Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi guy my auto colum retract as just stopped working it moves if i do it with the control on the colum but when i remove the key it stays in the same place could anyone please give any advice on the matter many thanks neil

Did you maybe, accidentally hit the switch to turn off the telescope feature?

Mine does exaclty the same.

When you take the ignition key in / out sometimes the sterring column "works", sometimes it doesn't. It stopped working for about 3 weeks and has just started working without a problem again.

I suspect there is a switch that triggers when the key is in / out and that the contacts are just dirty.

I have taken my steering column cover off a few times, taken the motors out and cleaned them up and this does the trick for a while but I don't think I have ever properly got to the route of the problem.

I very much suspect that all the dust, dirt etc. picked up on the igniton key from your pocket etc. works it's way into the igniton barrel where (presumably?) the switch is.

Hi nelly400

If my experience is anything to go by, this and various other random electrical problems, particularly with the central locking heralded Battery failure. With snow and ice covering most of our cars for the last few weeks and needing lights and heaters at full blast, batteries have taken a real pounding.

I suggest that you get your Battery tested and save yourself a lot of hassle by either charging or replacing it before you find yourself stranded, as I did. :blush::blush:

Regards

Rod

If its not the in/out switch on the column as has been sugested, it could be the switch that detects the ignition key being inserted.

Does the 2- position memory function (buttons on the door) work?

thanks for all the suggestions but all has gone back to normal i think its like a women tempremental (no offence ladys)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links