Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Very Clean 94 Ls400 On Ebay!

it looks very clean for sure. I wonder what it will sell for? Only 2hr left to go so we'll find out soon...

Clearly the engine bay has been cleaned...what are they hiding? :rolleyes:

it looks very clean for sure. I wonder what it will sell for? Only 2hr left to go so we'll find out soon...

Exactly what I was thinking... it's not an "honest" engine.

that said I cant really imagine there being much wrong apart from maybe power steering fluid spraying everywhere... probably just cleaned it up to make it more appealing.

but then again it IS eBay... where you sell stuff your mates wont even buy.

Exactly what I was thinking... it's not an "honest" engine.

that said I cant really imagine there being much wrong apart from maybe power steering fluid spraying everywhere... probably just cleaned it up to make it more appealing.

but then again it IS eBay... where you sell stuff your mates wont even buy.

I dont agree with that , Ive had some blinding deals off of eBay, I found there are more rouges on Autotrader & Gumtree.

If you ask the right questions on eBay & the item isnt as described you dont have to buy. My ls came off there & my previous 2 also 3 motorcycles. All below trade price & all in good condition.

Just because an engine bay is clean doesn't necessarily mean something is amiss,with the splashguard fitted and a quick wipe around they can look impressive.

lexusstarter017.jpg

Wow, is that the engine in question?

That is spanking clean, almost new looking. Very good for flea-bay

I had mine cleaned to find 'that p/s leak', but no way is it as mint as that. My engine block has slight discrepancies, errr, well go on then, yeah it has slight corrosion due to excessive heat levels...all metal does it :unsure: you know, a bit like the wheels end up.....

That engine and a good history would be a top selling point (except the beige colour...sorry)

Just because an engine bay is clean doesn't necessarily mean something is amiss,with the splashguard fitted and a quick wipe around they can look impressive.

lexusstarter017.jpg

I had mine cleaned to find 'that p/s leak', but no way is it as mint as that. My engine block has slight discrepancies, errr, well go on then, yeah it has slight corrosion due to excessive heat levels...all metal does it :unsure: you know, a bit like the wheels end up.....

That engine and a good history would be a top selling point (except the beige colour...sorry)

Think that's Steve2006's shiny engine bay he posted a pic of rather than the one that was on Fleabay :winky:

When i sold my mk2 golf to buy the lexus the engine bay was immaculate as i did show the car in VW circles . So a clean bay may just mean the owner was a enthusiast (or had OCD lol) but its not nesessarily hiding something.

I bought my LS of eBay 2 years ago , bid my amount and went to work. A mate rang me to say id won it and 7 days later i jumped on the train and went to swansea to pick it up. I live in plyomuth. I did research it with the trader first and apart from a good service its been fine and im now converted and will be looking to upgarde in the new year. So it is possible to buy a decent car of eBay. Its just being careful i guess.

steve

lexusstarter017.jpg

I hope you didnt have your engine steam cleaned ( to many electrical bits & bobs on modern cars the water gets in everywhere causing future problems)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links