Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spare Key - Cheapest Route?

Hi all,

Had a pretty close call sat night almost losing my only key for the IS - someone up there is watching me, it was exactly where I first looked in the middle of London's Pacha nightclub just sitting there on the floor!!! Unreal luck!!

This has obv prompted me to pay out for a spare key.

Now can anyone please suggest the cheapest route as I know we can program our own keys etc. I was thinking eBay for a key and then Im sure there is a thread on here for programming your key yourself??

Advice please - with approx prices would be great.

Ta

Bill

Get a blank key and 2nd hand remote (the bit with the electrics/buttons) off eBay. And yes there are instructions on the site on how to program keys.

I was in a very similar predicament a while back (not in the middle of a club - just one key) but managed to retrieve one of my keys from a dealership so my purchases became redundant.

I may have a set (not sure of combination - whether it is the uncut key/remote). Will see what I have and so may be able to help out. Will check at home in the eve and pm if you're happy with that?

I was in a very similar predicament a while back (not in the middle of a club - just one key) but managed to retrieve one of my keys from a dealership so my purchases became redundant.

I may have a set (not sure of combination - whether it is the uncut key/remote). Will see what I have and so may be able to help out. Will check at home in the eve and pm if you're happy with that?

Oh if you have a key and fob uncut that'd be perfect mate....if you wouldn't mind taking a look and we can talk reddies after that. Cheers

i still have some 2 button transponder if you need.

5 pounds each for p+p

If I remember correctly, the two button transponder is part of the valet key. You still need the transponder from the master (i.e. three button) to do the setup.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links