. Congrats on your purchase!

That looks stunning, really like the white, one of the things I love about the IS-F is how substantial it looks - it's funny as the M3 and the IS-F both look how they drive, the M3 looks sleek and agile (and it is) and the IS-F looks more like a muscle car (which is kind of what it is) :whistling:

congrats on the new toy. I just PM'ed you about a number plate you might be interested in for it.

As for the scratched wheels I suspect that this is the same issue all ISF owners i have spoken with have. The brake dust is shocking and if like me you were not aware that not only is it dust but red-hot shards of metal flying off the brake pads onto the wheels and bodywork, you would feel happy to wash the beast once a week. However the brake dust builds up and i didn't really notice until it was too late and the wheels were damaged beyon cleaning. Lexus tried to clean them 3 times and although the dust is all gone now, i am left with scratched inbetween ever spoke and small paint damage too along the door sills. The other white ISF owner I know really had obvious damage to his paint and wheels.

both of us have been given brand new wheels despite it not being covered under warranty - good will guesture by Lexus GB (thanks)

Advise is to clean the wheels after every trip - as advised to me by Lexus.

Here is the post link to see what I mean

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/show...amp;postcount=1

congrats on the new toy. I just PM'ed you about a number plate you might be interested in for it.

As for the scratched wheels I suspect that this is the same issue all ISF owners i have spoken with have. The brake dust is shocking and if like me you were not aware that not only is it dust but red-hot shards of metal flying off the brake pads onto the wheels and bodywork, you would feel happy to wash the beast once a week. However the brake dust builds up and i didn't really notice until it was too late and the wheels were damaged beyon cleaning. Lexus tried to clean them 3 times and although the dust is all gone now, i am left with scratched inbetween ever spoke and small paint damage too along the door sills. The other white ISF owner I know really had obvious damage to his paint and wheels.

both of us have been given brand new wheels despite it not being covered under warranty - good will guesture by Lexus GB (thanks)

I went and picked mine up from Lexus today after they'd had it for two days to sort the wheels out. They have refurb'd all four to what appears to be a very high standard. I was hoping they'd replace with new, but having seen the standard of the refurb, I'm not unhappy.

I will ensure they are now kept clean. This isn't too difficult for me as I don't go far anyway and as I don't work, I have plenty of time to do these things. I'll keep my eye out for paintwork damage on the door seals. I don't have any as yet.

I went and picked mine up from Lexus today after they'd had it for two days to sort the wheels out. They have refurb'd all four to what appears to be a very high standard. I was hoping they'd replace with new, but having seen the standard of the refurb, I'm not unhappy.

I will ensure they are now kept clean. This isn't too difficult for me as I don't go far anyway and as I don't work, I have plenty of time to do these things. I'll keep my eye out for paintwork damage on the door seals. I don't have any as yet.

Hi bought mine new 15months ago now 26ooo miles, clean wheels 3 or 4 times a week so not to bad but back wheels have started to bleb paint, lexus are going to sort on the next service and i have kept a photographic record, only other problem I had was wearing on the front seats, this showed the blue through the black on the back of the seat, this started after 5,500 miles but lexus changed these, well pleased with car

Chris, Good luck with the cleaning e.t.c but if you want a mega job i can't recommend Gleamachine high enough - really nice guy owns and runs it and you'll have seen the results from the link I posted. £300 really well spent (probably cheaper as you live in his neck of the woods as I paid more for him to travel).

I have only had to wash the car a few times since then and every time it comes back how it looks in the photos and this is about 2 months later - he said it would be like that for 6 months + which is brilliant

Slightly :offtopic: but what have you got on your front bumper just below and either side of your license plate Looney? Is it a laser "parking sensor" by any chance? :whistling:

If it is, does it work well? Been thinking about getting one of these, interested to find out how you've got on with it if that's what it is (feel free to PM if you'd prefer)

The ISF has parking sensors front and rear plus the camera already. They are 2 vertical strips of white LEDs wire to the lights. Only put them on to make the car stand out from the front a little compared with IS220d and IS250 so after someone gets overtaken they might remember next time to move over a little quicker - seems to work quite well.

Thanks to all for the compliments on the car - i still amaze myself when I think that I own it !

• 4 months later...
I'm well chuffed. It's a Feb '09 in Arctic Pearl Metallic. It has 9700 miles on it and I got it for £38,950 which I think was a very good price. They threw in free gap insurance as well.

What a car. After four M3's, this is a bit of a departure for me. It was like driving a Playstation. When you open the throttle, the V8 absolutely roars. Amazing!

I pick it up Saturday morning and I can't bloody wait!!

DAMN, I envy you guys, the car taxes in Denmark makes cars like this completely out of reach for a normal employee (chemical engineer in my case). £38,950 I can almost pull directly out of my pockets BUT I checked the used car market and found only 1 used IS-F for sale in Denmark. Apr '08, 20000 miles and the price tag is £133,750 .... :shutit: :crybaby: But of course a lot cheaper than the price of a new IS-F £182,500 :crying:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links