Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cant Get Black Chrome Headlight

Damn, just got a phone call from Lexus Leeds, they say that the Black Chrome Headlight i ordered wont be here at all, cause Lexus UK say it is not Legal to use those Headlight in the UK, so Lexus Leeds cant get it for me now, it this true? so where did you guys get your from? any information will help...thank

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: :( :angry::angry: :( :( :( :sad::sad:

Having read that post, I just checked on the order status I had through Lexus Croydon... guess what - they've also been 'unordered' by Lexus GB too :o :sad::crybaby::angry: :megaangry:

Gunna have to import them too now... :shutit: :tsktsk:

I'm confused???  :duh:

Why are they illegal??

Maybe the light spread is configured for left-hand drive?

...just speculation... :unsure:

But there from Japan.... and their cars are RHD too???? :unsure::blink::unsure:fish.gif

Think the reason is those Black Chrome Headlight dont have Leveling ( if i say this right ) and make it Illegal over here...

They don't have the electric leveling... but neither do Fiesta's!!!

You can manually adjust the lights... just like almost every other car on the UK roads.

Then i have no idea why they are Illegal over here....CRY CRY CRY :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Niether do I... My car was at the dealer last week, and all he said was 'nice lights' and 'where did you get them'.

I very much doubt that they are illegal, as they are a standard fit, and have absolutley no 'real' changes over the UK spec ones...

Think the reason is those Black Chrome Headlight dont have Leveling ( if i say this right ) and make it Illegal over here...

They don't have the electric leveling... but neither do Fiesta's!!!

You can manually adjust the lights... just like almost every other car on the UK roads.

O yes they do, All Fords have been fitted with headlight adjustment switch Since 1999MY. If fact all cars sold new in the UK since that date should have Electric leveling. I will find out the exact date tomorrow when I'm back at work.

Legal Requirement, headlights must have electrical adjustment switch (4 different positions) is the norm, If you don't have this fitted then when it comes to your MOT, you will be issued with a FAILURE ticket.

Trouble is.. you guys have been chatting about these in public and now Lexus see these are becoming a fashion item

because they are illegal they are placing a stop on all orders.

this is the reason for the gold forums.. if you are getting discount on these parts then i sugest you chat about these products on the gold forums where members of Lexus (GB) cannot read your posts.

Legal Requirement, headlights must have electrical adjustment switch (4 different positions) is the norm, If you don't have this fitted then when it comes to your MOT, you will be issued with a FAILURE ticket.

Oh :tsktsk:

What to do??? :unsure::unsure:

Oh :tsktsk:

What to do??? :unsure::unsure:

Find a blind MOT man,

You might be right for UK spec cars, but for my Altezza, which has 'manual' lights anyway, mine passed MOT without any problems... (well apart from slightly high emissions, but they let that fly :winky: :whistling:)

i would see what happens.. hope you have not bunged your old lights mate!

No.... still got them...

It's just they look the D's B's.... so choices are:

1. Change back to standard and sell JDM...

2. Carry on with them, knowing what I now know, changing them back for MOT?

I really don't like the idea of driving around with illegal lights on :unsure:

i would see what happens.. hope you have not bunged your old lights mate!

No.... still got them...

It's just they look the D's B's.... so choices are:

1. Change back to standard and sell JDM...

2. Carry on with them, knowing what I now know, changing them back for MOT?

I really don't like the idea of driving around with illegal lights on :unsure:

not illegal for me :winky: :whistling:

But they look soooooooooooooooooooo good

you are right, they look cool B)

i would just leave them on until MOT time then swap them over

as for driving illegally as long as they are adjusted right cant see a problem

i have carried different loads and never thought about adjusting them

then destroy this post so that no one knows what you have done :ph34r:

Trouble is.. you guys have been chatting about these in public and now Lexus see these are becoming a fashion item

because they are illegal they are placing a stop on all orders.

this is the reason for the gold forums.. if you are getting discount on these parts then i sugest you chat about these products on the gold forums where members of Lexus (GB) cannot read your posts.

Maybe, but I think it's also more like Lexus GB trying to stop grey imports.

Given they are Toyota parts with a Toyota part number, might it be worth trying to order them through Toyota? Would a Toyota dealer still give us discount? :unsure:

OK - CAN EVERYONE CALM DOWN. :angry:

Flippin heck - I honestly don't know where you get your info from. Try BACKING your information up with related subject matter material that is "FACTUAL".

First and foremost - these lights are NOT illegal because of aim at all. I cannot believe anyone on this forum has not owned a car without electric adjustment. There are cars still being produced today that don't have electric levelling. It is not law (I have found the lighting regulation pages below), and it certainly isn't required for MOT purposes. Second of all, your MOT requires your beam to be angled in a particular fashion. I am not going to go in to detail on this - but I will give you a link to an MOT Manual, and regulations and you can read them to your hearts content. Thirdly, I am not sure if they carry an approval mark or a British Standard mark, which is the only thing they COULD fail you for, but I have yet to ever come across a tester who has checked every light unit on my car for these symbols (and imports don't have them, so how do they pass?). Also, they have a section for headlamps WITHOUT these symbols and I have pulled out some info for you below covering this...

Some Highlights:

Alignment-

When a vehicle is at its kerbside weight and has a weight of 75 kg on the driver's seat, and any manual headlamp levelling device control is set to the stop position, the alignment of every dipped-beam headlamp shall, as near as practicable, be as follows:

(a) In the case of a vehicle having a maximum speed exceeding 25 mph-

(i) If the dipped-beam headlamp bears an approval mark its aim shall be set so that the horizontal part of the cut-off of the beam pattern is inclined downwards as indicated by the vehicle manufacturer in a marking on the vehicle, as mentioned in sub-paragraph 12( B ) or, where no such marking is provided-

(A) 1.3 per cent if the height of the centre of the headlamp is not more than 850 mm above the ground, or

( B ) 2 per cent if the height of the centre of the headlamp is more than 850 mm above the ground;

(ii) If the dipped-beam headlamp does not bear an approval mark and the headlamp can also be used as a main-beam headlamp its aim shall be set so that the centre of the main-beam pattern is horizontal or inclined slightly below the horizontal;

(iii) If the dipped-beam headlamp does not bear an approval mark and the headlamp cannot also be used as a main-beam headlamp its aim shall be set so as not to cause undue dazzle or discomfort to other persons using the road;

On a final note, Si Skippy (who previously had these lights) got his lights straightened up at his local MOT station and there were NO PROBLEMS AT ALL.

MOT MANUAL LINK SECTION 1.6 HEADLAMP AIM

Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations (There are 4 Pages)

Zee.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links