Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Holiday Advice

el_gencer

Hi,

I haven't been but would like to I guess Tokyo is the place to visit and a ride on the Bullet train.

My cars is a personal import and I did find some Yen under the seat ( worth about 10p!)

Sorry can't really help just being polite by replying.

I find a look on Tripadvisor.com gives reviews on hotels and the areas you may want to visit.

I wouldn't mention the fact you may bring some Lexus parts back on here, you may find a large request list appearing! lol

Anyway if you do go, lets us know and get some nice pictures to post up.

i hear it is very expensive over there at present due to the bad exchange rates !

car parts can actually be cheaper over here :crying:

although they do have the rare and hard to get bits over there

Like my Fender Pole!!! :D

Been to Tokyo twice now. Depends what your going for and looking to do. If you go to Tokyo and you want to go to bars and clubs then Roppongi, Shibuya and Shinjuku are the places to go. Like mentioned previously the exchange rate is crap at the mo....so you wont get a lot for your money. If you want gadgets then go to Akhiabra. All the places on the main strip are full of gadgets. But beware most of the really interesting stuff will not work in the UK. And the stuff that works in the UK is nearly the same price as it is here. With regards to car parts, remember the Is200 is known as the Altezza in Japan. So you need to go to Toyota to get parts. Bit difficult in Tokyo, but more easier outside of Tokyo like Yokohama etc. When i went the 1st time the exchange rate was good so i bought myself the full arm rest kit from Lexus Japan, but i had to take someone with me who spoke Japanese and i had to take a list of part numbers so the correct stuff was ordered. I was lucky as i was out on work there so i took a guy i worked with with me.

Well if you wanna know any more, give me a shout. But one thing i will say, Japan is the nuts mate!!!! You wont be dissapointed when you go, just hope your ambitious with your food.....

thanks guys. i'm just off as i need a holiday, it's more of an adventure thing really. gadgets are high on my list so a trip to Akhiabra is going to be on the cards. shame the exchange rate is so pants, i wouldn't have minded getting myself an arm rest or some toms/trd parts. having said that i'd probably get done in customs when coming back, i seem to the have no end of bad luck re-entering blighty.

how is it for english over there ? am i going to have to put my japanese lessons to the test ?

Well as its japan, most will only speak japanese, but mate you can get by. If you go to western places to eat the they both have english and japanese on the menu. You will be fine, and will love it....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links