Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Extended Warranty

Hiya,

Very happy with my car so far, it's dealer warranty is going to run out in a few weeks time. I've got a renewal for £680 for the next year, can spread it over 10 months so the price isn't a problem... but is it worth it?

I know that it includes RAC cover, that's over £100, I guess it'll be peace of mind rather than anything really.. wanted to know what your thoughts were?

I've got an 04 IS 200.

It's had a few problems in the past - replaced Battery, water pump replaced and key fob Battery replaced by the garage... just this morning I couldn't get the darn thing to start, may be the starter motor or Battery again... considering these problems in the past, do you think it's worth the extra bucks onto of the road tax, mot, insurance and sky rocketing fuel costs at the moment?

Many thanks,

Uzzi

I wouldn't- failed Battery and waterpump are 'wear and tear' items in my book. Its not like the gearbox has failed.

Personally, I'd stick the £680 into a ISA and use a local garage (instead of Lexus) to carry out repairs to your IS200. Also shop around for cheaper breakdown cover.

I wouldn't- failed battery and waterpump are 'wear and tear' items in my book. Its not like the gearbox has failed.

Personally, I'd stick the £680 into a ISA and use a local garage (instead of Lexus) to carry out repairs to your IS200. Also shop around for cheaper breakdown cover.

u cant go wrong with that lexus warranty its fantastic value for money

I wouldn't- failed battery and waterpump are 'wear and tear' items in my book. Its not like the gearbox has failed.

Hiya,

Very happy with my car so far, it's dealer warranty is going to run out in a few weeks time. I've got a renewal for £680 for the next year, can spread it over 10 months so the price isn't a problem... but is it worth it?

I know that it includes RAC cover, that's over £100, I guess it'll be peace of mind rather than anything really.. wanted to know what your thoughts were?

I've got an 04 IS 200.

It's had a few problems in the past - replaced battery, water pump replaced and key fob battery replaced by the garage... just this morning I couldn't get the darn thing to start, may be the starter motor or battery again... considering these problems in the past, do you think it's worth the extra bucks onto of the road tax, mot, insurance and sky rocketing fuel costs at the moment?

Many thanks,

Uzzi

I would say no.....battery problem aside(my 53 plate is still on original and i hardly use the car) Im struggling to say that I have ever seen a post relating to a faulty starter motor on an IS200 or much else that would cause me to spend £680 (havent searched so may be wrong :whistling: )

Get the RAC cover for peace of mind, water pump is normal or usually precautionary when changing cam belt..key fob Battery are you serious :winky:

That's no problems. Wear n tear parts.

Thanks for the info guys. I do know of a pretty good mechanic locally that used guys who used to work on Toyota and Lexus cars, so I'm sure that I know where to go to for any problems.

However, I keep thinking it's less than £2 a day to have it fully covered... mmmm.... You guys are the best with giving real honest answers so I'll take your word for it.

I love my car so much that I think I'd want to cover it as a precautionary measure, but if the majority of posts say nay, then nay it will be :)

if you have the extra spare cash and are not going to go out of your way to keep up with the monthly payments ontop of other expenses...i say go for because you never no when your car might take a turn for the worst.

my previous car a toyota corolla 1.4 2002, had a gear box failure...and cost me £££s...that was only a few months out of warrenty.

i know japanese cars are known for reliabilty but it also depends on your luck with cars.

if you have the cash go for it mate. :)

I would get the Lexus Warranty. As you say, the RAC cover would cost a fair bit and covers you and partner in any car (even if a passenger)

If you then say the warranty has cost say £580 it wouldn't take much to rack up a bill for that amount.

Quick edit ....As far as I know the warranty will only pay up to a maximum of the price you paid for the car so that is something to bear in mind.

I would get the Lexus Warranty. As you say, the RAC cover would cost a fair bit and covers you and partner in any car (even if a passenger)

If you then say the warranty has cost say £580 it wouldn't take much to rack up a bill for that amount.

Quick edit ....As far as I know the warranty will only pay up to a maximum of the price you paid for the car so that is something to bear in mind.

your better of with the lexus cover for other thing that could go wrong i had it for 5 years and it was worth its weight in gold

Hiya,

I've got an 04 IS 200.

It's had a few problems in the past - replaced battery, water pump replaced and key fob battery replaced by the garage... just this morning I couldn't get the darn thing to start, may be the starter motor or battery again... considering these problems in the past, do you think it's worth the extra bucks onto of the road tax, mot, insurance and sky rocketing fuel costs at the moment?

Many thanks,

Uzzi

Hi I have just purchased the Extended Warranty from Lexus, $2000 AUD, I bit the bullet, as the service guy said if your mirrors stop working thats a $$$ right there, and cost is about $1600 AUD per side for example. By the way I have just had the Right Shock replaced ( Under Warranty ) and ball Joints were covered as well, so I reakon Im getting my moneys worth. my 2 cents

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links