Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Or Manual

IZZZY

Hi All,

just wondered...what is everyones preference between Auto or Manual..

i have a manual and i must admit the ride is kinda 'rough' - i guess this is partly cos of the 17s and sports suspension but i hear from friends who have Auto's the ride quality in an Auto is much better..?

thoughts guys?

cheers

LOL

I had a manual 5 or 6 years ago, loved it. I had a RX300 auto 2 years ago Loved it, I have a IS 200 auto now loving it.

it depends on your mood mate.

YES Maunal is a bit rough, auto is super smoth bit slower, but much easier cos you can just set the speed and go.

1st time I was driving the IS Auto from london back to B'ham, it was effortless, set on 90 and felt got home in half hour. Brilliant.....

Hi All,

just wondered...what is everyones preference between Auto or Manual..

i have a manual and i must admit the ride is kinda 'rough' - i guess this is partly cos of the 17s and sports suspension but i hear from friends who have Auto's the ride quality in an Auto is much better..?

thoughts guys?

cheers

you have a sport so it has slightly lower suspension their for slightly stiffer suspension you cant get a sport in an auto their for slightly softer suspension and a slightly better ride.

There are plenty of times an auto would be nice, especially having cruise control as I do most of my driving on motorways. But autos bore me after a while. When a nice country road with plenty of nice bends is in front of me I want to be in control of the gears.

I had my 200 SE manual since 2006 and loved it but always really wanted the auto. Just changed to a 2004 SE auto 3 weeks ago and I am loving the auto. Occasionally, when I'm on a nice twisty B road I wish I still had the manual but overall I much prefer the auto.

Dave.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links