Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi

i bought my 55 plate SE-L in April, and in July it needed 4 new tires, and front discs and pads. after the change i started getting slight shuddering through the entire car when i go above 50mph. i thought maybe the wheels hadn't been balanced properly so took it to another company and had them balanced again, but it was still there. i had all 4 wheels refurbed about a month ago and they balanced them again and it is still there. i don't feel it through the steering wheel though. i then thought maybe it was pressures, so i bought a digital pump, and check the pressures almost every day now but it makes no difference. It also seems to be worse when the car is cold and i accelerate a little harder, like entering a motorway etc.

i don't think it is the brakes as it is there all the time, and doesn't get worse when i brake.

any ideas before i take it to Lexus?

cheers

Did they balance ALL 4 tyres and wheels?????as some cowboys only do the front!!!!...although rear imbalance usualy affects you thro the seat of yiour pants at around 70...not 50.

Did they also check out the tyre runout which can be bad even on new tyres!!!!

Did they balance ALL 4 tyres and wheels?????as some cowboys only do the front!!!!...although rear imbalance usualy affects you thro the seat of yiour pants at around 70...not 50.

Hi

Thanks for answering the post :)

they definitely balanced all 4 wheels - i watched them do it. But what is tire run out??? all i know about is balancing and geometry???

cheers

Hi

Thanks for answering the post :)

they definitely balanced all 4 wheels - i watched them do it. But what is tire run out??? all i know about is balancing and geometry???

cheers

Runout is how true the tyre is at its outside tread ...if you like ...spin the wheeel fast and see if it goes in and out as it turns.This can be a malformed tyre from new .I have had this once on a brand new Bridgstone Potenza 040 and gave a similar symptom ....not all tyre balancers check for it!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links