Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is300

Rory

Gave it a wipe over today as its my first day off since collecting the car last week, thought i'd grab a couple of pics before it goes dark, first pic is the one from the day I collected it but the rest are new today, apologies on the average photo quality, opinions welcome :D

I have an LE grille going on soon, just needs re spraying...

18032_451422660701_868025701_10935915_803108_n.jpg

The Wheels are on the list of mods as those are corroded :(

08022010041.jpg

08022010039.jpg

Chrome Exhaust tip and TRD Kit is also in the list...

08022010038.jpg

Notice the steering wheel logo has been changed :D First mod!!

08022010042.jpg

Compared to my 200 I can't get over how tidy this interior is, some will remember the marks and scratches on the green one I had before

08022010046.jpg

I will add pics as the car evolves :D

nice >:D you going to get new alloys or are you going to get them refurbed? i think sarah was looking for some 17" alloys so im sure you could sell them and put them towards some 18"

good idea?

Gave it a wipe over today as its my first day off since collecting the car last week, thought i'd grab a couple of pics before it goes dark, first pic is the one from the day I collected it but the rest are new today, apologies on the average photo quality, opinions welcome :D

I have an LE grille going on soon, just needs re spraying...

18032_451422660701_868025701_10935915_803108_n.jpg

The Wheels are on the list of mods as those are corroded :(

08022010041.jpg

08022010039.jpg

Chrome Exhaust tip and TRD Kit is also in the list...

08022010038.jpg

Notice the steering wheel logo has been changed :D First mod!!

08022010042.jpg

Compared to my 200 I can't get over how tidy this interior is, some will remember the marks and scratches on the green one I had before

08022010046.jpg

I will add pics as the car evolves :D

does look gorgeous,especially the interior,lol ,i note the 4x4 sitting there(the thinking mans winter tyres !). STILL GREEN-EVEN GREENER SEEIN THE INTERIOR,was your 200 auto or manual ?

Hi Rory,

I know this is well trodden subject but when you get chance, can you post some MPG stats. I think I'm right in thinking that you previously had an IS200 so I'm really interested to see how your IS300 stacks up against your IS200.

Cheers,

Mick.

nice >:D you going to get new alloys or are you going to get them refurbed? i think sarah was looking for some 17" alloys so im sure you could sell them and put them towards some 18"

good idea?

I'm undecided what alloys to go for yet, I think probably the Anthrecite 11-spoke IS wheels, but then maybe 18s in a similar colour when I have more spare cash..?

does look gorgeous,especially the interior,lol ,i note the 4x4 sitting there(the thinking mans winter tyres !). STILL GREEN-EVEN GREENER SEEIN THE INTERIOR,was your 200 auto or manual ?

My 200 was auto also

see you've done the shiney L badge mod on the steering wheel.....

First thing I did :D

Hi Rory,

I know this is well trodden subject but when you get chance, can you post some MPG stats. I think I'm right in thinking that you previously had an IS200 so I'm really interested to see how your IS300 stacks up against your IS200.

Cheers,

Mick.

Already onto this one, I put £25 (at 109.9p) in half a mile after my light came on and reset the counter straight away, I will have an update by weekend hopefully I was used to getting between 20-25mpg in the 200 Auto but only town driving

Already onto this one, I put £25 (at 109.9p) in half a mile after my light came on and reset the counter straight away, I will have an update by weekend hopefully I was used to getting between 20-25mpg in the 200 Auto but only town driving

I usually put £20 at 111p :crybaby: approx 18 litres per week on my is300 here in London, and I get around 75 miles when the light comes on, been averaging the same £20 at 111p fill up for the last 3 weeks. So by my calculation this should be 18.94 mpg all London city driving.

Tried the LE grille on the car today so here's a quick photo, it needs re spraying so its coming off again but in the meantime the original grille has been slightly modified and a pic will go on tomorrow and opinions will be appreciated:

09022010047.jpg

Hi Rory,

Cheers,

Mick.

I've been keeping a close eye on my MPG figures over the years and in 35,000 miles of driving (22 mile daily drive to work - small A-roads, some town, and weekends/holidays) I average 27.1 MPG. Not too bad really for a quite old design 3 litre engine with an auto box on a heavy car - and it is so smooth it makes all the petrol worth it :)

I've been keeping a close eye on my MPG figures over the years and in 35,000 miles of driving (22 mile daily drive to work - small A-roads, some town, and weekends/holidays) I average 27.1 MPG. Not too bad really for a quite old design 3 litre engine with an auto box on a heavy car - and it is so smooth it makes all the petrol worth it :)

That's really good economy you've got there, the most I've had out of my IS200 auto is 27mpg, and that's being really conscious about what I'm doing with the throttle.......or is the majority of your driving motorway cruising?

That's really good economy you've got there, the most I've had out of my IS200 auto is 27mpg, and that's being really conscious about what I'm doing with the throttle.......or is the majority of your driving motorway cruising?

I'd say it's about 50/50 between dual carriageways/motorways and smaller A-roads with some fun :) On a long run (~150miles up the A1) I get about 31 if I'm really careful with the cruise control on at 70mph travelling later at night with not too much traffic. The lowest I've had is about 18mpg having some fun in the Alps, but that's what we buy them for so I don't mind!

Small Update, tried somethin new with the original grille, i've blacked out the chrome edge, my LE grille need a good sand down and re-spray and to be honest i'm not sure if I can be bothered, may do it in the future or may just get rid of it

14022010049.jpg

I really like how this one looks actually

I like that-retains the original look with a hint of sport-i know theyre a bit marmite but ive been thinkin if rebadging mine with gold lexus logo front and rear and doing away with the writing on the back - i kinda think gold works with the green colour of mine-dechroming the front grille would go well with that maybe-food 4 thought 4 me

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers

Just successfully programmed 2 new keys for the car also, a 2 button and a 3 button, cost me £14 for the blades, £14 to have them cut, £12 for both transponders

My Sport grille is being painted and i'll be sticking that on next week when I get chance to collect it...

• 2 weeks later...

I think I prefered the original grill with the blacked out surround.

Car looks real smart though! :)

Bruce

Cheers :D

i've never thought much of the sport grille but talking to someone who felt the same they said it grows on you and I do agree, although I do like my other grille and that was such an easy mod I may revert back, depends how each one looks if I can get hold of a TRD kit

the original grille was blacked out simply with black insulation tape, and to be fair, it holds very well and is hard to tell how cheap the mod is, and easy to undo

and the L badge on the sport grille is one i've removed from a standard centre cap from my old wheels

• 1 month later...

Ok no major changes but the weather was nice and the car was clean so I took some new pics, theres now dark side repeaters, darker than I expected, don't really go with the normal headlights but as the windows are dark it looks ok I think:

01052010106.jpg

01052010109.jpg

01052010107.jpg

01052010110.jpg

01052010112.jpg

Exhaust could do with bringing up to a shine, Autosol is on the shopping list...

01052010113.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links