Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well after yet another British winter with the salt on the roads my chrome alloys are not getting any better. After pricing the cost of refurbishing them I decided to look for some suitable replacements.

With me having nearly new tyres fitted I did not want to go to the expense of buying tyres to fit new rims so needed some wide ones to take the present tyre set up ( rears 255-40-17 fronts 235-45-17) and finally came up with these on Fleabay.

Two have nearly new tyres on so I may either leave them on ( depending on make and quality) and just swop the other two tyres over from mine or if they are budget brand sell them back on Fleabay.

My old rims may also go on Fleabay as they are.

After my last attempt with new wheels ( chrome ones for which I got some stick on here! lol) I am hoping these meet with everyones approval.

BTW although they look chromed in the pictures I am assured they are not.

Anyway have a look and make your comments.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...%3D1&_rdc=1

Take no notice of young Ruud Steve. :winky:

I like them and can't wait to see them in the metal. I have concluded that :whistling: us more mature folk :hehe: appreciate a bit of pimping on our gentlemen's carriages :lol:

You will also find that with the wide spokes you can clean them without having to take them off the car every time.

Rod

Got the wheels last night courtesy of a workmate who was passing Swindon, the seller had nicely wrapped them up individually in bubblewrap so I had a quick glance last night and put them in the garage for the night.

If you have seen them on Fleabay you will know they look excellent, now I have them in the metal so to speak they appear to have been professionally refubished as there was still masking tape on the metal valves but the inner sides needed a good clean.

Armed with my newly purchased "Award winning alloy wheel cleaner kit" I set about cleaning and they were coming up like new only to find on the last wheel there was a dented inner rim where it meets the tyre beading.

The tyre hasn't lost pressure but I think this needs sorting before I replace the tyre.

I have contacted the seller to try and get something towards the work required as it would be uneconomical to take them back plus I've spent hours cleaning and polishing them.

This is what happens when you are born on Friday the 13th!!!!

Oh well wait and see

wheels2.jpg

wheels1.jpg

Sorry to see that Steve but the seller should certainly have known the condition. We must be related because I would have cleaned the other three wheels first as well. :winky:

That wheel appears to have scrubbed up very well and I thought for a moment it was hallmarked. :o

Hopefully the vendor will chip in towards the cost of repair because I can't see you wanting to get rid and not put them on the car and do a serious bit of 'senior pimpin.' :lol:

:)

Rod

Some good news I contacted the seller by email ( the wheels belonged to his brother who doesn't have an Fleabay account) and he was very apologetic as this defect was unnoticed ( I must admit I didn't see it until I cleaned it) and they have refunded me £40.00 which I am hoping will cover the repair.The guy even had the wheels professionally refurbed before selling them and even they didn't see the dent!!

Next question is does anyone know where I can get the repair done in the Notts/Derbys/Leics area, I have found a place at Melton Mowbray but closer would be nice.

I even considered at one point getting a piece of wood shaping it to the curve of the rim and belting it with a hammer to see if it would straighten out but dismissed the idea out of safety concerns and knocking a piece out the rim so will go professional.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links