Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Keyed My Lexus !

you could try a good cutting compound or if some one on here has a buff and is close to you mibbi they could come and give your car a buff to take the key mark out??

come on peeps help the man out??

hey ! just got home from work and found that some t**t has keyed my car from front to back on the drivers side. what a complete t**t ! it dosen,t seem very deep so does anyone know what i could use to hopefully polish it out ! thanx for any help !

your quite lucky yours isnt deep! mine is sooo deep the KEY marks are down to the PRIME! i have grey marks all round my car, bonnet,wings etc....

hope things work out for you and as for these SCUM BAGS THEY ALL NEED TO BE KEYED IN THE FACE WITH A KNIFE!! SEE HOW THEY LIKE THAT!!!

I had my car's bonnet done so deep it gouged the metal. It was done in several places. It took a respray costing £760 to fix for which I had to pay £250 excess. Some people behave like scum.

hey ! just got home from work and found that some t**t has keyed my car from front to back on the drivers side. what a complete t**t ! it dosen,t seem very deep so does anyone know what i could use to hopefully polish it out ! thanx for any help !

your quite lucky yours isnt deep! mine is sooo deep the KEY marks are down to the PRIME! i have grey marks all round my car, bonnet,wings etc....

hope things work out for you and as for these SCUM BAGS THEY ALL NEED TO BE KEYED IN THE FACE WITH A KNIFE!! SEE HOW THEY LIKE THAT!!!

couldn,t agree more !!!! i,d love to catch them doing it ! does anyone have a brand of cutting compound to recommend ? i,ll try that before insurance, coz that,ll mean losing my no claims !!!! plus the excess ! first time this has ever happened to me !

I had my car's bonnet done so deep it gouged the metal. It was done in several places. It took a respray costing £760 to fix for which I had to pay £250 excess. Some people behave like scum.

what,s wrong with some people ? are they jealous ? i,ve worked hard to be able to get my lexus !!!!

what,s wrong with some people ? are they jealous ? i,ve worked hard to be able to get my lexus !!!!

i despise people like! really nasty piece of work! i got a call from the place where there was cctv and if i found out who the two lads are that vandalised my car....then things are going to turn nasty!

i've worked hard myselft aswell to get to the position that i am in now and what hurts the most is that the car was vandalised 2 weeks after i had bought it! if it was a few months down the line then i would have felt less angry about it!

Not to sure on the make but i paid £10 for a small tin.

Used it when i had my car 4 days and went seeing my nan in Hospital, went back to the carpark and a red car had reversed and left all his paint down the bottom half of my car and straight across my alloy, the compound got it off my paint work but not off my alloy...luckely they didnt dint the bodywork.

let us know how you get on pal!

yeh will do ! gonna have a go this weekend, bit busy in work to do it before !

This is going to sound strange. Get a tin of Duraglit brass polish - its in wadding in a tin. Work in smallish circles and clean off with a soft dry cloth after taking excess off with a tissue. The reason it is good is that you can see through it as you work so as not to cut too deep. It is also not too harsh and leaves a shine like a mirror. If you want to use something even less harsh - the silver polish from the same makers.

If the scratches have gone through the lacquer layer though, the only solution is to treat the paint with large amounts of money. Someone squeezed by my IS 200LE in a car park when it was just 3 days out of the show-room. I think their belt did the damage that £570 repaired!

• 1 month later...
just had the lexus repaired. changed place to have it done after recommendation. was £300. looks like new tho but money shouldn,t of had to spend !

i know how you feel, my car got keyed all over, bonnet, both wings, every door pannel etc... cost me £500 to get it repaired and now my car is like brand new! :)

ive always been paranoid about going to the supermarket that ive decided to park away from the congested spaces. The reason behind that is so that i know idiots who open the car door without thinking dont dent my car and again less chance of people belts or other hanging metal bits dont damage the paint work. One day all houses should have HD CCTV camera installed so that people can be caught in the act and quite possible be dis couraged on doing needless vandalism

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links