Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Every time I read this forum it makes me smile.. :)

I have been on many forums and on most it's about unfortunate people with serious (engine)problems..

Here mosts topics are about (source from recent topics) upgrading Torque Converters, a question about brake pads, classic car insurance, lowering a Ls, someone about a key..etc..etc..

This proves how superiour a LS is compared to other (read lesser) makes.

Keep it up :)

25 views and none of them agree?? :(

You are preaching to the converted, old bean.

Why not post something saying that the LS is the noisiest, most unreliable, poorly made old heap you have ever owned - and then see how many replies you get !

I have a pal with a Jaguar and he loved to ring/email, to tell me about how he fixed the latest problem (he was merely 'firefighting'). He doesn't anymore, because I have become so unsympathtic.

Why not post something saying that the LS is the noisiest, most unreliable, poorly made old heap you have ever owned - and then see how many replies you get !

I have a pal with a Jaguar and he loved to ring/email, to tell me about how he fixed the latest problem (he was merely 'firefighting'). He doesn't anymore, because I have become so unsympathtic.

haha Jellybean..granted :)

Sorry for my ignorence:)

Deliberite-sic- mistake? As in 'ignorance'...... :whistling:

Good taste in cars though!

Deliberite-sic- mistake? As in 'ignorance'...... :whistling:

Good taste in cars though!

Ah yes Ignorance..my bad. I have an excuse though...I'm Dutch :shifty:

I've only had my LS a couple of weeks, and I have fallen for it. I like my luxury cars, and have had all sorts, but my last two caqrs were a Merc and a Jag. My 1990 model Merc was a good car-very reliable, but in 2.0 guise a bit slow off the mark. I sold it in 2007 when I bought my VW van and used that as it was a rolling restoration job, meaning the car satg doing nothing for months on end. At least i sold the Merc for a very tidy profit.

Didn't have a car for a while, the van sufficed, but then I needed a car where I could take 4 passengers, and for some reason thought a Jag would be ideal. It was not. It was unreliable-one problem after another, both minor and fairly major. I also found out that rear leg room isn't what I thought it would be. Within two months I had had enogh, and sold it for a fair loss.

I don't really know what made me think of an LS400. I have never driven a Lexus of any type before, but when i researched it via the web, I found nothing but good things about the marque, the LS in particular. Build quality is far above any other car I can afford. Mine has 221,000 miles on the clock-the interior (which is always the giveaway on high mileage cars) is unmarked-looks like the interior of a 30,000 mile car. The bolsters on the drivers seat are superb. Even my Merc seat had worn through here. The exterior is equally immaculate, bar the splitter on the front bumper being missing, but I'll sort that

The LS seems to be one of the best luxury cars you can buy on the used market, and prices are so low (compared with others with far less presence). Is the Lexus a secret that is just known to those in the know?

we have a Jag as well. The mrs drives a '89 XJ6. Nice car but totally not for me. I hardly fit it in it..lol I'm 6'6' and with the seat all the way back my knees are still at the steering wheel :D

We now also have a Cadillac Eldorado. My first American car. Again, it's a nice car but nothing compared to an Ls.

Too bad the Mrs won't let me sell the jag..I'd like to see nothing but Lexus on the drive :lol:

My LS400 is approaching it`s 20th birthday and have no intention of parting with it any time yet. Despite it`s age it never fails to impress me with it`s attitude on the road. Ultra reliable, I`d bet my life it would start against my other cars (one is an 08-plate). For years I thought I knew what a good car was until my introduction to a Lexus changed all that. As an example, at the last mot, it passed with no advisories.....19-years old and 170,000miles!!!! If this was any other forum, that would probably be a big LIE! Only now the build and quality is so apparent on these cars, they really did set out to make a superior car to anything around at the time and age is confirming that they did just that. I could write a page on the engine and drive train but it`s been said so many times before. 170K and the "coin balance act" can still be done!! Astounding!!

Cant say I love a Lexus as it`s unlike any car I`ve owned, I don't think it has a likeable personality, it`s a car I have much technical admiration for and marvel at Toyota`s accomplishments every time I turn the key.

Cant say I love a Lexus as it`s unlike any car I`ve owned, I don't think it has a likeable personality...

What ? I love my LS so much that sometimes, when nobody is looking, I give it a kiss.

Cant say I love a Lexus as it`s unlike any car I`ve owned, I don't think it has a likeable personality...

What ? I love my LS so much that sometimes, when nobody is looking, I give it a kiss.

:lol::lol:

They do seem to be a secret, bought by people who want a good car, rather than to be seen in a prestige vehicle. Mine is 17 years old, 170K miles, drives beautifully. I just could not afford an equivalent luxury car from another maker, and the LS is better, anyway!

I still get a buzz everytime I use it. especially as it runs on LPG!

It developed a faulty HT coil just after I bought it, which nocked my confidence in it a bit, but it has been faultless since (apart from a dribble problem from the power steering, and no, its not the usual gasket)

Lexus doesn't seem to have the presence of the other big 3 - Jag, Merc and Beemer - but thats fine by me, keeps the prices down.

I find it fairly anonymous. I've had mine a few months, but I love wafting around in it.

I have found myself getting excited about the 900 mile drive to France for our summer holiday - I think I need to get out more.

I am a totally different person in it - I drive my other car like I've stolen it, :yahoo::devil: whereas the lexus i drive like a chaufeur. :mellow:

I say lets keep the lex our own little secret.

I drive my Lex like I've stolen it :) or at least the fuel ...

Too be honest I bought my Lexus as it gave me the most for the least money. I've never had a bad gas guzzler really .. the following were all elderly and not especially pampered. I've always believed premium cars that older cars were least built down to a price. Lexus forced the other manufactures to do that! To that end I would be tempted by a MB W220 S550L what can I say .... the attraction of the Lex for me was its MB like look, although I would consider a LS430.

Jag XJ40 - bulb failure warnings, timing chain rattle

BMW E32 730 - No faults

RANGE ROVER 4.2 LSES x 2 - No faults

MB W126 560 SEL - leaked ATF, just topped it up periodically.

MB W150 S500L - minor rusting

BMW E32 750iL - minor rust to front wings

Jag XJS V12 - 1 spark plug helicoiled by p/o.

I find it fairly anonymous. I've had mine a few months, but I love wafting around in it.

I am a totally different person in it - I drive my other car like I've stolen it, :yahoo::devil: whereas the lexus i drive like a chaufeur. :mellow:

I say lets keep the lex our own little secret.

And i thought i was alone...... :D

I know there is always bigger, better & faster motors around, but the LS affected me like an addiction, and can honestly say its the 1st car i've ever loved :blush: and want to keep

I just find myself admiring the lines especially when I see someone else's.

Mine looks a bit tatty on one side due to a bump but the other side looks great.

Its the newest car I ever owned except for the Toyotas, but the best by far.

I've had a 1984 Cadillac Coupe de Ville, Mercs. 1978 450 Se, 1976 450 SEL 6.9, 1986 350SE, 1982 350 SL, 1985 BMW M 530, 1985 BMW 635Csi and an XK Jag 1984 (I think).

All my other cars have been Toyota Cresidas 1986.1989 New and Camry's 1998 New . 1999 New - (LS200 base?) along with the 1982 Mazda 323, 1976 Crysler New Yorker(WOW) 1951 Ford Pop, VW camper vans 57,62,67,86. Commer van, Austin 3 1/2 cwt Pick up. Fiat 124 estate. The Lexus is easily the best.

The Crysler was the most ridiculous. The Csi was the flashest and the 6.9 the most prestigious.

It was in Saudi Arabia so petrol no problem 20p a gallon. Very fast for the size of it but badly rusting away. All parts horrendously expensive. Hydraulic doors air suspension and pumps!!! very long too. We did 125 in it one trip out, pretty scary with chunks of wood and all sorts in the road on the way to Medina.

The Cadilac had the alloy engine and it was just never right, the mechanics only understood the cast iron ones. It lasted me a week. The headlining fell on me and it was just like riding in rice pudding, no feel, and the A/C had no ooomph. <_<

• 1 month later...

Hahahaha!! Very funny!! I'm worried about you!!

But I'd probably do the same if no one was looking...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links