Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bleeping When Engine Is Turned Off

these really are broad guesses, but.....

have you accidentally put your lights to on rather than auto?

are you leaving it in D or is it DEFINATELY going into Park? That always used to bleep on my dad's Merc if it wasn't properly in "P"

Is a door slightly open?

Is a window slightly open?

Is bonnet/boot switch not working properly? (any of these will show up on dash to say that something is open)

like i say.....these really are broad broad guesses, but just a thought for you !

Hope it helps

Hi

Thanks for the replys

No i dont think it comes from the engine, it seems to come form inside the car somewhere???

No warning lights appear on the dash telling me anything is wrong, and the car is in good health. its just this irritating noise.??

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I think i know the answer to your question. We heard the same noise in our LS and had no idea what it was........................

we thought it was something going wrong with the alarm or radio but it is inside the noise and it lets you know when the sunroof is not closed.

Paul :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

I have a 95 LS400 and I think I have the same problem you described. After the engine is turned off, there has been this intermittant humming sounce that will last a few minutes. This on and off humming sound will have a 3-5 second duration. I can never figure out what was causing this under the hood.

Is this what you are talking about?

:question:

When I leave my Sunroof open, take the key out of the ignition, the bleeping sound is more like a watch alarm and it coming from the passanger side foot-well.

If the windows are left open, then the alarm flashs 3 times on the indicators to let me know the ultra-sonics are set to microwave rather than convental whwn the windows are up.

Paul

Have you solved that problrem? :huh:

I have the same thing going on with my car, so please let me know what it was. :question:

Does it sound like a watch alarm going off, will only last about 10 seconds - if so, it's the warning alarm telling U that your Sunroof is open, on mine the bleeper is located on the passenger side under the clove box

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links