Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soon-to-be Is250 Auto Owner!

Hi Guys,

Last month i posted a topic with a satnav query as i was in the market for a 2006 220d. First of all, thanks to all who posted a reply, but thanks also to those who convinced me to consider the 250 Auto!

Yesterday i put a holding deposit on a Nov 2005 IS250 auto SE Multimedia 49k miles for £13k, and will be viewing the car at Sytner Lexus Milton Keynes on saturday. I have picked up on the forum about the known issue on some cars with a dashboard rattle, but please could you let me know if there are any other known issues that i should look for, or any recalls that i need to make sure have been carried out.

Also, what are your comments on a 2005 model? - i realise this is one of the earlier models so are there problems that may have been rectified on later cars?

Thanks for reading and i look forward to any replies!

Hi

i have a Jan 2006 se-l and in addition to the dash rattle (easily solved by pushing some foam or sponge down between the windscreen and the dash), i had to get them to adjust the passenger seat as it was rattling, and in the summer the rear window can rattle when it's been left in the sun. i did have a rattle or rather a creak from the driver's door, but putting some silicon spray on the door rubbers solved that.

other than those, the car is awesome, and i can't recommend it highly enough. i am sure you will be very pleased with it

I've a 2009 so can't comment on the 2005 other than to say some owners have had the odd squeek and rattle here and there, though there seems to be a fix for them all.

If you're having a drive of it on Saturday go on some bad roads, over speed humps etc. Concensus on here about the 250 auto is that it's a delight to own and drive and I can't bring to mind anyone expressing disappointment.

Perhaps someone will come along with more experience of the car than me and instruct you what to look out for.

Someone did post some time ago about not being too happy with Sytner, big group and all that.

Good luck, hope you enjoy it.

Hello, I got a 2007 IS 250 SE MM in Aug last year and I would add:

1: Check the alloy wheel condition. Mine was still in warranty and I had them all replaced. Perhaps push for replacements if they are blistered or kerb scrubbed.

2: Get some mud flaps fitted with the deal.

3: Test drive for as long as you can over variety of roads that you know.

4: Check tyre depth.

5: Check the front discs for wear if you can.

6: Do a thorough body panel check for alignment, especially bumpers and check bumpers for slight paint cracks...sign of being dinked.

7: Check all paper work and make sure all services are/have been done recently.

8: Get the last owners name from the V5 and if you can call them up and ask them about the car and it's history.

9: Push and push as per the Lexus brochures that the car should be as good as new condition.

I love mine and wish I had bought one years ago.

Hope the deal goes well.

Hello, I got a 2007 IS 250 SE MM in Aug last year and I would add:

1: Check the alloy wheel condition. Mine was still in warranty and I had them all replaced. Perhaps push for replacements if they are blistered or kerb scrubbed.

2: Get some mud flaps fitted with the deal.

3: Test drive for as long as you can over variety of roads that you know.

4: Check tyre depth.

5: Check the front discs for wear if you can.

6: Do a thorough body panel check for alignment, especially bumpers and check bumpers for slight paint cracks...sign of being dinked.

7: Check all paper work and make sure all services are/have been done recently.

8: Get the last owners name from the V5 and if you can call them up and ask them about the car and it's history.

9: Push and push as per the Lexus brochures that the car should be as good as new condition.

I love mine and wish I had bought one years ago.

Hope the deal goes well.

Why the mud flaps? Do you have a lot of damage to the paintwork due to spray from the wheels? I'm picking up my new 2010 pearl white/ecru IS 250 Luxury with multimedia and PCS (don't know the UK equivalent to that spec) any day now. I still have the possibility to have mud flaps installed before delivery and might go for that if advisable. They do make the car look a little less stylish though, don't they?

Thanks,

Mattias

Hello Mattias,

Roads in the UK are truly dreadful so any form of extra protection has to be worth it. Also helps from getting tar spots on the sills/wings. Personally I think the black flaps go well with my Argento Ice paint but each to their own.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Last month i posted a topic with a satnav query as i was in the market for a 2006 220d. First of all, thanks to all who posted a reply, but thanks also to those who convinced me to consider the 250 Auto!

Yesterday i put a holding deposit on a Nov 2005 IS250 auto SE Multimedia 49k miles for £13k, and will be viewing the car at Sytner Lexus Milton Keynes on saturday. I have picked up on the forum about the known issue on some cars with a dashboard rattle, but please could you let me know if there are any other known issues that i should look for, or any recalls that i need to make sure have been carried out.

Also, what are your comments on a 2005 model? - i realise this is one of the earlier models so are there problems that may have been rectified on later cars?

I bought a brand new IS250 SE Auto in February 2006 and replaced this with a brand new SEL Auto MM in September of last year. There's precious little difference between the two cars ( a few new features on the latest one - self-folding door mirrors, for example) and both are superb cars. Comfort, quietness, reliability and fuel economy are outstanding. A small but irritating dashboard rattle on the first car was cured by inserting a tiny piece of foam rubber and the paintwork is very soft (a consequence of modern enviromentally-safe paints, I believe).

Well iam now the proud owner of an IS250 SE Auto MM!!

Picked it up saturday morning and have been beaming ever since!! :D

The beige leather really brightens up the interior and fits in well with the canterbury blue exterior. And that engine is a dream to drive - so smooth and responsive! its a far cry from the diesel vauxhall i used to have!

Welcome to the club. I've had mine since Feb last year and I still love it.

I see that you are in South Yorkshire - go and see Chris/Gary at the service dept at Lexus Sheffield and get a service plan to budget the cost of your future services. You get a free MOT for each year you have the plan which will save you a few quid.

Not sure how much it saves on the individual costs of the services, but paying monthly means I don't have to worry about a £200-£300 bill coming out of nowhere. They will also put your details onto their computer and check to see if the car needs any recal work. When I did the same last year it showed that the car needed the rear brake calipers looking at and the stearing rack checking. Also got the benefit of a full valet and VSR check while they were at it which showed the car I'd bought was a good one after all.

I love the beige interior also - goes really well with the Brechin Slate colour of mine (also a '55' Reg Nov 2005 IS250SE/MM).

Cheers

Phil

Hi Guys,

I bought a brand new IS250 SE Auto in February 2006 and replaced this with a brand new SEL Auto MM in September of last year. There's precious little difference between the two cars ( a few new features on the latest one - self-folding door mirrors, for example) and both are superb cars. Comfort, quietness, reliability and fuel economy are outstanding. A small but irritating dashboard rattle on the first car was cured by inserting a tiny piece of foam rubber and the paintwork is very soft (a consequence of modern enviromentally-safe paints, I believe).

Welcome to the club. I've had mine since Feb last year and I still love it.

I see that you are in South Yorkshire - go and see Chris/Gary at the service dept at Lexus Sheffield and get a service plan to budget the cost of your future services. You get a free MOT for each year you have the plan which will save you a few quid.

Not sure how much it saves on the individual costs of the services, but paying monthly means I don't have to worry about a £200-£300 bill coming out of nowhere. They will also put your details onto their computer and check to see if the car needs any recal work. When I did the same last year it showed that the car needed the rear brake calipers looking at and the stearing rack checking. Also got the benefit of a full valet and VSR check while they were at it which showed the car I'd bought was a good one after all.

I love the beige interior also - goes really well with the Brechin Slate colour of mine (also a '55' Reg Nov 2005 IS250SE/MM).

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for the advice Phil, i'll do that because i have been in touch with Chris previously when i was first looking to buy - unfortunately i found one elsewhere first!

I think the car has the famous dashboard rattle but other than that i cant find a single fault.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links