Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handy Tip To Avoid Speed Cameras

It's the forward facing cameras that put a shiver down my spine  :lookaround:

i was told last week that you cannot get done for speeding if the camera is pointed at you. All to do with Invasion of privacy laws.

someone should check it out....

Fever.. ask your uncle if this is true?

It's the forward facing cameras that put a shiver down my spine  :lookaround:

i was told last week that you cannot get done for speeding if the camera is pointed at you. All to do with Invasion of privacy laws.

someone should check it out....

That would be incorrect..

In english Law there is no right to privacy, the legal rights to privacy come under the eurpoean convention on human rights, which are supposed to be taken into account in every judicial decision, but they are at best vague. there is certainly no written legislation regarding privacy yet, anything we have comes under common law (precedents set in cases)

The the reason they are vague is to enable governments to use things such as cctv / speed cameras because it is in the public interest to do so

However if someone was to take a photo of you in a comprimising situation (and im not talking about a picture from the digital speeding camera), and then got it published then you would be able to begin an action under the defamation / libel laws (tort) (this comprimising picture

is important because your reputation has been damaged), but there is no legal right to privacy

Another example would be a telephoto lens photos of people in private houses / beaches come under laws of tresspass

the only poss way your really going to escape prosecution is if the authority has not warned you that the camera was there, Otherwise unlucky.

well.. remember that was supposed to be a pic of playa.. but was rather upsetting... so i thought you were the only one who could take the joke! :winky:

oh.. btw.. diddnt you put the slippers on directly after the photo?

well.. remember that was supposed to be a pic of playa.. but was rather upsetting... so i thought you were the only one who could take the joke! :winky:

:D :winky:

oh.. btw.. diddnt you put the slippers on directly after the photo?

hehehe - as you know - I normally travel in my slippers - but fortunately, I was going to the meet at the Ace Cafe last night, so put a pair trainer type things on.

Got up this morning - hadn't packed my shoes - so had to wear these trainers to work!

If I hadn't being going the meet - I would have had to turn up in Homer Simpson slippers and a suit! :lol::lol:

just cost me 65 notes for a pair of shoes to wear for the next three days :sad:

Steve, asked my uncle and to back up fargo's post further, unfortunately its not true! They use then more now so that you can't shift the blame saying that someone else was driving the car!! :ph34r:

I've heard this story before.... and I personally don't believe it.

Jnewland, the info I posted is true mate...its not a myth. The gray plate covers the holes at the back, so that nothing can be put through them....it is lowered when the film cartridge is inserted and the hole's allow the locks to be visable so the film can be locked in place.

Matt how often do you have to change your nappy?? :lol::lol:

Steve, asked my uncle and to back up fargo's post further, unfortunately its not true! They use then more now so that you can't shift the blame saying that someone else was driving the car!! :ph34r:

I've heard this story before.... and I personally don't believe it.

Jnewland, the info I posted is true mate...its not a myth. The gray plate covers the holes at the back, so that nothing can be put through them....it is lowered when the film cartridge is inserted and the hole's allow the locks to be visable so the film can be locked in place.

Matt how often do you have to change your nappy?? :lol::lol:

cheers for the info mate

also i checked some of the cameras here in camera city and yes it true.. some had the locks and some did not...

trouble is you have to get quite close to see.. interesting if you do that road a few times a day

So Fever,, what are you saying is not true, the Right to Privacy issue ??

Forward facing cameras are fine with me - I'll just take the bike! If they can track me down from the type of bike, helmet and leathers, then good luck to 'em B)

...not that I speed of course :whistling::whistling:

Not unless they develop a camera that can detect that the oncoming 'speeder' is a motorcycle rather than a car, and quickly swivel round as the bike goes past to take a photo of the number on the back ;)

Actually I'll bet the technology probably exists, but they'd have to spend some of the money they wring out of motorists on actually dealing with with motoring problems..... no chance of that then :lol:

So Fever,, what are you saying is not true, the Right to Privacy issue ??

Sorry bud, just agreeing with what you said! :D I meant what Steve had heard was not true!

Not being precious here folks but after starting this thread have we gone slightly off topic!  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

:oops:

Marked points, hmmm... The DVD based navigation system can store up to 100 marked points. In addition to that, I guess you could use "Area to avoid" of which you can store another 10. Trouble is, if you live in London for example, you're stuffed. According to the Transport for London web site, there are 600 fixed cameras in the Metropolitan Police area alone! :duh:

I drove into a pub car park the other night at 6.15pm as an old Rover was leaving in a hurry. The 2 guys inside the car had spent 10 mins eying up all the cars. They then broke the rear window of a new Audi and stole a brief case.

Some one had alerted the police but they arrived too late.

You can bet that if someone reported me looking into the back of a speed camera I would be caught within 2 minutes!

Concerning the question about rights, some lawyers are questioning and using the Court of European Rights directive that one cannot be made under penalty of law to answer a question which would convict you.

i.e. Please answer on the form if you were the driver exceeding the 30mph speed limit on....

However should the police catch you speeding and produce the corroborating evidence and either warn you on the spot or serve a Notice of Intended prosecution within 14 days you and your licence have problems.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links