Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Head Unit

I went down this route too

found that non of the adapters will work as the head unit in the IS200 does not have a volume control but it's more a gain control

for the car's built in amp

if you were to replace the amp and speakers you'll be ok

but it does not look good if you want to keep everything as standard and use a different head unit :(

nice Dark, this is what im getting for my IS..

7998big_1.jpg

Alpine CDA-7998R Pantom Face Head unit, and it going to match up with the Alpine TME-M790 7" Screen, hopefully getting them all in by Augest with the rest of ICE install..... :D :D :D :D :D

Yep-the adapter from the alpine plug to the factory loom will bypass any onboard amp setup in your car-the factory speakers wil then become powered by the new Alpine head unit,and will most prob sound a whole heap better!

My Alpine H/U is 60 watts(rms) and the factory speakers sound great provided you filter out some of the bottom end frequency,they'll sound extremely crisp and tight with the extra power they will be recieving,I have mine crossed at 120hz and up,and they punch hard!

All the best wth your install,can't wait to see the pics.

regards,

gav.

Your original headunit for your car doesn't have an amp so that cable should work. I have it in mine and it was a simple case of plug in and let the music play.

Was it much of a job rewiring the speakers from the standard amp to the back of the head unit?

nice Dark, this is what im getting for my IS..

7998big_1.jpg

Alpine CDA-7998R Pantom Face Head unit, and it going to match up with the Alpine TME-M790 7" Screen, hopefully getting them all in by Augest with the rest of ICE install..... :D :D :D :D :D

Thought about getting that one but decided on the 9813 due to the inbuilt amp - I've got subs and an amps for the subs but was going to wait a while before chaning the main speakers and amps so thought its best to get a head unit with an amp for now.

Yep-the adapter from the alpine plug to the factory loom will bypass any onboard amp setup in your car-the factory speakers wil then become powered by the new Alpine head unit,and will most prob sound a whole heap better!

My Alpine H/U is 60 watts(rms) and the factory speakers sound great provided you filter out some of the bottom end frequency,they'll sound extremely crisp and tight with the extra power they will be recieving,I have mine crossed at 120hz and up,and they punch hard!

All the best wth your install,can't wait to see the pics.

regards,

gav.

I've ordered the cable, hope to post pics when everything arrives and is installed. I'm planning on making my own install (bought some MDF this weekend) so be prepared for it to all go horribly wrong followed by a trip to SQ+!

did you order a faceplate for your car keiron?

yep, ordered and received the one from SQ+ - wanted to see what the quality is like, post pics etc. the unit is all plastic and comes from the US (for an IS300 really), quality seems ok although not great - the colour doesn't really match the dash colour - i've seen pictures of simons install and it seems to be the same but i'm not certain. once i've installed everything i might think about changing for another brand (if there's anything better)

mine does not match.. the faceplats is dappled as the rest is smooth finish... but once the stereo is in your hardly notice it.

what amp are you going for mate?

mine does not match.. the faceplats is dappled as the rest is smooth finish... but once the stereo is in your hardly notice it.

what amp are you going for mate?

exactly the same problem - can't believe it would be difficult to match the fascia but never mind - hopefully not too noticeable like you said. install will be: (to be built over quite a long time probably - not all coming at once) - may change stuff that haven't bought yet - so far i've got the subs, power cap, Battery and 1 x 1801DQ

2 x AudioBahn AWT12X

linearCompression.jpg

2 x AudioBahn 1801DQ (only got 1 so far)

classDImage.jpg

Focal Utopia Components:

165w.jpg

6 x 9's

Not sure at the moment

2 x AudioBahn A2801T (not bought yet)

classAB_2.jpg

1 x AudioBahn ACAP10Q

ACAP10Q.jpg

Optima Yellow Top Battery

Custom made enclosures

Nice , Very Nice Keiron, ( hope i get your name right, just dont want to keep calling you Dark, heheh), it going to be great whenyou get it all done

Pretty close (Keiran)!

Hope to have something at JAE but don't hold your breath - I bought the speakers, amp and cap before last years JAE and they are still at home taking up space!

Hope to have something at JAE but don't hold your breath - I bought the speakers, amp and cap before last years JAE and they are still at home taking up space!

Lol you should see my Alpine Screen, been in the house for a year now, and still in the box...hehe

Nice headunit pal....... what you putting in the other slot......?  <_<

Probably the ApexI RSM - its in lots of little pieces at the moment while I plan what to do with it!

oh yes - i remember you saying at japfest....... should be cool..... can't wait to see it at JAPS........ ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links