Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hids4u Ant-glare Hid Kit

flyeris

Hi to all other fellow buyers of this kit,

I have fitted mine a few days ago - tested it in night time and it seems to make a major difference in lighting, however, I have some thoughts regarding it. When driving, I noticed that the beam is concentrated in the middle. The ceramic covering material is situated on the bottom of the bulb, however, the dip light bulb once fitted in the headlight stays with 45 angle. Shouldn't it be fitted like this - horizontally (photo from other car) - so that it blocks the light going upwards?

c70c400c.jpg

Fitted in Lexus:

photord.jpg

Mechanics of reflector type headlight:

828-misconceptions-about-hid-projectors-headlight_reflector_optics_schematic.png

Ye the ceramic should be on the bottom of the bulb. Without the ceramic the light from the bottom of the bulb bounces up via the bottom of the headlight and gives of a glare. Doesnt really matter which way round the wire is on the back as long as the ceramic is on the botom of the bulb when in the headlight.

• 1 month later...
Yeah you're absolutely right, this is something I'm hoping there is a way to fix but so far haven't found a way to do it.

Is there a major difference in side lighting compared to your previous HID kit? I wonder what should be the most reasonable choice. Ordering another set of HID bulbs is quite expensive :whistling:

Mine is definitely an improvement, as there is a cleaner cut-off than before but if there is a way to get the bulb "straight" then it'll be perfect.

I'll be sticking with these bulbs personally as there's much less glare.

Is it the moulding of the bulb fitment that is preventing the it to slot in straight? Have you put it up against a bulb that does fit straight to compare the thread or moulding?

When I got my HID kit my bulbs wouldnt make the full 45 degree turn because the o-ring supplied was too thick....I swapped the o-rings for the ones on my halogen bulbs and hey presto....slotted in nicely :-D

Just a thought?

Yeah its exactly that, the bulb is designed to work best when the wire is pointing right down (6 o clock) but in the IS, when the bulb is clicked in place the wire is at about 4 o clock so isn't in the optimal position.

The solution would be to somehow turn the whole housing, but that doesn't appear to be possible, or at least a simple thing to do.

havent seen these bulbs but I am thinking of getting them....reluctant to pay £90 for a pair if they dont work to their optimum ability.

HIDs 4 U claim to manufacture the bulbs on site......has anyone raised this issue with them?

Will the bulb not swivvle in its moulding.....perhaps that would break it? I dunno.....i feel your frustration :-(

Yep I've been in touch with HIDs4U and other than them telling me that the wire should point downwards, they weren't able to offer any further help. The actual bulb can't rotate in its housing, but there must be a way to adjust it on the actual headlamp - hopefully someone can figure it out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links