Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Brother came around to use my internet to get some car insurance quotes through moneysupermarket.com

They have an all new quote format that, on the first page, gives you the industry valuation for your vehicle.

My LS400 series 4 is only valued at £1595 !

My Brother came around to use my internet to get some car insurance quotes through moneysupermarket.com

They have an all new quote format that, on the first page, gives you the industry valuation for your vehicle.

My LS400 series 4 is only valued at £1595 !

I'll offer you £500

Depends on the valuation site used, the one I just looked at says for a 99(s) 140K £1625 average £1875 good £3895 retail

they are only a guide. To get a good mark4 you have to pay £2500 min in todays market. Just look on the bright side if they drop down to say £500 you can buy anouther 6 of them and have a different colour one for every day of the week :D

I bought a 98 series 4 a couple of months ago for £2800 after looking for 6 months for a good one. It took me that long to find what I thought was a bargain (and still do) as anything with a decent history and in pristine condition seems to go for at least £3500 if you look on autotrader or eBay. I still try to depress myself by looking for a better deal and as yet haven't found one as good for the same or less money.

I would say if you want a 98 in A1 condition with less than 140K mileage and a good Lexus service history you would be hard pressed to find one for under £3500 unless you are very lucky. Even at that price it is an incredible amount of car, power and luxury for the money and you realise how good it is whenever you get int another vehicle. Was picked up by my mate today in a much newer BMW which was nowhere near as refined.

On another subject, I put my LS400 in for its MOT today and it passed without even an advisory! Only thing that needed doing was a side light which cost 26 pence and was fitted by Lexus Reading free of charge. Car was valeted to a high standard when they returned it to me and I would highly recommend using them as they were excellent. Have booked it in for an 'A' service next week as I was so impressed, I usually service myself but thought I would give myself a break and let the professionals have a look.

I think you just have to pay what you are comfortable with. Unless you are buying a 'classic car' where there will be little or no depreciation, you have to be prepared to take a hit when you move it on. However, on a car at around £3k, the total loss over a 3 year period will only be around £1-2k - far less than depreciation on anything new.

I paid effectively £2900 for a 99 DHP (122k) which had a full lexus history. It has cost me around a further £1.5k to get it up to my standard (I'm fussy, but most would have needed this work) of mechanical health, but as I hope to keep it for 5 years this should (fingers crossed) pay dividends.

I also see very few LS's for sale (particularly in Scotland), so there is a shortage of choice, therefore you pay more than the guide prices.

Pete

well i'm actually in the process of selling my 97 mkIII and i 've held out for what i think is a fair price. yes there are cheaper but mine has been well loked after and is a good example. i've had an unbelieveable amount of intrest in it(i think the main problem it didn't sell is i'm never there to let a buyer take a look!). a deals been done and when i return home it goes :(

and i am selling it for more than your £1595 valuation. '97 mkIII with 122kmiles with some history, in black.

Well... My series 4 still has less than an 100k on the clock and has full lexus service history.

I paid just shy of £3k for her from some one who purchased her at just 11 months old from Lexus Bristol.

I guess it just goes to show that what you paid and what the insurance company will fork out is a World apart.

Sad to think that even the slightest shunt could write the car off !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links