Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

12v Power Outlet Under The Centre Arm Rest

Hello All, still enjoying my 1st week of IS250 ownership. My question is has anyone found a suitable 12V power adaptor than can be used in the centre console under the armrest without interfering with the slide mechanism? I would like to use it for an MP3 player or mobile phone charge. It would appear to be next to useless looking at the chunky adaptors in the shops.

Many thanks.

I found a four way adaptor with a short plug that fits withour fouling the arm rest.

I was then able to plug anything into the adaptor side with no problem (even ran a USB cable to the glove compartment for a phone charger).

Having tantilised you, I'm not sure where I bought it - have a feeling that it was Halfords - worth having a scan of their shelves.

Hello All, still enjoying my 1st week of IS250 ownership. My question is has anyone found a suitable 12V power adaptor than can be used in the centre console under the armrest without interfering with the slide mechanism? I would like to use it for an MP3 player or mobile phone charge. It would appear to be next to useless looking at the chunky adaptors in the shops.

Many thanks.

This is the one I used for my iPod before I had the Lexus integrated unit fitted. I purchased it from the apple shop but Halfrauds do similar that allow the central armrest to close and slide.

ipodp.jpg

I have looked online and have just ordered this so will let you know if any good.

TeckNet WF-0096 3 Ways Car Cigarette Lighter Charger Adapter With One USB jack - Black.

It's only a fiver so worth a go and the cable routes off to the three charger ports and USB port so should fit under the armrest.

Thanks.

The marvels of eBay they had plenty on there when i brought mine about 6months ago think i paid about £5 for a 3 way addaptor with a stumpy plug that has been pretty much spot on didnt really want it for the 3 way thing but it has come in useful from time to time

Just to add that the TeckNet WF-0096 3 Ways Car Cigarette Lighter Charger Adapter With One USB jack - Black did the job and the arm rest cover can be closed even using a non stumpy Nokia 12V charger. Result and all bought on amazon. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Bought a new Nokia six months ago which now have a smaller jack plug. The cigar lighter power lead is a stubby one that fits with plenty of room to shut the lid likewise the power lead from my tom tom.

Hi Exiled, do you have the model number of the Nokia charger you have? The only one i can find is one which looks too big to fit in the armrest socket with out stopping the lid from closing

Thanks

Bought a new Nokia six months ago which now have a smaller jack plug. The cigar lighter power lead is a stubby one that fits with plenty of room to shut the lid likewise the power lead from my tom tom.

Hi Exiled, do you have the model number of the Nokia charger you have? The only one i can find is one which looks too big to fit in the armrest socket with out stopping the lid from closing

Thanks

I wonder if on the 2009 Is the aux and 12v point sit lower in the centre armrest?

In answer to your question. In view of the fact that I now need two, due to the imminent new arrival, I was passing Carphone Warehouse a couple of weeks ago so called in and bought another for the exorbitant price of £14.99. Sure you can get one cheaper. I asked for one for my Nokia 2630, unfortunately I no longer have the packaging and the receipt does not detail any relevant info. However, it has a smaller jack plug than my previous phone. so just take your phone along and you should get fixed up. The markings on it are as follows,

CE, e1, 022281, For NK-6101/N70/N71/N80/N90

It looks just like the one pictured and labelled KONDOR in Wozza's post, like that one the contact points are gold coloured.

Hope that helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links